More structured RPG

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane

I would like to start a more structured RPG. By that, I mean an RPG in which people wait a bit for others to post (for me, the post rate in most RPG's is way too high, causing me too lose overview of what's happening)... So, participants should sort of post in turn...

Your views?

I like the idea, but i've kinda gotta agree with Mad...

I find that i'm more often waiting for someone else to post after me, than having trouble keeping up.

But, as i said, i like the idea, and let me know when it happens.

"I thank you, my friend, for it is in your death that the Scorekeeper finds my true worth."

-T'char, to the recently deceased Admiral Torin Khel

Perhaps people should only post once a day per RPG? That way it gives the other people an entire day to catch up.

I find the time region problem extends to other areas of the forum as well, where you'd like to post - but by the time you read the thread or get time to post others have continued on and you get left behind.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Guest Scathane
Perhaps, people could post even less than once a day and take the time and trouble to write a long post that really adds to the storyline?

• 1 month later...

This idea isn't too bad Scath. If you wanted to, you could have a mod move the story line along, deciding what actions counted and what not.. but it seems TOO structured for this site and is used mainly for online gaming sites like swsimulation.com and swcombine.com.

If you want help though, let me know, I'll do what I can.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Guest Scathane
Nice to see you back, wormie. Anyway, I wouldn't want it to become too structured but I would like people to give eachother a chance to participate.

Nice to see you back, wormie. Anyway, I wouldn't want it to become too structured but I would like people to give eachother a chance to participate.

Thanks Scath, it's nice to be back :)

Your best bet for an RP wpuld be to have it so that you only post once per day, or once evry two days at most.. this would give everyone a chance to RP and still keep th story line moving at an even pace.

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Guest Scathane
I was thinking along the same lines... However, it seems not enough people are interested in this notion, considering the reactions to this thread...

Why not an alternate to the Battle of Hoth.. we all know the basics of that battle, but this time it *might* end differently

Guest Scathane
Eh, the only setting that would convince me to join is some sort of space battle... :?
Well, I feel there are more than enough space battles out there already... Edited by Scathane

Thats what I had in mind when I suggested the battle of Hoth.. though that was just an example.. I am more than game for a ground Battle.

• 1 year later...

Why not a ground battle that turns into a space battle, too? You know, a fairly weak planet faced with an Imperial fleet sitting in orbit. The planet is valuable to the Empire so they don't bombard it, instead send down their troops. Three key ground locales- a war-torn city, a countryside battlefield, and a sort of refuge/headquarters for the defenders. The main goal is to send out a distress signal; once that's accomplished, there's a battle in orbit when the Rebels come to save the day. A little something for everyone, though it seems a little cliche. :?

Or maybe, just a twist, the Rebels are assaulting a world that's really loyal to the Imperials? 8O