Problem with saving a game.

tybalt

Question

Hi!

Im new to SWRebellion and have one major problem. I cannot save.

The game always give me the error: The Game Failed to Save.

Has anyone an idea how to fix this?

THX for your help :)

5 answers to this question

Have you tried reinstalling the game, or perhaps a different CD? Unless there are heavy modifications, outside of RebEd and it's affiliate programs, I can't think of any other reason you should have problems saving.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I'm affraid I've never come across such a problem with Rebellion - but you might try a few things. See how much free space you've got left on the drive the game's on - there's a slight chance there's simply not enough free space. Try changing the name of the save game to something simple and short - try Game 1. Some older games have problems with certain characters, letter combinations as well as the length of the name.

If this doesn't work, post up some things about your game. Is it modded, or just the original Rebellion? What's your computer and Operating System? Does your computer often have problems (crashing, reading or writing errors etc.)

Hopefully it's something simple.

Best of luck

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Out of left field....

You are not haveing some wierd permissions error are you?

Perhaps you have no rights to that directory to create/modify files.

To find out, open the save game directory in Windows Explorer and see if you can create a text file.

I figured this out and felt silly afterwards.

If you are using the Refreshed/Reloaded setup you need to add a new folder which the installation files forget to mention.

Afterwards in the Rebellion folder add a new folder with the name SaveGame <-- the folder with the reloaded.exe or the rebexe.exe file

Start the game and you should have the ability to save games once again.

Hope this helps if this problem shows up again.