Question from a sorta newbie

NDP236

Question

I have just got a new copy of rebellion. I played it for two years then sold it. I just got the urge to play again and saw all this stuff on the site. Can anyone tell me about new patches or if there are mods etc? I can't wait to get playing again. Wish I'da never sold the game. Thanks for all responses.

:wink:

\

10 answers to this question

We're working on a tc right now, though we're still in the relatively early stages, it's going to be good, and start in the Thrawn period.

Don't think that there are any new patches.

:)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Welcome back, there are no new patches, except the original 1.1 patch, which I never even installed :roll:

We have new 3D models for the ships and a patch that allows you to create RebEd character cards with longer names and descriptions, and of course we are working on the biggest TC for Rebellion so far :D

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

-What is a TC

-how do I use the cards

-how do I use/ install new models?

I'm a relative idiot when it comes to programming. I can fix things that go wrong on my pc but thats about it. Thanks for all the replies! :lol:

\

-What is a TC

-how do I use the cards

-how do I use/ install new models?

I'm a relative idiot when it comes to programming. I can fix things that go wrong on my pc but thats about it. Thanks for all the replies! :lol:

--A TC is a Total Conversion...new cards, etc., etc.

--Use RebEd to change cards...we're still trying to find the RebEd FAQ :oops:

--The new models are easy to change...look in the "Downloads" section for the tutorial...you'll also need Resource Hacker (which is also available in "Downloads".) :D

Welcome to the site, by the way! And happy editing!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

If you go to Google and do a search for Rebed Tutorial, there's a short tutorial in the first page, that should give you some of the basics. Basically experiment and have fun, it's a very simple program to use, but can provide hours of fun. So do get RebEd. Rebellion is a new game when you have it.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Question for you pc experts.I installed a selfmade mod w/ RebEd.Worked great no problem.I then started another mod to play.Two problems occured.

1.-with two mods in the same folder w/ RebEd the characters can get stuck in the game files.

2.-and this is the one that really bugs me.When I load a card over an existing character,the encyclopedia characters name shows up when I give the new character a command position.For example,I am using Obi Wan.I assign him as a general,his name changes to General Narra.

I have tried reinstalling the game,reloading the cards,rewriting the mod and deleting the 2nd mod.Suggestions or solutions please.

"I dont believe it"

That, is why you fail"

Get Resource Hacker (look in the download section) and install it, then load the TEXTSTRA.dll file in your Rebellion folder and go into String table go down in the buttom and look in those "folders" there you can change the name of the Rank they have (f.ex. you want somebody to be a General but with a different title like Supreme General you can change it there) in the top section you can change the names of the characters (including the name length!)

Jedi Corran Duchai at your service.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

I appreciate the answer AndyHalfelf.

My question is not that I want to change rank or command designation.It is that when I load a character card his name dissapears ONLY when I assign him a command position and the encyclopedia characters name shows up.

When I first used RebEd I had no such problem i.e. the character that I loaded their name remained when I assigned them a command position.It was only after I started a second mod.

"I dont believe it"

That, is why you fail"

I had that problem only, when I loaded a savegame. I think, if you start a new one, it will be fine.

With RESHACK you can change the names too. Possible that some names remained unchanged or overwritten. Check it out with RESHACK.