Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

Post subject: Rebellion Vista x64
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:58 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I looked through the site, and i saw alot of things to halp Rebellion either x64 XP or vista x32, but not both

I was wondering what i could do to fix that :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Rebellion Vista x64
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:24 am 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith

Try solutions for both and see what works? :)

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.
- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -
The cake is a lie.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:20 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

Emulator (VirtualBox, VMWare, VirtualPC, etc.) with 32bit WinXP works always :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:17 pm 
<!-- Grand Moff //-->

Get Microsoft to make a better OS cuz Vista aint, or get LucasArts to make a 64bit version of Rebellion :P

Join me, and together we shall watch as I rule the galaxy!
- SW:Rebellion Network - Stratus Squadran Consulting -

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:11 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

This worked for me:

Download the "Rebellion Refreshed and Reloaded Ultimate Package (x86/x64)" here, and the Reloaded TC.

Unzip the package (it has all the "extra" files you'll need), and use it to complete the instructions below:

x64 Users
- Open the Star Wars Rebellion cd in explorer.
- Copy everything from D:\Rebellion to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion
- Right-Click on the file Rebellion_x64.reg and select the merge option.
- Download the TC beta and follow the directions included in README.
- Rename C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded.
- Move C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\star Wars Reloaded.
- Right-Click on the file Reloaded_x64.reg and select the merge option.
- Delete REBEXE.EXE from C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded
- Copy RELOADED.EXE to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded
- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded
- Manually create a new desktop shortcut pointing to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded\RELOADED.EXE
- Copy everything from D:\Rebellion to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion
- Copy REBEXE.EXE to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion, Click Yes to replace.
- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion
- Create a Rebellion desktop shortcut to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\REBEXE.EXE
- Take a deep breathe, make a choice, click either Rebellion or Reloaded shortcut and relax :)

The Reloaded game didn't work for me, but it was likely my mistake with RebEd or something - I couldn't get it installed right. I ended up just deleting the "Reloaded" folder, and vanilla Rebellion works just fine! Also, make sure you add a folder called "Savegame" in your Rebellion folder - that'll let you save your games.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:39 am 
<!-- Fleet Admiral -->

AsterXiphos wrote:
This worked for me:

Download the "Rebellion Refreshed and Reloaded Ultimate Package (x86/x64)" here, and the Reloaded TC.

Unzip the package (it has all the "extra" files you'll need), and use it to complete the instructions below:

x64 Users
- Copy everything from D:\Rebellion to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion
- Right-Click on the file Rebellion_x64.reg and select the merge option.
- Download the TC beta and follow the directions included in README.
- Rename C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded.
- Move C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\star Wars Reloaded.
- Right-Click on the file Reloaded_x64.reg and select the merge option.
- Delete REBEXE.EXE from C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded
- Copy RELOADED.EXE to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded
- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded
- Manually create a new desktop shortcut pointing to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Reloaded\RELOADED.EXE
- Copy everything from D:\Rebellion to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion
- Copy REBEXE.EXE to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion, Click Yes to replace.
- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion
- Create a Rebellion desktop shortcut to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\REBEXE.EXE
- Take a deep breathe, make a choice, click either Rebellion or Reloaded shortcut and relax :)

The Reloaded game didn't work for me, but it was likely my mistake with RebEd or something - I couldn't get it installed right. I ended up just deleting the "Reloaded" folder, and vanilla Rebellion works just fine! Also, make sure you add a folder called "Savegame" in your Rebellion folder - that'll let you save your games.

Wow, I'm glad you could follow that. I know that I wrote it at some point but I'm blowing my own mind here reading it again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:15 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I'm having some difficulty. I'm pretty sure i followed all your steps correctly, but when I run either the rebexe.exe or the Reloaded.exe it immediately crashes and issues an error stating,

Pathname unknown to Video Manager
C:\Program Files(x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\\MDATA\MDATA 000

I hit okay to the error and a similar error appears again

C:\Program Files(x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\\MDATA\MDATA 001

After reaching MDATA 003, the opening menu appears (the one where you can choose difficulty, side, and such).
I try to start a new game, but it crashes to the desktop.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:26 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Hello, I have a problem, aprés to have followed the instructions given, puts his(her,its) me that the file d3drm.dll is untraceable.
Of the help(assistant) please.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:46 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Ok, I actually love you guys, and I never thought I'd say that on a Star Wars forum. Supremacy (I'm a Brit) is an amazing game, but after a tragic hour of trying to get it to work on my Vista 64 PC and failing abysmally, I nearly gave up all hope. And now this! You are all wonderful, wonderful people, especially budious (and not just because of his cool name).

I do have one question though. As you've already noticed, I call it Supremacy, not Rebellion. My disk is labelled Supremacy, the folder with all the game data is D:/Supremacy, not Rebellion. Should I still install everything to folders named Rebellion, install registries called Rebellion etc, or should I change "Rebellion" to "Supremacy" every time it appears?

Many thanks,

~~Capreolus

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:29 pm 
<!-- Colonel -->

HarryI-919 wrote:
I'm having some difficulty. I'm pretty sure i followed all your steps correctly, but when I run either the rebexe.exe or the Reloaded.exe it immediately crashes and issues an error stating,

C:\Program Files(x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\\MDATA\MDATA 000

I hit okay to the error and a similar error appears again

C:\Program Files(x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\\MDATA\MDATA 001

After reaching MDATA 003, the opening menu appears (the one where you can choose difficulty, side, and such).
I try to start a new game, but it crashes to the desktop.

those movies are in an old codec Smacker. If you re-encode them to something newer so your computer can understand them to play.

What I did to get them to work in a remake. Yours is crashing right before the ship takes off from the cockpit select screen to the planet or ship HQ to start playing. That is the last cutscene to get into the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:12 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Okay, I'm an idiot. How would I go about getting program not to crash? I'm having the same issue as above.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:35 pm 
<!-- Fleet Admiral -->

Well depending on the error, you need either d3drm.dll or smackw32.dll, the files on the cd should suffice so long as they are in the applications root folder (ie. C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion), if that doesn't work try also putting a copy in the system32 folder on x86 (32-bit) versions of windows or in the syswow64 folder on x64 (64-bit) windows.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:16 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Both are in the folder and the error messages still appear. I have the same issues that HenryI-919 experienced.

It seems that it's a problem with some linkage to the movie files, Slocket seems to think it's the encoding on the files not being up to date for a 64-bit OS.

Any thoughts?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:48 pm 
<!-- Colonel -->

OK. I posted a suggested fix for another person who had the problem trying to get past the MDATA.00* movie cutscenes.
It maybe part of the copy protection. I do know for him using the **** off the net does not play those movie cutscenes so it will work without the CD. It should fix the problem but you will have no cutscenes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:36 pm 
<!-- Fleet Admiral -->

You can try placing smackw32.dll in the C:\Windows\system32 (x86 32-bit) folder and running the command regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\smackw32.dll and see if that makes a difference.

The same instruction for x64 64-bit is a slight different. C:\Windows\sysWOW64\regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\sysWOW64\smackw32.dll after copying smackw32.dll to the C:\Windows\sysWOW64\ directory. (Note do not call regsvr32 directly as it will bring up the 64-bit process for handling 64-bit dll's, use the full path as noted in italics. - I didn't actually have a x64 Windows system handy to try this so I don't guarantee it to be right, it was my best guess. :)

Due to the convoluted nature of the x64 environment, the C:\Windows\system32\ path holds the 64-bit system resources on x64 systems for those confused as to why 32-bit applications are going in a folder with "64" in the path name. Microsoft... :roll: