A strong standard Fleet: What Ships?

Freddie_Mercury

Question

Hello, I can't believe there is a fan website for this game!

Anyway, I wondered if I could have your opinions on how you would go about making up a fleet and what ships you would choose.

Assuming you have plenty of maintenance and refineries and mines i.e. money no object, you have all ships and constructions yards available to you. You have a planet with 14 advanced Ships yards.

Now your playing as the imperials against a Rebels (Computer), and now you have everything in place to start making a decent fleet, what ships you build to make a fleet?

- One command ship SSD, goes without saying. How many VSD II's? ISD II? Lancer Frigates? etc

Would you have two standards of fleets? What I mean by you have one fleet that is used for invading planets and another for defending sectors?

My main attack fleet for the Imperial is

2x SSD

5x ISD II

5x Vic II

5x Strike

5x Carrack

5x Lancer

1x Interdictor

69x Tie Defenders

33x Troops

I hardly ever build a DS. usually I build about 4 of these fleets with different Starfighter units 1 with defenders 1 with bombers 1 with interceptors and 1 with reg ties

For the Rebels main Fleet is

2x Bulwarks

5x Assualt

5x Liberator

2x Dauntless

5x CC 9600

3x Mon Cals

5x Gunships

5x Corvettes

2x Nebs

1x CC 7700

71x X-Wings