What files will we need?

Kellern

Question

My friend and I dug up our old Rebellion CDs and preparing to start a new 1vs1. We worked together to make some changes using REBED and we are wondering what files we need to transfer in order to make it work? ie: Tactical DLLs and others. I have searched the site and have not yet found a concrete answer to this. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

3 answers to this question

• SWR Staff - Executive

Generally if you export the settings from Rebed and have the other person load them, you should get exactly the same changes to the DLLs.

Wouldn't want to be swapping entire files unless you really had the upload speeds for it.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

If you did want to transfer the entire .dll files, then I'd assume you're using a thumb drive or other fast means of transferring large files. In which case, it'd be easiest to just copy them all to ensure you didn't miss anything. But generally, the following are most likely to be changed by RebEd if you added cards or changed unit stats:

GOKRES.DLL

ENCYBMAP.DLL

ENCYTEXT.DLL

TACTICAL.DLL

However, like Evaders said, exporting from RebEd is most likely the easiest method.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

Don't forget the DAT files! If you change any of the fighter/ship/troop/facility stats (i.e. refined materials, maintenance, attack/defense values) these are stored in the designated DAT file, so you'll need to copy them also. So it really is easier using the RebEd save files.
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?