Online Manual?

Ashbery76

Question

11 answers to this question

Last I checked if you go tohttp://www.cheatcc.com they had something similar to an on line manual for Rebellion. If not, then it's semi-easy-ish tot ech people. You have three basic things that you can build stuff with: shipyards (Build ships, obviously) troop training centers (make troops, again obvious) and construction yards (Which make everything. Very obvious). Anyway, each of your planets starting on easy will probably have at least one of those items, possibly more. Each planet has several little spots that are either blue of white at the top of three rows of varying colors (Or possibly just two if the system is uninhabited. But I'll get to that later). Anyway, the blue and white spots represent, for lack of a better term, build points. You have one buildpoint, good for one building for each blue spot. A white spot means that the point is being used. Points can be tacken back on a planet by scraping facilities. Now then, you will also notice at the top of the screen there are three indicators for numbers. One is refineries, one is mines, and the last is maintenance points. The third one is the only one you should really pay attention to at all. It represents, as said before, the number of maintenance points. Every unit except the mine and refinery require maintenance points. If you do not have enough, you can not build. If they become negative (IE mines or refineries were scrapped/ sabatoged/ blockaded) you will begin to have items scrapped automatically to bring your maintenance points to zero or as close to zero as possible (They can't be maintained without maintenance). To get maintenance points, you will need to build mines and refineries. One mine + one refinery = fifty maintenance points. Don't get your hopes up, though, capital ships can take up a lot of maintenance points. My advice is to right click on your droid and select "manage" production. It's fairly effective, though you may wish to change a couple of refineries the droid tries to build into mines (Mine might have a glitch, but he builds three refineries for each mine). Next on the agenda is characters and troops. These can be the same thing... Sort of. Characters can do some things that troops can't, and vice versa. But right now, I'm going to the missions that they do. A character can perform all of these missions by default: espionage (For either your planet or your enemy's), incite uprising (on an enemy planet) subdue uprising (For your planets in states of uprising), abduction (On the Imperial side, also assasination), and sabatoge. Anyway, a character's stats will help to determine if they're any good at the mission. Fortunately, their stats are idiot-proof to read. Just right click on them and click on the "status" button. This will give you a list of statistics with a number next to it. Say a character has a combat rating of 9, and an espionage rating of 92. That would make this character good for espionage missions on planets which you own, but pretty crappy for espionage missions on planets that have troops (They are very likely to be captured on the mission, or it will be foiled). Characters can also be made into Admirals, Generals, and Commanders (With some exceptions). And Admiral or Commander will assist in Naval combat, causing ships to react faster and fire harder, or squadrons of fighters to take fewer hits and do more damage. The statistics of these leaders is important, because an admiral with higher leadership will do better than one with lower leadership. Also, higher combat ratings will make your character's ships fire better and harder, where as leaders with high espionage points can help detect if your ships are in danger of distruction. Generals will assist in taking a planet (which you would do by bringing in a ship with troopers, not special forces. Anyway, Generals make it more likely that fewer of your troops will die in combat. Special forces can assist on some missions as well, wheras other characters can intervene, too. On a mission, if you click the little tab at the top of the "select mission" screen that is to the right, you can highlight a force and put them on a decoy team. (To get more than one character/ special forces unit on a mission, click on one of the units, then hold down the "control" key and click on the other unit you want, continuing on to other units that you want in the same manner. Then just select 'mission' from the menu.).

Right then, special forces. Imperial Commandos/Infiltrators can go on missions to assasinate/ abduct charactors, and also to sabotage facilities, ships, troops, ect.

Guerella troops can incite uprisings in enemy systems. Imperials have nothing like them, I don't think, though they might.

Imp.s have Noghri Death commandos, who can do assasination/abduction missions.

Oh, yeah, one last thing on missions: Main characters (IE Vader/Palpy and Luke/Han/Leia/Mon Mothma) can do recruiting missions to get you more people to aid your side in its cause. just send them on a mission to a system you control. They will also cause characters with three special types of missions to appear. These are the R&D teams. (Research and Design, if you didn't know what that meant). You can put units on ship design, facility design, or troop training missions. These will allow you to build more advanced troops, sips, or facilities faster than you would have been able to if you merely followed the game and let it randomly generate when you will get certain upgrades (The upgrades always follow an annoying order, though). R&D missions, as well as subdue uprising/diplomacy missions can b on going, meaning that when the little Rebel or Imperial symbol on he side of the screen lights up. If you click on the item in bold print under that section, it will show a picture of the character you sent on the mission, teling you whether or not they were succesful/produced results and asking if they should continue or not. If you don't tell them to continue, they will automatically continue the mission unless it is diplomacy and the planet is completely loyal. So, loyalties, now. One of the bars that mar or may not appear will have a bar that is either red, green, or both. The majority portion of the bar will be the side that the planet belongs to. The planet will turn red or green according to the side it belongs to. If the planet is neutral, it will be blue. The more the planet's population supports your side, the more you can do, such as bombarding civilian facilities for any enemy planets in your area (That will cause planet to lose faith in you. Also, planetry assaults make planets angry, as well as bombarding civilian facilites (Which can happen accidentally when bombarding military facilities). Oh, yeah, and if a fleet dies, that makes them lose faith to). The screen to the side that lights up with messages will tell you primarily stupid stuff, except for your factions symbol, which give primarily mission statuses. Others tell you that fleets have arrived, ships have been made/ repaired, faciliies have been built, facilities are idel, and (The one important thing in there) that a natural disaster has occured, which means that you will lose many items (including, most annoyingly, orbital shipyards) on planets... Though troops will be fine. Build points might dissapear, though. Back to facilities, again, for a moment- obvious as this might be, if you have more than one of the core facilities (Training, shipyard, and construction) they will complete their assigned tasks faster. It said something like two doubles production, three increases by a third, or something. Uh, on the front of ships and naval combat: Differant ships have differant firing capabilities. Some fighters (bombers like B-wings, Y-wings, TIE Bombers, and TIE Defenders) are adept at destroying capital ships, while ships with mainly laser cannons can destroy fighters better, and fighters can destroy bombers better. Ships with turbo lasers are the only ones that can bombard a planet, though. Ion cannons temporarily dissable ship's systems, while turbo lasers destroy them. If you plan to take control of a battle, ask someone else's advice, because I suck at it. Otherwise, you can just run away or let the computer handle it (Though I wouldn't trust the compy all the time. Learn how to take command best). Also, some ships can carry troops, and fighters, though only limited amounts. Ships can also be put into fleets. A fleet will move only as fast as it's slowest ship, which can both help and hnder. Some ships go faster in hyperspace than others, meaning that you can get troop transports somewhere faster than warships, but if an enemy blockades the system your sending the troops to with a war fleet and interdictor/CC 7700 frigate, so that you can't jump to hyperspace, the troops my well be screwed. For specifics on ships, check out the galactic Encyclopedia, which your droid assistant will mention in their briefing. I will tell you that interdictors and CC 7700's are handy to have, as they keep an enemy from running away. Fleets can also be used to blockade a system. This means that anything under production to go elsewhere than that system will immidiately stop being built. I think this goes for ships as well. Also, depending on the strength of the blockading fleet, fewer to no resources will be going to your enemy from that planet, which can force them to scrap their ships and facilities.

There's much, much more to the game, but some of it you just have to discover for yourself. If you have any more questions about the game, post them here and someone else can help you. Other people, fill in the stuff I missed.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Thanks, but I wish that worked, but for some reason they won't stop going on.

I normally have to save the game just after they finish talking for future use, its so annoying!

I've updated to 1.01 too.

I remember in the manual it said you could and I vaguely remember it was a combo of keys, but I might be mistaken.

Hey,

Is there a command to skip the intro's by C3P0 and the Empires droid?

It may be hit or miss. I did a easy/small/HQ victory game with the Rebs one (just for giggles, I gave the Rebs a 1/1 Death Star build ability in RebEd...I just wanted to see the defeat video), and I could not get C-3PO to shut up, despite madly clicking all over the place (I didn't think about the Esc key though). However, I do the same thing with the Empire, and I got IMP-22 to stop after the first click.

Not sure why that happened, but there you go.

What type of computer are you running it on? Some of the newer ones make for funky running of Rebellion...

...and unbold unread issues.... :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Do you have any idea how annoying that is?

Sorry to post somewhat off-topic.

Sovereign ProtAKtor of the BEAK Imperium.

1 Corinthians 16:14 " Your every act should be done with love."