Right clicking issues

red5

Question

Hi, I used to play this game years ago and have been trying to get it to work again. I've gotten it to run on xp (with some effort) except for one thing...well two things. First, whenever I right click on something the drop down menu that comes up is tiny and there are no recognizable commands in it. When I click randomly in there it executes the commands but I can't tell which one I'm hitting until something happens (obviously this makes it pretty impossible to play the game). Also the character status window is empty which I heard somebody mention was happening to them on vista. I tried running it on my brother's laptop too but had the same problem. Help me SWR forum, you're my only hope.

4 answers to this question

I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones in that it runs on XP fine for with absolutely no problems :D As for the "tiny screen" problem, the only thing I can think of is what screen resolution are you using. You have to remember this is an old game, and its "max" resulotion is inferior compared to todays. Are you running it full screen or "in a window"?

Does your computer automatically detect which resolution a program wants to use and adjust accordingly?

Like I said, I've had no problems so I don't know anything to fix, or really how to help others, at least from "experience". Good Luck! :D

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Thanks for the reply. I tried minimizing the resolution but that didn't fix it, I'll probably try messing around with it a little when I get home from thanksgiving but I'm beginning to think this might be a pipe dream. Glad it's working for somebody though (=

Perhaps adjusting the color will fix things? What does it run on, 16-bit? It's been a long while, and I've lost my manual, else I'd have better advice...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Don't forget you can run the game in compatability mode by right clicking the Reb.exe and going to Properties/Compatability. I sometimes find that helps resolve issues with old games; though I'm afraid I've never had problems like you're describing on XP or Vista.
"It is such a quiet to thing to fall. But it is far more terrible to admit it."