Reb.EXE Generated Errors

AdmScreed

Question

Ok I have had Rebellion for years, and HAVE always had this problem. Windows 95, 98 and 2000 all result in the same error, all on different computers. Randomly the game will close (losing all my unsaved progress) and an error will come up Reb.exe has generated errors and will be shut down immediatly. I have the latest patch for it(the only one that I know of). Lucasarts is no help and im running an Alienware 1.8Ghz p4 384MB's RD Ram GF4 Ti4600, other computers that had the same problem (in descending order) P3 450Mhz 192MB SDRam ATI Rage Fury Pro Win 98, Pentium 133Mhz 64Mb Ram dont remember the vid card Win 95. THey ALL had the same problems. Is there a patch that I dont know about to fix this?

Thanks,

Admiral Screed

4 answers to this question

Guest JediIgor

Happens to me too, and I'm on Windows XP.

The game is old after all, it was meant for Windows 95. :roll:

Save your game every half an hour and you'll be fine! :)

Nah, this error has nothing to do with RebEd, although i think maybe RebEd might make it happen more often. I get it sometimes too, we've tlked about it before, and decided that the only thing we could do would be to get some genius to do an autosave patch that saves everyy five mins or something, but it never happened. C'est la vie.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away