Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:42 am 
<!--Trej//-->

Location: If there's a brilliant center to the Universe, Costa Rica is the farthest away from it.
OOC: Threepio voice: "Oh my, I was not fast enough!"

IC: I'll post later.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:07 am 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

OOC: i was wondering who you would use as the thrid party in this. But just remember, a deal is a deal. And The Deal, cannot be altered.

IC: Eklesh sat in his chair, and wondered what the other delegates would make of his new guest. The reporan delegates did not look happy to see him at all, and the imperials looked like they were about to either run in fear, or pull out weapons to start fighting. Neither of which were proper manners during a dinner feast. After a few moments of thinking, he decided it was time to interject. He stood from his chair, and turned to a door which led into the dining room. He moved to his seat, and sat down.

"Well then, Now that everyone is here, let me just say that this is the best feast i have seen in quite some time. But since our Aklasp delegate has arrived, I do believe it is time to get onto business. And that is whos sie my people will be fighting on." he said, and everyone around the table nodded. he reached ino the food that had been set out for himself, and began to nibble on some of it. He turned to Councilor Valar, and nodded.

"I am sure that you are all aware of why my people are of such great importance to this war. We are a direct threat to the Aklasp, due to our similar nature of being silicon based. Now, the GFFA, or more correctly, the Imperials, want us to help fight the Aklasp. The Repora want us to help fight the GFFA, and help them keep an advantage in ground battles. And the Aklasp would rather not see us on the battlefeild whatsoever, it would seem." he said, and all the delegates nodded in agreement. Eklesh knew that today would be one of the only days they would all agree on anything. For now, at least.

"Your excellency, our forces have already shown that the GFFA is no match for us. We have handed them several defeats, most of them costing them vital worlds. Their forces have proven themselves to be no match for our firepower, and they have proven that they are in no condition to continue such a brutal war." Valar stated, and Eklesh smiled.

"While this may be true, you were handed a defeat at Kuat, even though your forces were vastly superior to the ones you faced. And since then, the GFFA forces have proven that they are more than capable of adapting to your technology. I think that soon, you may find that you will be facing GFFA technology that is capable of going toe to toe with your own." Eklesh said, and Valar stared at him for a moment, then seemed to hiss out a sigh.

"What you said is very true, Excellency. We are working around the clock to come up with technology to take on the Repora, and our forces are learning quickly how to counter their forces with what we have now. Im certain that soon, we will be able to take on their fleets and troops with equally powerfull weapons, taking away the one edge the repora have had over us so far." Arien said, and Eklesh smiled.

"So what you are saying, is that your technology is inferior to theirs then? Alright, then I will not eccept any offers of technology from the empire in exchange for our services in the war. Unless you can prove That I am mistaken?" he said, and Arien simply stared back at him, a dumbfounded look on her face. Eklesh knew that Arien could not do that, so she had placed herself in a rather bad bargaining position. Valar smiled, also knowing this. Ekslesh saw him smile, and then turned to him.

"As for your people, Councilor, I will not accept promises of military might for our support. While you were able to readily defeat your enemies early on, it is proving to much more difficult then it was before. And you have no way of proving that you will be able to continue defeating them with ease, if at all." he said, and Valar seemed to sink into his chair, if it were possible.

"But, Chancellor Chorak has offered something that intrigues me. While Valar referred to is as 'trivial technology', I find that it may be of some use to my people. Especially here on our own home planet. And, if my intelligence serves me right, the Aklasp have proven themselves to be quite capable of defeating GFFA forces, considering how they handled themselves at the beginning of the battle for Ord Mantell." he said, and Chorak bowed his head slightly.

"Thank you for your kind words, your excellency." Chorak states simply, and Eklesh smiled.

"Think nothing of it. I am quite happy to hand out praise when it is due." he said, and he sighed, having eatin his fill of the food at the table. He looked about for a moment, and then smiled.

"Well, that was a wonderfull meal. But i am going to need some time to digest it, and look over you offers again, and see what you are offering my people in exchange for our loyalty in the war. And I think some of you may want to reconsider your diplomatic strategies." he said, and he stood up from his chair. Noddign to all of them, he turned from the table, and walked out of the room. Chorak looked to Valar, then Arien, and then walked out of the room.

Arien watched them both leave, and then turned to Valar, a curios look on her face.

"Councilor, may I ask you something? Diplomat to diplomat?" she asked, and after a few moments, Valar nodded cautiously.

"Have you ever had the feeling that every diplomatic fiber in your being was no match for the unpredictable logic of a trader?" she asked, and Valar could only nod.

"Yes, I have. But only once. And I fully intent on not letting president Eklesh do it again." he said, and Valar then rose from his chair, and stalked out of the room. Arein watched him go, and then turned to her aides.

"Well, I think we have our work cut out for us. Eklesh has just taken the most basic rules of diplomacy, and thrown them out the window. We need to re-think our strategy." she said, and they all nodded. Then they to got up, and walked from the room. After all the partied had left, servants appeared to clan up what was left of the various food pruducts. As they worked, they began to idly chat with one another.

"I have 15 credits that say President Eklesh owns the Reporan homeworld by the time this is over." one of them said, and another servant macthed his bet. Not to be outdone, another servant tossed 30 credits onto the table and smiled.

"I say he owns the Reporan homeworld, and an Imperial fleet." he said, and after a while, the servants were discussing the odds of the Vathkree winning the war through the Deal before they had even entered it.

OOC: I am not going to make this very easy on anyone. You guys had better start thinking hard, because the first person to run out of ideas, loses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:27 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

Councilor Valar paced in his room, his claw fingering his lip, "A piece of 'trivial' technology..." Frowning he turned to Calra, "Have you gotten access to the data library onboard the Ammending Cycle?"

"Yes, what exactly am I looking for?"

Valar smiled as he stopped and glanced at the stone furniture, "What technologies do the Vaathkree lack." He stopped thinking back through their entire stay as a thought struck him, "Stone..." Frowning again he wandered over to the table top and rapped at it, "Of course!" Valar turned, "Run a search for high energy chemistry, compare our list with known alloys used by the Aklasp."

"I don't see where this is going..." Calra answered as she tapped at the keyboard.

"Think Calra, the Vaathkree use asteroids as space craft, stone tableware, and have you seen how weathered the keypads of their devices look after just a few moments use." Valar dropped down in front of Calra, "The Aklasp have none of these problems."

Suddenly Calra stopped as the implications sank in, "You're saying they lack the basic technology to build metallic equipment that can withstand their use."

"Exactly, the Aklasp have developed a way to maintain the integritty of their vessels and equipment despite the intense heat they give off, which is significantly more then our hosts... And because they are on our ships as often as they are..."

Calra smiled as her communications equipment pinged and began to download, "They shared it with us."

Valar grinned at her as the droids in the suite stood somberly starring out into space, "And I know just how to sweeten the deal."

Signature:
Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:15 pm 
<!--Trej//-->

Location: If there's a brilliant center to the Universe, Costa Rica is the farthest away from it.
Straight-faced at'Veg joined Arien for their night walk through the Palace corridors. The first two walks had helped at'Veg spot some places that were not under strong surveillance, opposed to their private quarters.

"Your outburst in the dining table was not a healthy thing for our negotiations," at'Veg mentioned. Looking at river of lava flowing in the distance.

"It was not, I admit that the arrival of the," she waited looking for the right name for the species, "Aklasp surprised me."

"It was unexpected, but I do not think it was regrettable," the Arakanian commented.

"Nor do I," Arien agreed. "It was very revealing. The Aklasp are not the underdogs of the Rapora, they have their won autnomy, their own diplomatic interests. a more humane interest in their species."

"Arien?"

"They are not here for the view, thye are here because they know the Vaathkree are arguiably the only species that can present a real threat to them. They have a political agenda of their own, and as of know their priority is to secure their own survival outisde the battlefield. They do not seem to be interested in the war for the same reasons as the Rapora."

There was another phrase that Arien dared not even murmur, but at'Veg knew it was there. The hope that the Aklasp could be swayed from the Rapora's side.

"Their presence also took the Rapora by surprise. They definitely did not welcome their intromission," at'Veg finished.

They kept another few minutes in silence.

"Have you reconsidered your approach to the Vaathkree?"

"Not wholly. The Deal, for all its sacredness is not different from a Bargainer's code. Eklesh wants all three parties to offer the bbest they have, but he will also laugh iin the face of a party that makes him an useless offer."

"What do we have to offer?"

"Let us go to the Balcony," Arien ordered, the Balcony was a more exposed location. More Vaathkree dignitaries would waste their idle time watching their planet from a beautiful stone terrace. Only a minister o lower members from the planetary government were present at the time Arien and her nonhuman stormtrooper entered.

"Their technology is very advanced, moreso than they are letting us know," Arien said lightly.

At'Veg gave her a questioning look. We have seen of this world only what we were needed to. We saw some of their asteroid ships in orbit, and a regiment of their soldiers when we landed. We are here in their palace, but we have not seen their people. The population of the planet, which is carefully hidden underground.

"Eklesh wants us to especulate what he needs. From an old treaty between the Galactic Republic and the Vaathkree homeworld, I know that was included in their first exchange program, and what the Republic offered for a full membership. Then Vaathkree withdrew just before the Clone Wars, in the high wave of Separatism. Either way, the Vaathkree had access to all of the Galactic Republic's technology long before the Empire was born. "

"They were allied with the confederates?"

"To some extent," Arien said. "Deatils on that, as everything related to the Clone Wars are sketchy. Whatever the Confederacy paid, it was most likely obsolete when the New Republic and the Vaathkree signed their membership."

"What could the New Republic offer?"

"Military protection, commercial exchange, and most of the usual stuff."

"Nothing extraordinary."

"One thing," Arien said. "I almost overlooked it. A Jedi was involved in the bargaining process, there must have been some additional bargaining with that one."

"Who was the Jedi?"

"One of Skywalker's best. 'Suncrusher' Durron." Arien said," I believe whatever he did here, was the reason behind their Force-dampening field."

"There is one in place?" at'Veg asked and Arien serious look confirmed him. "Back to the mission, what will you offer the Vaathkree?"

"We have already made it obvious that we cannot match technologic offer, and military ones are not likely. But I do what we could still offer them. Information."

"Information on what?"

"That," Arien looked as grim as the landscape behind her, "is the question, is it not?"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:48 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

OOC: Thanks for the idea Trej. I'll see who I can dig up for this next one.

Luke Skywalker felt the weight that had been with him since blasting off Zonoma Sekot begin to ease, maybe it was Mara's company, or maybe it was Ben's presence. Or maybe it was the horrifying things he was learning, the Rapora had a new weapon in their arsenal, one that may be able to defeat the New Republic single handedly, one which the New Republic knew absolutely nothing about. Except that they were silicate creatures and therefore the military and basic technology of warfare was all but useless against them.

So here he was, being sent to make a deal with the one other form of silicate life known to the New Republic with a request of help. In front of him on the main computer screen was the report filed by Kyp Durron on his mission to the Vaathkree, and Luke knew that his mission just had gotten harder starring at the words, "Why am I still cleaning up after him over ten years later?"

"Because you didn't slap him down way back when," Mara answered from her seat as she glanced back at Ben, "Strap in, we're twenty seconds out."

Luke looked up at the blue tunnel of hyperspace and pulled his belt tight around his chest and leaned back as Artoo twittered from his mount between the seats. Then with a flash the tunnel turned into starlines then individual stars around a dark world sheathed in the brilliant light of a red giant star, "By the force."

Even Mara sat in wonder at the sight of Vaathkree serenely orbiting the star, "Wow, its allot like Sullust or Ryloth."

Luke nodded, it was a lot like those worlds, but worse it was fruther to its star then Ryloth was but it was constantly rotating, and just as volcanic as Sullust, without the deep caverns and tunnels that helped those that lived their survive. Vaathkree was a demon world.

Ben leaned back in his seat and tapped his screen, "Mom, multiple contacts, I've got several Imperial ships, one Kar Lur cruiser, and several unknown contacts."

Mara leaned over her displays, "Twelve of the unknowns are a match to known Vaathkree designs, the other one..." Luke frowned as the image came up, at first it looked like an anatomical display of kracken until Luke read the marked points on the ship. Mara tightened her fist, "It's one of the Raporan allies, those 'firewalker' things."

Suddenly the comm screen crackled, "Jade Scimitar you have entered Vaathkree space, please state your mission, passengers, and any cargo."

Luke leaned forward and frowned, "This is Luke Skywalker of the New Republic transport Jade Scimitar on a diplomatic mission to the ruler of Vaathkree. My passengers include my wife, son, and droid. We have no cargo which we wish to declare."

"Very well, are we to assume your purpose is to form an alliance against the Rapora as well?"

"You may."

"Then I welcome you to the deal as another bargainer for the friendship of our people," The comm answered before closing.

Luke glanced over at Mara, "So how'd I sound?"

Signature:
Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:09 pm 
<!--Trej//-->

OOC: Let's see what we can do to keep this one alive. :roll:

IC:

"I do not understand why you keep repeating that," Threepio snapped back at Artoo. "What is so bad about a volcanic planet? They are energy-efficient, and the Vaakthree are not bad people either, and Master Luke already knew of the," he lowered the volume of his voice "Rapora and the Aklasp were here."

Artoo's answer came back in a staccato as he moved ahead in the curved corridor.

"What do you mean by past tragedies on volcanic planets? The heat is probably frying your circuits, you walking trashcontainer."

The little astromech stopped in the middle of the corridor as he recognized a human ahead. His dome swiveled back to Threepio and reported a happy chirp and rolled ahead.

"You know her?"

The human lady dressed in he standard Imperial uniform smiled as she recognized the little astromech droid. "Hello small one," she said. "I guess the Skywalkers finally found out about Vaathkree."

The droid beeped an affirmative and Threepio caught up with her.

"Well hello, I am C-3P0, human - cyborg relations and this, who you already know is Artoo-Det-"

"Arien Yage," she said interrupting him. "Can you take me to Luke and Mara?"

"They have just landed and probably are in their personal quarters. I guessed that at this late hour everyone was sleeping, and thus they weren't introduced to the other diplomatic parties."

Arien nodded mutely. It was indeed rather late, the sun had set about six hours ago and most of the activity in the Palace was greatly reduced. In the past few days Arien had grown accustomed to these nightwalks, during which she would consider the day's events, and discuss them with at'Veg.

As the Arkanian moved closer to the woman, Threepio's photoreceptors focused on him. "Oh, an Arkanian," the droid noted to himself. "What a wonderful opportunity for my protocol skills."

"Ateles'nev gutaraks," Threepio said in fluent perfectly toned Arkanian. The stormtroopers smiled at the droid and answered the protocolary response.

Arien noted, a slight change in her officer. And she knew what the Arkanian was thinking. In the shadow of his revelations about the remarkable similarities between the Old Arkanian and Rapora language, having a protocol droid would help him advance that front of research.

"Well it is very late, even for us," Arien said. "Though I would advise you too to return to the Skywalker's quarters or to your ship."

"That was what I was telling the droid, madame," Threepio sounded tired. "But he insisted in having a look around. Come Artoo I hope this meeting satisifed your curiosity."

"Threepio," Arien said extending her hand to stop Threepio. "Tell Master Skywalker to meet me at the northern balcony of the Diplomat's Wing when the sun rises."

"Well of course, good night." The droid answered and left with his short companion.

"Meeting the Jedi?" at'Veg asked.

"The Skywalker's late night arrival definitely prevented us from a proper diplomatic introductions and our hosts definitely wanted their presence here not to be noticed until tomorrow. I want to meet him before any diplomatic meeting begins, and fill him in the situation and learn why or how the knew of this place and of Durron's involvement."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:04 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

OOC: Begining CPR...

IC:
Luke felt deaf and blind in the simple quarters that his family had been given. He frowned at the almost sickly look on Ben's face as he clambered into bed, "Mara, do you know if Karrde ever shipped some yslamiri to the Vaathkree?"

"No, if he did it would have been after I left the organization," Mara answered as the door to the chamber opened.

The whir of Artoo's wheels was followed by C-3PO's prissy voice, "Master Skywalker, we met the Imperial emessary, she wants to speak to you at dawn."

"Great," Mara hissed as she glanced at the chrono, "Thats just four hours from now."

"She seemed to think it was urgent," Threepio answered.

Luke sighed, "Well we cannot disappoint her then."

Councilor Valar walked along the hallways overlooking the Vaathkree homeworld, "Very much like the Aklasp home isn't it Calra?"

"Yes, its been a long time since I saw that world, it was hotter then this one though," Calra sighed, "The Vaathkree may be Silicate creatures but they lack most of the advantages that the Aklasp have in their Anatomy, so why would they make such powerful allies for our foes."

"You are thinking from the perspective of us Calra, if you are a Silicate lifeform you would have developed technologies to effectively kill other forms of silicate life forms early in your development, it is these technologies that make them dangerous, not perhaps to us as much as to our friends the Aklasp."

Signature:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:31 am 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

OOC: YAY!! I can post today!

IC: Eklesh sat in his quarters, and carefully read the reports that were laid out in front of him. With the arrival of the skywalkers, almost every major government involved in the war had a representative here. He was beginning to wonder what was taking the Chiss and UDA so long in sending people. But he heoped thay wouldnt. So many parties would make the deal much more difficult than it already was. To many parties getting involved would only cause more problems.

Asd Eklesh sat there, his intercomm chimes at him twice, announcing the arrival of his security captain. He sighed, and wondered what was going wrong now. They were already having problems with the force dampening feild, its energy consumption was enourmous. But he refused to lower it, considering the damage that fool Durron had caused a decade ago. He trusted the skywalkers notto be proplematic, itwas the Repora he was worried about. He knew just enough about them to know they were about as trust worthy as his people were.

"Come in." he said, and he nodded as his captain of security entered the room. He still found it strangeto have a human running his security, but he was the best money could by.

"President, I will keep this quick. Here are the latest recordings from all of the conversations that the delegates have had. But those can wait. This is far more important." he said, and he slippeda small datapad to Eklesh. Eklesh took the pad,and read the breif report. The look on his face went from one of boredom to one of concern.

"Are you certain this is correct? Not some fluke? you know that sensor has caused us problems in the past." He asked cautiously, but his security advisor shook his head.

"No, I ran several diagnostics myself. The readings are correct. It entered the range of our sensors several hours ago, and has held steady at those coordinates since." he said, and the president slowly nodded.

"So they want us to know they are there then. Any idea as to who they are?" he asked, but the captian simply shook his head.

"Unfortunetly, no. The gravitronic sensors can give us general massof the vessel, but since it is cloaked, we cant really tell who it is. But I can say one thing for certain, it is not from any of the governments that already have people here. Doingsomethinglike this would violate the deal." he said, and Eklesh nodded.

"Very true. Which leaves what, the UDA or the chiss?" he asked, and the captain nodded.

"Basically. But since the chiss are scattered along with their military, I doubt they would waste such a valuable vessel on something like spying on a diplomatic mission. So more than likely it is the UDA." he said, and Eklesh nodded. But Eklesh noted the slight glimmer in the mans eye, and frowned.

"You know something that you arent telling me, Dont you?" he asked, and the captain stared at him for a moment, then sighed.

"Yes, but unfortunetly I cannot tell you what that is." he said, and Eklesh sneered.

"You will if you value your job, along with your life." Eklesh barked, but the captian stood his ground.

"With all due repect sir, if I do tell you, I would be safer in the hands of the Repora than I would be enywhere else. And even thenI would not be safe." he said, and Eklesh stared at him for a moment. But he then decided that some secrets were best kept as secrets.

"Alright, I will trust you for now. But know this. The moment I decide that that vessel may compromise me in the deal, either you will tell me what you know, or I will execute you myself, and my fleet will blast it to pieces. Understood?" he asked, and the captain nodded.

"Yes sir. But trust me when I say they will stay out of it unless they themselves are threatened. If it is who I think it may be, that is." he said, and he turned to walkout of the room. Eklesh watched him walk for a few moments, and then sighed. He was beginning to wonder if maybe he should have just kept his people out of this whole mess to begin with. But it was to latefor that. For now, he just had to make the best out of this whole situation that he could.

He picked up the other reports, and beganlooking through them, carefully reading over what all the delegates had been discussing, looking for ways to take as much ashe could from all of them, andgiveback as little as possible. Butmore and more, itwas looking that no matter what, his people in the long run would be receiving the short end of the stick. And that did not make him happy.

OOC: Dont worry about the cloaked ship for now, its simply an observer,and will leave everyone alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:23 am 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

OOC: I see two possibilities for the cloaked ship...Vagaari or Mandalorian, the UDA wouldn't be stupid enough to send in a vessel that way. Plus if Thrawn wanted the Vaathkree, he'd get the Vaathkree.

Councilor Valar smiled as he set the device down on the counter, "You know what this is Calra?"

Calra smiled, her curved teeth glinting in the volcanic light, "Yes, who should be the recipient then?"

Councilor Valar glanced at the repeater display, "The Arkanian."

"Then I'll get to it," Calra answered as she slipped the device beneath her cloak and stepped to the door, "Wish me luck."

"Always," Valar answered as the door slid shut behind her.

Calra slipped past the Vaathkree guards and smiled to herself, even without the force slipping past them had been easy, almost too easy. Still the aim was to do this unseen. As she came around a bend she froze, hearing the rhythmic step of boots on the stone flooring. Someone was coming. In almost a panic Calra jumped straight upwards and spun. She gripped the grated panel over the glowlights, and hung there as her claws sunk into the soft metal. She flattened herself against the ceiling as Arien Yage walked past without glancing up. Calra slowly turned to watch her as the soft sound of movement betrayed someone else approaching.

Calra held her breath as Luke and Mara stepped out of a sidecorridor directly beneath her. Luke peered out across the volcanic plain, "So what do you think Mara?"

"A bit hotter then even Ryloth, but you get a better view." Mara shrugged, "Lets go meet Arien and find out what all this is about."

As the two humans walked past Calra shook her head, the Skywalkers? Here? What next? With a sigh she dropped back down onto the floor and slunk to the door for the Imperial's quarters. With a smile she slipped inside and dropped the device on the floor. As she closed the door behind her the device stood and wandered over to the nearest dataport and plugged itself in before cloaking into nothingness.

Signature:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:43 pm 
<!--Trej//-->

Arien and at'Veg returned to their quarters immediately after their run-in into the Skywalkers. Their presence here came to slightly balance the bargaining situation, or take it into a whole new level of complications even so. Arien felt better knowing that she had an ally in this hellish world.

They had four hours before dawn and she intended to use them in the most efficient way, she had had at'Veg come up with all possible meanings of the phrase 'trivial technology'. They had come up with dozens of interpretations for the phrase going from the very literal -which resulted in at'Veg constructing a complete pre-hyperspace tech tree to be analyzed- to the most sarcastic in which trivial technology had the completely opposite meaning which resulted in analyzing the highest and most secret technologies developed by the Empire -from Death Stars and anything made in the Maw Facility to other handful of projects developed by Emperor, Moffs, or Warlords-.

Arien looked forward to the meeting if only to compare notes with Skywalker, and ask him what it was that Durron did here, what he bargained with. The Imperial knew in the back of her mind that whatever that trivial bit of technology was it was directly related to Durron's doings.

"One hour for dawn," at'Veg said as he looked into his chrono. "You should get ready."

Arien nodded and wnt to get changed. She took a quick shower and replaced the olive green standard uniform for one more fitting for a Moff's funeral. As dark as Vader's soul and as black as a Defel's shadow the black uniform had advantages over the usual uniform. Especially because it was an uniform tailored for her by Imperial Intelligence.

"I never got what was so special about that suit," at'Veg commented in between a yawn.

"I guess they wanted some kind of compromise between the cut of the usual uniform and the more formal Dress Uniform," Arien added and shrugged. "Plus it makes more of an impression."

Both comments had been for no other purpose than to distract and confuse all that where listening to the exchange.

"I think I should go," Arien said and left the room. Off to meet the Skywalkers.

The Arkanian then sat back on the table with his handful of datapads continuing his analysis of the phrase 'trivial technology'. In another datapad the small compilation of the Rapora vocabulary, including a phrase Valar had uttered during the dinner when the Aklasp appeared. Sidieie'nej.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:12 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

Luke Skywalker smiled as the golden globe of the world's sun slowly rose above the horizon. Beside him Mara yawned as she leaned against the stone arch which supported the structure. Threepio glanced around the cooridors, his optical receptors glinting in the sun as Artoo sat quietly in the corner.

Arien slipped into the space seemingly unoticed in the Imperial Intelligence uniform. Still nothing could fool the two Jedi.

"Hello Arien," Mara said quietly as she turned away from the sunrise, "Travel lag is such a load of bantha spit..."

Luke nodded, "You can say that again."

Signature:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:22 pm 
<!--Trej//-->

"Not that you will get much rest in these parts," Arien Yage smiled.

"Diplomatic missions, aren't they wonderful?" Mara quipped, and Luke led the new arrival away from the dark corridors.

"I imagine you have already detected some of our hosts security measures," Arien commented as she reclined on the stone arch.

Mara nodded carefully, that was Arien's confirmation that the Force was being blocked. "Makes the travel lag the more unbearable."

"I'm not really too worried about them, it'd certainly is meant to keep us safe." Luke commented. If the Force had been blocked the Rapora would have to deal with that, too.

"Have you made any progress with your diplomatic mission?" Mara asked.

"Not too much," Arien bit her lip. "The Vaathkree are hermetical to some extent. They do no have any explicit demand, but rather have pitted us to try to outbid the opposite party. So far no party has made an official offer, most of us are trying to outguess the other and provide the Rapora what they want."

"Any success?"

"Limited as ever, during dinner Etosh mentioned that 'a bit of trivial technology' could do much for their species. Considering the past affiliations to the Galactic REpublic and the New Republic, they should have had access to most technology we consider basic and trivial."

"Anything of military nature?" Mara asked.

Arien considered carefully. "Perhaps, but my investigation has taken another course."

"Durron." Luke said.

"You know what he did when he was here?" Arien asked.

Luke gritted his teeth and shook his head lightly. "No, any information on that mission would have either been recorded in the old Council Library on Coruscant, or in the Praxeum Archives on Yavin, and both of them were destroyed during the war."

"And asking the Jedi directly?"

"I wanted to do it in the morning but I have just received a special bulletin from Alliance Command." Luke grimly said. "Ord Mantell has fallen, among the casualties Kyp Durron was listed."

Arien closed her eyes and swallowed hard. Another world, so many other soldiers, officers and allies dead. "I am sorry. Does the report mention any Imperial casualties."

Mara looked at her. "On the Imperial side, Vana Dorja was reportes a missing in action, most of the command crews were safely evacuated, including Grand Admiral Oreton. The most important casualty has been the loss of Grand Admiral Thrawn, in a failed attempt to break the blockade."

Silence ruled over the next few moments. So much had changed drastically. Her whole perspective on the was now skewed. The Empire had lost much, but the galaxy had lost something greater than they could comprehend. The cunning of Oreton, the wisdom of the Jedi, they could not make up for the genius of Thrawn.

"Shocking news," she said calmly. The seasoned neutral tone of a diplomat spoke through her.

Luke and Mara nodded. Being so far from anywhere had a considerable effect, the full weight of the loss could not be felt.

"This has not altered my mission," Arien continued. "And a solution must be found. So there are no leads to Durron's role in past Vaathkree negotiations?"

Luke considered. "There might be one lead, I will have to look into that possibility."

Arien cocked an eyebrow. "May I learn what it is?"

"Jedi stuff," Mara answered after a quick glance to her husband. "Was tehre anything else?"

"Yes, one of my assistants has taken a sudden interest in Rapora linguistics, we were wondering if you would lend us your protocol droid for some hours to continue some research."

Mara frowned. Rapora Linguistics? That was probably the lamest excuse ever to loan a protocol droid. How many spy devices are you going to put in Goldenrod's head? Even if the Force was not with them, she could not believe Arien to do something of the sort. She did not trust her fully, and certainly she had not liked Luke's solution. But would she waste her effort to spy on her allies?

"Rapora linguistics?" Luke asked, having the same doubts as her wife.

"It sounds odd, but he claims some of their words sound bizarrely familiar."

"He is an Arkanian, yes?" Luke asked and Arien nodded.

"Interesting. I will send Threepio to you in the morning. I think there's not much more to say, and soon you will be visible even with that suit."

Arien said nothing else and vanished. Slightly annoyed by the Skywalker's secrecy, but they probably were feeling the same. She took a long walk around the Palace instead of the most direct route, for the first time she wanted some time to put her own thoughts together, especially after the shocking news the Jedi had shared with her.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:59 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

Calra slipped into the quarters they'd aquired, her legs trembling slightly, a subtle outward sign of the nervousness that plagued her. She glanced over at Councilor Valar, her heart beating all the faster. The last thing they needed were a pair of Jedi working against them.

Valar's eyes studied her for a moment, "What did you see Calra?"

"The Skywalkers are here."

"Indeed?" Valar smiled, his teeth gleaming in the light. Then he stood and stepped to the door, "Come now Calra."

"Councilor..." Calra began to say.

"The Skywalkers are a dangerous foe, that is true. They are also an honorable foe," Valar grinned at her, "Come on."

Mara paced the room as Ben plugged R2 into the corner recharger. She glanced over to Luke and shook her head, "I don't like it."

"I don't much like it either Mara, but the Imperials are our allies. We should at least help each other in unraveling the mytstery of the Rapora." Luke glanced at Ben, "Come on, its time for bed."

"Dad!" Ben replied instantly, "Its only..."

"Late," Mara cut him off, "We're not going to be running on Ossus time here. Go to bed."

"Alright," Ben said in a huff. He shuffled off to the room that had been given to him.

Luke sighed as the door shut behind his son, "How many bugs?"

"Too many," Mara replied quietly as her eyes swept the room. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Luke's eyes flicked across the room. He had a bad feeling about what was going on.

Mara opened the door and immediately froze with shock. She was starring face to face with a pair of rapora. Her jaw worked without uttering a sound for a moment before the Rapora spoke, "Masters Skywalker. I'm surprised that the council would be able to dispatch two such promiment jedi considering the state of the war."

"We came of our own volition," Luke said quietly.

"As do we all," The Rapora replied quietly, "I came here to speak of matters of peace, not war." He smiled as Mara and Luke exchanged glances, "You know as I do that the Rapora lack of the population to subjugate your Alliance, but at the same time we possess the power to wipe out your people."

"What exactly are you saying," Mara asked quietly. Then she straightened visibly, "Are you threatening to kill us all in order to keep your meager gains?"

"They only seem meager to you," Valar smiled as he turned away from them, "I'll be sure to the tell the timeless one that his old apprentice is as sharp as ever." He glanced at the second Rapora, "Come Calra."

The Rapora smiled again, "You always were a sharp one Jade."

Signature:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:54 pm 
<!-- Supreme Moff //-->

OOC: This is no longer an active RPG, so it is being taken off Announcement status. If you believe this should be placed back as an Announcement, or it becomes active once more, please contact me or any one of the others of the Moderator team.

Profile E-mail