Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 532 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:37 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

OOC: He no longer enjoys it. Too much galaxies hehe

IC: Evan smiled as he saw the enemy retreat. He had lost a few pilots, but their sacrafices had not been in vain. He belived he could mount about two squads and a third, but he could not replace Antilliles...

"What are your orders sir?"

Suddenly, his mind snapped back into reality. He took a quick survey of the battlefield. The Yuuzhan Vong had been intimidated and stunned by the apperance of such an armada so deep in their territory. They had fought well but they could not acheive victory.

"Ok Shadow Wing continue pursuit. We need to cause maximum damage and send them reeling."

The coralskippers put up a spirited defense. Small groups turned around and fought Shadow Wing. The tactics destroyed the groups but served its main purpose of preventing the retreating fleet from suffering any more serious damage.

One by one the enemy ships jumped to hyperspace. The shipyard had been lost and the fleet routed. Despite the loses, it had been a great victory indeed. But the Punisher has not been destroyed. The hunt goes on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:23 pm 
<!--Trej//-->

Location: If there's a brilliant center to the Universe, Costa Rica is the farthest away from it.
Rjiuvan knew what he had to. He stood tall and brave in the empty hangar, waiting for the valiant Rebel pilots to land their ships. Leading them came General Hechtman.
He landed his craft jumped of from the cockpit and walked to meet with the Warmaster.
"Your sacrifices today will be honored, General." The Warmaster said loud enough for everyone close to hear. "We will honor it by pursuing our goal, to vanquish the evil responsible for the dath of your comrades."
"Thank you," Evan said.
The Warmaster then left to contemplate the future course of action.

Never before had he seen a lightsaber's blade that close.
The Supreme Overlord had brandished the intensely white blade in front of his eyes. The light hurt his eyes, and every fiber in his body ached to shield them, but his body refused to move. Trapped under the Yuuzhan Vong artifcats, Iulan felt nothing.
In the moment of his greatest pain and despair the Overlord dared to break the silence that had worn him down for hours and days.
"You will be pleased to know that the traitor has driven us away from Hoth."
Iulan managed a weak smile and looked at the Overlord.
"You cannot escape."
The Overlord send a massive fist against him, and he was embraced by darkness again.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:10 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

After all his pilots had gotten some time to rest and relax, Rjiuvan ordered Evan to a meeting. He headed for the bridge of the ship. Still on his mind was Antilliles. It would always haunt him, it seemed. He sighed and went to the bridge.

Rjiuvan waited for him there. There were also other Yuuzhan Vong commanders. It would be a truely important meeting indeed. Evan exchanged a formal greeting and then looked toward Rjiuvan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:37 am 
<!--Trej//-->

Location: If there's a brilliant center to the Universe, Costa Rica is the farthest away from it.
OOC: -8

IC: Rjiuvan Shai ignored the questioning and piercing look from the human. Instead he sat in his massive Coral chair. Raising his chin to suggest arrogance he spoke.
"We have hurt Shimraa close to his heart, we have chased the Punisher away on two occasions."
He paused to add a more dramatical air. "We are in the deepest part of his domains, we have assaulted one of his strongholds; He fears us."
With his human hand he activated the blaze bugs, that formed a glowing galactic display.
"We cannot allow our own glory to blind us. As long as Shimraa breathes our quest will be incomplete. We will attack another of his jewels, another of his worlds."
With a like muffled sound, he ordered the Blaze to reform in a new arrangement.
Evan's lips betrayed the name of the world. "Bespin?"
"Yes," Rjiuvan's eyes glittered. "The world of clouds."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:31 am 
<!-- Warlord -->

OOC: I'm going to be gone for a few days.

Evan smiled. The meeting went on for a little while longer, discussing tactics etc. He continued to join in the discussion, but there was something now on his mind. It was not Antilliles's death, rather he wondered where the Rebel fleet was raiding currently. He wondered...
Then suddenly Rjiuvan's voice jolted him out of his daydreaming.

"Are there any more questions?"

Evan once again smiled and asked, "How long until we arrive?"

OOC: Ok Trej get us started on the battle and I'll come back and join in. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:52 pm 
<!--Trej//-->

OOC: -4
OOC: Fine for me, enjoy yourself.

IC:
Bespin, or rather Bzp'n, as the Yuuzhan Vong had renamed it was no longer a pleasant world.
The lovely clouds that covered the world and gave it its heavenly atmosphere where gone. The clouds weren't gone. They had been turned into green and blue cumulus that writhed in furious storm. The condensed Tibanna gas would move among the furious wind turrets of the sick world and feed thousands of dovin basals that floated freely in there. In such stressed conditions the dovin basals would grow stronger and bigger. Thus improving the Yuuzhan Vong fleet.
"Horrible," Evan said from Rjijuvan's left.
"I was here before, I participated in its subjugation." Rjiuvan said. "I poisoned their clouds," he added a different tone of voice. Shame?
"Shall I launch my fighters?" Evan asked, after all the Warmaster had asked him to stay in the glory room instead of flying with the first wave.
"No, I don't want to destroy Bespin, I want to save it to turn it like Iulan and I reshaped Yun-" He paused, he couldn't trust Evan this much. Not yet, at least.
Evan only looked questioningly and then focused again on the image.
"What happened to the people?"
"They died. We bombed the cities, Tibannopolis, Cloud City. Some settlements we doomed to die when the storms began." Rjiuvan explained. "The shapers responsible for this, you will find them on Alderaan. Working in more advances for our cause."
"Can't they work up a cure for Bespin?"
"There is no cure for war, the scars will be there for ever." Rjiuvan snapped and touched a villip.
"Prefect Ga'Denih, this is Warmaster Rjiuvan Shai of the Jeedai Vong. You will hand over the control of Bzp'n."
"A Yuuzhan Vong will die before dealing with traitors." The figure in the villip spat.
"Go Evan, fly and make the fools bleed."

The Jeedai Vong fleet moved around Bespin adn exchanged fire with the small number of warcruisers in orbit, coralskippers from both sides move like swarms amidst them, then joined by the metallic fighters.
Another battle, another wound. Rjuvan mused for himself.

Another wound, another scream. Iulan though for himself as another snake-like creature sent a jolt of electricity through his body.
The Overlord had been grateful to him and had decided not to torture him personally, but the mysterious Vergere did the job as thorough and complete as he did personally.
"Why?" Iulan asked in a soft murmur, before another jolt made him scream.
"You are a God, Iulan. You feel no pain, you know no weakness." She answered.
"Am I a God, Vergere?" Iulan asked.
"I don't know. It isn't important, the Overlord knows you are. He fears you and hates you. That's why you suffer."
"Do you think, I am a GOd?" Iulan asked again.
"I told you, I don't have an answer for that. I think you can be as great as the mythic Gods from the Yuuzhan Vong. I think you are greater than the Overlord."
Iulan's jaw dropped a little. Then opened in a panicked last scream.
"Then why don't you help me?"
"Because I [/i]know that you are greater, grand enough that my help would be of no consequence for your destiny."
"
My destiny?" Iulan snorted. "Some people have already looked into my destiny. None of them have been accurate."
"What have they seen?" Vergere asked in a neutral tone as she fetched some off creature that moved on Iulan's naked chest.
After a few painful screams Iulan took a breath. "Luke Skywalker told me that I would be a great Jedi, he saw me flying with my friend for the Republic and triumphing. Elegaie saw me standing on a new Jedi Temple, at the right of Skywalker leading a new era for the Jedi. Igoru Samos, saw me on Coruscant serving Emperor Evaders. I, I saw myself on Coruscant in the Palace, killing Evaders."
"And none of them has become truth." Vergere finished.
"No. Perhaps none of them will."
"Close your eyes," Vergere said. "Dream, my very young Jedi."
A sudden sleepiness caught him.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:59 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

OOC: Whats with the -4 and -8? Cool new avatar with the 3000 post mark by the way. 8)

Evan took a quick glance at the opposing fleet and saw it was not quite as powerful as the fleet faced at Hoth. Shadow Wing will have no problems with this. Shadow Wing had been organized into two squadrons of 14, each squad was then organized into three flights. One flight consisted of 4 fighters and the two consisted of 5. The coralskippers began to close the distance. "Get ready Shadow Wing...."

The battle was fierce and desperate. The Yuuzhan Vong were outnumbered but they fought all the same. Evan claimed three coralskippers as Shadow Wing worked to subdue the skips. After a few moments, the skips retreated and regrouped. Their number were bosted by a second group of coralskippers. Once again they came...

This time Evan decided not to stick around. Shadow Wing had done enough damage here. He decided the enemy capitol ships needed to be ruffed up a little.

"Follow me in Shadow Wing...."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:24 pm 
<!--Trej//-->

OOC: The -4, etc, was part of the Countdown. Thanks

IC:
"The human is attacking the capital ships." An operator in the Glory Room informed, Rjiuvan Shai.
"Have our skippers intercept all fighters targeting him."
"Yes, my Lord."
The battle was short, too short. The defending vessels fought to death, which they found when the Jeedai Vong fighters, led by Evan, annihilated the defending fighters and started to pour fire on the capital ships. Prey to the dozens of small fighters and to the huge Jeedai Vong warships, the foolish commander soon found his end.
Bespin, the green sick cloudy world, watched them oblivious to the passing of its former masters.
On all villips of the Jeedai Vong fleet, the words of Rjiuvan Shai boomed.
"Fire."
Dozens of missiles of organic origin streaked towards the planet.
"Warmaster!?" Came the human's cry.
"You recall what we discussed earlier, there is no cure for the galaxy, but there is always a new seedling to be planted, live will prosper, that is the will of the Force. Come aboard. We will leave soon."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:38 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

OOC: Countdown? Intresting rank thing. :)

Evan was a little shocked by the sudden firing on the planet but he knew there was no time to ponder over it. They had won another stunning victory. The enemy was being routed deep in their own territory.

"Ok Shadow Wing, back to the Chariot...and to our next victory!"
Evan smiled as cheering came over the comm. He knew it would.

After arriving at the Chariot he went to meet with Rjiuvan, with one obvious question in his mind...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:43 pm 
<!--Trej//-->

OOC: Now I'm a Warmaster for certain!

IC:

The dimly lit coral room halted the advance of Evan as he stepped in.
"Warmaster?"
"Come," the Jeedai Vong said neutrally.
Although Evan assumed that the darkness didn't betray his curiousity, the Warmaster knew what was going on in the humans head.
"You have a question for me."
"Yes," he paused. "What's our next target?" He asked not wanting to give in to his natural curiosity.
"That is not the question that troubles you."
"What happened there?" Evan sighed.
"I told you."
"You told me it had to do with our earlier talk!"
"We spoke of the ravaging of our galaxy and how we could not undo the damage, but we can heal it, we can make it restore itself, we cannot alter it, not even our biotechnology has that extent, we must allow the planet to choose its fate."
"So what did you do?"
"Our solution destroyed the saturation of Yuuzhan Vong microbacteria, Bzpn won't return to its former state, but it will have the chance to evolve."
"And the dovin basals?"
"They no longer serve the Yuuzhan Vong, they serve Bzpn."
Evan probably did not fully comprehend Rjiuvan, nor could he possibly understand the secondary goal of Rjiuvan's crusade.
"What is our next target?"
"Another world you may have heard of: Endor, a desolate planet."
"What will we find there?"
"The first step of our final voyage."
Rjiuvan looked beningly at Evan and answered his unasked question. "Our final Voyage whose single end is to find Yuuzhan'tar, the capital of the Yuuzhan Vong and the Supreme Overlord."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:06 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

Evan was more than a little surprised, but there was nothing more to say. He bowed and left the room. He meet up with the rest of his pilots and after sharing congratulations, he began his little speech.

"Ok men we have won another stunning victory deep in enemy territory. We took two loses but only one of the pilots was killed. Our next target is Endor. I fear it will be a little more heavily defended than Bespin was, but I know we can take it. At this time I have no specific information about our next mission. So start getting prepared."

OOC: Another small post of mine to bridge the gap. I'm following you. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:44 pm 
<!--Trej//-->

Despite the urgency and the need to push the hunt for the Punisher, Rjiuvan had decided in the last minute to spend a few more days in orbit around Bespin to give their forces a well deserve rest, to openly challenge Shimraa and to allow the impassive human to observe how Bespin could slowly heal itself.
A small scout force was annihilated by Rjiuvan on the second day, and Evan had accepted two Jeedai Vong pilots in his squadrons to supply the losses.
On the fifth day, while Bespin regaines its natural vanilla color the Jeedai Vong left for Endor.
The trip was fast and without any problems, Evan and Rjiuvan played a silent match of dejarik that the Warmaster won without problem, while smart and talented Evan could not supply the role that Iulan had played for the Jeedai Vong.
A Jeedai Vong crewer entered their meditation room and informed that they were about to arrive.
Shimraa sent Evan off to his fighter and walked into the Glory Room.
Inside his officers busied themselves with the routines previous to a battle.
The left dark space and foundthemselves alone with the ashen Moon of Endor.
"My Lord, or there is nothing."
"Look harder." He commanded.
Evan's panicked voice was the next thing he heard before a huge hit send him across the Glory Room.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:25 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

Evan quickly got up and recovered. He was shocked by the sudden attack, when it had appeared there was no enemy fleet. What is going on?

"They're coming up from our rear!" a Jedi Vong shouted. It was no lie. Shimraa had amassed a large flotilla and it was attacking from their rear. Evan wasted no time. He ran to his fighter. He found all his pilots ready.

"Ok men lets move out. They're attacking from our rear."

Most of the pilots did not speak, silently nodding at Evan.

Shadow Wing quickly moved to intercept the coralskippers that were swarming around. This time the enemy had the advantage in numbers. Not for long.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:24 pm 
<!--Trej//-->

OOC: I'm not replying because I haven't had the time to come up with fresh new ideas, to start closing this rpg.... Feel free to end the battle for youself.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 3:04 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

OOC: I haven't a creative bone in my body. Perhaps in a day or two I'll post to continue the battle a little but I can't end it. Now its glaringly obvious. We must start a new RPG with new people and new ideas....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 532 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next