Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:40 am 
<!-- Warlord -->

Karn eyed the new figure that walked across the cantina floor to the bar. After years of experience in the galaxy, Karn knew better than to let his gaurd down in a cantina.
Still watching the figure at the bar, Karn changed the topic of conversation.
"Speaking of the New Republic - what do you think their policy should be about re-taking planets that are controlled by the Empire still? Srue the Empire is cruel in general, thoguh not too all. And do we, as the New Republic, have the right to liberate them? Even if they don't want it just in order to get rid of the Empire?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:13 pm 
<!-- General -->

Hamilton took a drink of his Ale just as he heard someone start talking about galactic politics, asking if the Republic should start taking over Imperial controlled worlds even though they do not want to be liberated.

Shaking his head, Hamilton tried to ignore the stupidiy of the question. If he Republic started acting like that, they would be no better than the Empire itself.

Finishing off his Ale, Hamilton ordered another and continued to gaze around the room, keeping his eye on the 'Officer of the New Republic' in case he tried to start something with any Imperial sympathizers

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:55 pm 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

Tython was a little surprised by the sudden change of topic but after thinking for only a moment said "I think that if the Empire leader is one of the worst types and is forcing the local population to do things they dont want to do and they kill people on a whim then they should be gotten rid of.... Though attacking the planet with a fleet would not be the best way that it could be done. Personally I would recommend the use of a small group of commandoes going in and try to take out the empirical soldiers without killing anyone though everyone knows that that is almost imposible to achieve.". As Tython finished he noticed someone standing nearby and he turned and said "Hi, I'm Tython what can I do for you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:51 am 
<!-- Sergeant //-->

Location: Hobart (on that funny little island under Australia...)
OOC - I'm back... :D Oh, hi wormie....

IC - T'char looked up from the bar, momentarily disorientated. It seemed as if he'd been out of it for quite a while, but oddly the conversation seemed to have hardly progressed at all...

"I think that any change to the system, for better or worse, is alwas going to have some bad repercussions. The best the New Republic can really do is to try to regain control of the planets in such a way as to minimise those repercussions. How they would do that, I have no idea..."

-T'char, to the recently deceased Admiral Torin Khel

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:26 pm 
<!-- General -->

"Hi, I'm Tython what can I do for you."

Turing to the person who had addressed him, Hamilton looked him over for a few seconds, trying to remember if he had ever met the man before. Realizing that he hadn't, he replied. "Me? There's nothing you can do for me, but I couldn't help but over hearing your conversation about The New Republic 'liberating' worlds under Imperial control. And if you ask me, you should let the public decide who they want to be allied to. You aren't a pathetic little band anymore. People HAVE heard of the New republic, and if they wanted to join, they would petition to do so. Using covert means or even espionage to sway them into joining your 'Republic' makes you just as bad as the Empire was, less violent mind you, but just as bad."

Hamilton took a drink of his Ale, waiting to see what the trio would say to that.

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:28 pm 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

Tython considered what the new commer had said and replied " You are perfectly right. The people should choose their own government. But how are they going to do that if they are represed or controled by a dictator or tyrant. They will never be able to get a message out to call for help. In that case I think it would be wise for the New Republic to send in some spys, just to find out what the people think and if there is enough support then they can think about trying to "liberate that world". But if the imperials are doing a good job then why stop a good thing?" Tython replied as he looked over at Tchar as he was slowly getting over his drink. Obviously Trandoshions could not hold their drink very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:17 am 
<!-- Warlord -->

Karn eyed the new comer and greeted him with a nod. A jolt of suspicion flooded Karn's mind, that or it was sea of alcohol that he'd ingested over the past few hours.
Shacking his head, Karn got his mind back on track; thanking the force that he was a Corellian and could hold enough liquer to knock out a Wookie.
"That's what I was thinking. If the Empire is doing the right thing, why should they be booted away? Though, the Empire being the Empire might be subduing anyone trying to complain.
"Yet, if the New Republic assumes this and attacks the world to liberate it, it makes them as bad as the Empire."
Karn took another long sip of his whiskey before putting the glass back down.
"Though, the other side of the argument is that the New Republic and Empire are at war. So what happens when the New Republic, for example, attacks an Imperial controlled world and takes it over. Now if the people of the planet still strongly favour the Empire, does the New Republic still have the right to hold and control the planet?"
Karn's questions were beginning to sound as if they were from a stranger rather than his own mouth. Perhaps he'd had enough to drink, for this hour . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:35 am 
<!-- Sergeant //-->

Location: Hobart (on that funny little island under Australia...)
"I think probably the best thing that could be done at the moment would be to simply leave thing the way they are. If the people on planets under Empire rule have any objections, no doubt word would get around quickly. Then maybe the New Republic should intervene. Probably the best course of action is to create embassies on Empire-controlled worlds and allow disgruntled citizens to make their case there."

-T'char, to the recently deceased Admiral Torin Khel

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:30 pm 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

Tython turned to t'char and said "Do you really think the empire would allow the new republic to set up embassies on their worlds? I don't know much about politics but I would imagine that the empire would hate having something like that on their world. Thats why I recommended spies so that the new republic can find out about how the people feel without having to go through the empire." At that Tython looked around questioningly as he took a small sip from his beer.

Post subject: Cantina
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:35 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

Ulic Horn walked quietly in, his blaster hung low on his side holster. He walked up to the bar and grabbed a bottle of Corellian wiskey and a mug, and walked over to a group of patrons. "How's everyone doing?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:30 am 
<!-- Warlord -->

Three figures approached Karn and the others at the table. As the figures grew nearer, he noticed they all had the same face! Of Ulic Horn. Maybe just one more glass of Corellian Whiskey, and then I'll give it a rest . . . maybe
"Ulic, welcome back - long time no see!"

OOC: Welcome back Ulic, long time no see :wink:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:04 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

Ulic took a quick swig and sat down. "This party sure is quiet. Who died?" This most likely wasn't the first place Ulic had been drinking tonight. "How's everybody doing?" he asked taking another swig.

OCC: Good to be back, Krytos, btw I'm starting another thread Clone Wars era, thought you might be interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:31 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

"Doing? Pretty good. We were just talking about . . . umm, actually I can't remember." Karn said over the top of his glass with a confussed face.

OOC: Hmm, sounds good. I can be a ground pounding grunt following orders into the fray :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:34 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

"Alright, someone else start a conversation then, or I'm just gonna end up drinking all night!" He said taking a gulp from the bottle. "Is it just me or is it quiet in here tonight! What happened to the band!" he shouted.

OCC: Cool join the thread then, I need a jedi and more squadmates and the like. Hope to see someone of you guys there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:09 pm 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

Tython suddenly noticed that he was staring into his empty cup and he probably had been for some time. He glanced at Karn who seemed to be in conversation with a person that tython could not remember if he had seen before.

When Karn mentioned that the mans name was UlicHorn Tython looked at him and said "So what line of business you in Mr Ulic".

OOC: By the way Ulic can I join that new thread as well? what ever you want me to be it dousent matter as long as im not a girl.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next