Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:43 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

OOC: No fair, unfortunately Raporan technology has a little quirk that you're about to discover.

IC:
The Timeless One's head snapped to the communications officer as the report came in, "We are being engaged by Raporan Fighters launched by a Star Destroyer."

The Timeless One stood his hands clenched at his side, "They must have discovered one of the abandoned facilities." He smiled, "The fools just reinforced us." He closed his eyes and reached otu through the force.

Captain Johnathan Wessel hissed between his teeth as he manuevered the Rapora fighter past two of its brothers. He rolled back onto his target and switched to plasma bombs, then he felt his stick stiffen in his hands, "What the?"

"Lead, I've lost control, my craft is changing course!"

"This is six, me to!"

"We've all lost control!"

Johnathan felt his fists tighten around the controls as he tried to break the lockout, "Reborn This is Echo Lead, we've been locked out of flight control, the fighters are acting independently."

The flight controller stood on the bridge of the Reborn and glanced to Garik Ioor, "Sir, all our fighters just were locked out of their flight controls!"

Garik spun, his jaw ajar, "What?"

"All Raporan fighters are no longer responding to their pilots!" the flight controller pronounced.

Garik felt his fist tighten on the command board, "How is that possible?"

Johnathan Wessel felt his blood begin to rush toward his head as the inertial compensator shut down. He saw through the transparisteel viewport his fighter break toward a Ravager class star destroyer. Suddenly his weapons board lit up and Johnathan gave one desperate plea, "By the force no!"

"Sir, the Ravager Class Star Destroyer Invaliable Will is reporting multiple target warning locks from our fighters."

Garik Ioor stared at his hands for a moment, their experiment had failed and would now make him sacrifice many a experienced pilot, "Tell the Will that she is free..."

He spoke to late, outside the viewports the Ravager class Destroyer detonated from the volley of plasma bombs.

The Timeless One smiled, the GFFA had no idea what he knew of Raporan technology, how every nanite to cruiser was imprinted upon his will through the organic components of its construction, it could not be turned, nor could it be used by the enemy. It was, and always would be, his.

Signature:
Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:09 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

OOC:Time to check in on teh smugglers!

IC: Burt sat in the simulator, his hands flying frantically over the controls. he had been training for what seemed like weeks now, with close to a dozen other pilots that Karrde had brought in. In the scren in front of him, a raging battle ensued. Burt had no idea what world they were over, just that there were Imperial ships, GFFA ships, chiss ships, and Reporan vessels all entagled in a roiling battle, with a massive replicator hanging in the backround.

Suddenly, the viewscreen in front of him began to twirl as the simulated fighter took a broaside hit form a Reporan fighter. A few seconds later, the screen went blank. He had been destroyed. Burt sighed, and opened up the canopy to the simulator. He stretched his arms, and looked around to see that he was one of the last pilots to die in this run. By the looks of it, only one other pilot was still going. Burt stood up, and hopped out of the simulator. He walked over to one of the other pilots, and smiled.

"Man, these sim runs are getting any easier. You would think that after all this time, we would be improving somewhat. But every run we seem to get wiped before we can accomplish anything." he said, and the other pilot nodded.

"Yah, but these Repora are some tough nuts to crack. My fighter took one hit from their weapons this run, and I was gone. I didnt even get one shot off. Yourself?" he asked, taking a bite off of a small nutrient bar in his hand. Burt shook his head, and chuckled.

"Not much better. I think I may have gotten one with a torp, and a winged a few others, but other than that, I was just target practice. I never knew that sims could be this hard." he said, and the other pilot nodded in agreement.

"Yah, these sims seem to be able to second guess every move we try to make. Its almost like they are more alive then us." the pilot said, and they heard a sharp laugh from behind them both. They both turned to see an elderly man standing there, a smile on his face. Standing next to him was Karrde, an evil smile on his face.

"That because you aren't flying against computers. You are flying against some of the best pilots in the galaxy." he said, and Karrde nodded.

"Hobbie, you guys were the greatest in the galaxy when the empire was still a threat. I think Gavin and his Rogues have surpassed the lot of you old timers." Karrde said, and Hobbie looked back at him, a frown on his face.

"Karrde, Im willing to bet that we could still teach all of Gavins pilots a thing or two, if the nevy didnt think we were to old to fly in combat. Which is why we are all here." he said, and Karrde nodded.

"Becuase you think Im going to let you fly my starfighters? No, i think you are all here because one, I offered you all a lot of money to be here, and two, becuase you dont want to see green pilots get wiped by these repora." Karrde said, and Hobbie nodded.

"Yes, and the fact that we will steal your starfighters to fly some combat if needed. And you wont stop us." he said, and Karrde chuckled as he nodded.

"Yes, I will let you and your people fly. I even got some nice brand new T-65 XJs for all of you. But for now, pilot reviews. How is this batch doing?" Karrde asked, and Hobbie smiled.

"This group wont take on a super star destroyer and win any time soon, but they are getting better. They work well together, and they trust each other. The makings of a good squadron." he said, and Karrde nodded.

"Um, sir, how can you say that we are getting better? We get wiped every run, and we barely manage to get any kills before we die. I think Ive only managed to kill two fighters so far in all of these runs." Burt said, and Hobbie nodded.

"There is a reason for that. We have slowly been increasing the spped and manuverability of the reporan starfighters, along with thier firepower, to make them more and more difficult for you. In the next run, we will reset them to their original perameters, and see how well you all fare." Hobbie said, and Burt groaned. He should have realized what was going on, but he had been so tired as of lae that he hadnt realized it.

"So your telling me, that you have set these sims up so that we would get wiped out? Whats the point in that? We cant learn if we never last longer thana few minutes." Burt said, and Hobbie shook his head.

"Actually, You guys have been doing better and better each run. You are scoring kills against starfighters that are now set up to be practically indestructable. With vetern pilots flying them all to boot. If you ask me, thats proof that you will be quite an addition to the smugglers alliance." Hobbie said, and Burt slowly nodded. He then turned, and walked back to his simulator.

"Well then, reset the reporan fighters, then lets see who the real elites are." Burt said, and Karrde nodded. He and hobbie watched as Burt and his fellow pilots all hopped back into the sims, and prepared for yet another simulator run.

"Hobbie, reset the Reporan fighters. let see what these kids are really made of." Karrde said, and Hobbie nodded. Karrde watched as Hobbie walked back through the door they had entered, and thought for a moment on how well this project was going. If all went according to plan, he would have three full squadrons ready within a few more weeks. And if it went well, they would be more than ready to deal with the Reporan starfighters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:32 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

It was the same old scenario. His squadron of X-wings against an equal amount of Raporan fighters. Burt was confident as the two squadrons neared each other. Then his squadron broke apart and picked their targets. It was one on one.
Burt picked out a suitable and pursued it. It began evasive manuvers, but he second guessed them. The Raporan fire was hit numerous times. It began spinning out of control before exploding with a brilliant flash. Looking around, he noticed his pilots were doing pretty well. They were going to win this time.
Burt saw one of pilots in trouble and fired upon the Raporan fighter. The Raporan fighter broke off pursuit and surprised Burt with his manuvers. He was sure he was doomed but one of the other X-wings came out of nowhere and blasted the Raporan fighter to bits. Another Raporan fighter came up behind Burt's savior and Burt himself returned the favor. Another Raporan fighter was destroyed.
Then it was over. His squadron had won. He felt rather smug as he hopped out of the simulator...
Everyone was silent on the bridge of the Reborn. Bivensteen looked too ashamed to speak. Evahe broke the silence.
"There's no time to weep now. We still have a large task force left and an exposed target. Let's get a move on."
The force of Raporan starfighters had been destroyed by the swarm of GFFA fighters that had been launched from the task force. The Gorathian interception frigates had also been a help. The Raporan force was engaged with Garik's main force with almost no ships left to counter the threat to their rear. They were being overwhelmed on both sides. Evahe knew victory was within his grasp....
Darth Fury's task force had moved to engage the Hapans. However, the Imperial force was currently unengaged and likely to attack Fury. Avarice was busy with the UDA force, Tuvax was seemingly losing to the GFFA task forces and the Timeless One was moving towards the planet.
"Continue to move towards the Hapans. If the Imperials decide to engage us, we'll move all our force towards them. They can't possibly hold out for long without their superheavy..."
But where was the superheavy going to strike?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:37 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

OOC: I'm back, for the moment, busy still though.

IC:
Thrawn nodded slowly at the display, "Alright, tell admiral Oreton to pull back to opposite side of Ord Mantell. Commodore Eressa pull your force back to protect Oreton. Tenel Ka, I request that you attempt to disengage and pull back to the edge of the system. Admiral Ioor, cover her withdrawal." Thrawn turned in his chair to face the last to holos, "Athien, Hirotek, your way is clear, good luck."

Luke sighed as he leaned against the side of the Jade Scimitar. He sighed as Mara walked out of the ship her hands gripping a datapad tightly. Slowly, she handed it to Luke, "GFFA and Raporan forces have engaged at Ord Mantell. We just got this from the holonet."

Luke glanced down at the datapad just long enough to read the opening lines, "Well, lets go talk to Han, he's going to love this."

"What am I going to love," Han's half muffled voice asked from the top hatch of the Millenium Falcon as he flipped up the shield on his welding helmet.

Mara muttered under her breath before shouting over to him, "Come down here so we can tell you Nerfherder!"

Luke glanced over to his wife, "A little tense are we?" Mara glanced over at him trying to deliver a glare which failed. He smiled slightly, "Don't worry about it."

Han dropped down from the Falcon with a clatter and strode over to the two of them, "So what is this about?"

"We just got this on the Holonet, it seems there really desperate at Ord Mantell." Luke handed Han the datapad.

It took him two minutes to read it when he was finished he glanced at the two of them, "Son of the sith!"

"Someday they'll build a statue," Mara suggested wryly.

Han sighed, "I was out for good, you know I never was a real, 'general' a real 'officer."

Luke sighed, he'd expected this, "You know if Ord Mantell falls the Hydian way could be cut, and from there..."

"They have a clear avenue in all directions." Han said quietly glancing back at the datapad. He shook his head, "And Cal Omas himself put his name on the request."

"The GFFA is really hurting when it comes to experienced ground combat personnel," Mara said flatly as she folded her arms over her chest, "You're one of the few people with that sort of experience."

Han shook his head, "I'm getting too old for this sort of thing."

"Who's going to lead the ground forces on Ord Mantell? Me, I'm a Jedi not a strategist. Jacen, he's working with GFFA Intelligence. Jaina, she's a fighter jock. Lando, he's not been reachable and is farther from the front. Han you're the only one who could pull this off," Luke said harshly.

"I know... I'll do it."

The Timeless One slowly walked along the bridge of his command ship as he watched the Sovereign run toward the dark side of the planet. Smiling he turned to his commanders, "Launch all landing craft, let the ground battle begin."

Signature:
Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:16 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

"Athien, we have clearence. Get us out of here!" Hirotek barked, and Athien pushed forward on the throttle. Their modified shuttle shot forward out of the hanger bay, and rocketed up into the sky. Hirotek glanced at his scanners, and noticed a group of ships entering the atmosphere not far from their exit vector.

"Athien, what are those ships? The dont register as freindlies." he asked, and Athien looked to the scanners, and cursed.

"Thats because they aren't. Those are Reporan landing craft!" she said, and Hirotek jerked the controls of the shuttle, sending them away from teh now-oncoming craft. He chose a new course to space, and hoped that he wouldnt fly into any more surprises. Fortunetly, their shuttle was exceptionally fast, and they were abkle to outrun a pair of Reporan fighters that were trailing them.

"We have mroe landing craft, bearing six-zero-zero-nine." Athien called out, and Hirotek bounced the shuttle into yet another exit course. he glanced at the sensors, and was astounded by what he saw. It looked like the Repora had decided to launch a full scale invasion, even with the combined forces alliad against their fleets still in orbit. It was a move that took a lot of guts.

"Athien, Begin plotting us a course through hyperspace. As soon as we are out of the gravity well, i want to be gone from here." he said, and Athien nodded.

"Do you think they will be alright?" she asked, and Hirotek shrugged.

"I dont know. But with Thrawn in command, the odds are about even." he said, and he looked over to the navicomp.

"No, not Dresnak. Our first stop will be Kuat." he said, and Athien looked over to him, confused.

"Kuat? Why Kuat? We need to get back to Dresnak as soon as possible." Athien said, and Hirtek nodded.

"I know, but there is someone at Kuat that I need to speak to. No tto mention I might be able to get us a few ships." he said, and Athien nodded. She knew that all combat-capable ships had been moved here already, and that Kuat was only left with a defensicve force. What ships he planned on getting form Kuat she couldnt fathom. But she knew better than to question him.

"Alright, course plotted. All that we need to do know, is get out of the gravity well of the planet." she said, and Hirotek nodded. he glanced at the sensors, and noted the large amoutn of enemy forces arrayed in front of them. That was going to be very very tricky, to say the least.

Burt hopped out of the simulator, and saw that a lot of his squadronmates were already standing around, talking about their latest run. he also saw karrde standing there, smiling.

"Well, you guys did much better this time. You still suffered 50 percent casualties, but you did manage a victory. Which is a re-markable imporvement." he said, and Burt smiled as his squadronmates cheered. He watched as Hobbie walked back into the room, and whicpered something into karrdes' ear. Karrde nodded, and looked back to the squadron.

"Alright you slackers, back in the sims. Hobbie isnt happy enough with your preformance, so neither am I. So we have a lot fo work to do." he said, and Burt sighed. He was hoping that he and his squadronamtes would get some well deserved rest for their victory. But obviously, that was not to be.

Seryk walked along the halls, and wondered how he was going to say goodbye. He knew it wouldnt be easy, butt had to be done. He eventually came to karns' small room. He had been surprised to find out that she had been given a room, instead of a holding cell. But when the door whisked open, he saw that it wasnt much better. The only furniture she had was a simple bad with no padding, and what looked like a rock-hard pillow. He saw Karyn standing next to the rooms sole window, staring out at the city.

"You are leaving." she said without looking at him, and Seryk stood there a moment before answering.

"Yes. Fett and I are going to ake some Mandalorian warriors to begin helping with the war. I dont knw when we will be back." he said, and Karyn nodded.

"You dont know if you will be back, do you?" she asked, and Seryk sighed. That thought had crossed his mind, but he had been trying no tto htink about it.

"No, I dont. More than likely, we will be put to use almost immediatly. And if thats the case, it is likely that we wont be back for a long time, if ever." he said, and karyn nodded again.

"Well, good luck to you and your men then." she said, and she turned around. Seryk was astounded to see a sly smile on her face. it was the smile of a hunter.

"I think we will need more than luck. You of all people should know that." he said, and Karyn nodded.

"Yes, you will. You will need the force to win. And frankly, I dont know if it is on our side at the moment. Killing Darth Malice was a step in teh right direction, but he was one of the most foolhardy of the sith lords. There are others who will make him look like a novice." karyn said, and Seryk nodded.

"Yes, I know. But we will have to cross those hurdles when they arrive." he said, and Karyn nodded. She turned back to the window, and sighed.

"Seryk, dont expect the Mandalorians to turn the war in our favor. They will be a great asset, but they wont win the war for us." she said, and Seryk nodded.

"I know, but allies are allies, and we need all the help we can get." he said. Karyn nodded, and stood there silently. Seryk watched her for a moment, and then turned to walk out of the room. it was obvious that the conversation was over. He walked out of the room, and turned to see Fett walking towards him.

"Seryk, we have to leave, now. Ord Mantell is under attack." he said, and Seryk nodded.

"Alright, but we dont have that many ships. I dont see hwo we will be that much help there." he said, and Fett shook his head.

"In space, we wont be. But the Repora have launched invasion forces. We wuill be acting as ground troops." Fett saif, and he then turned and walked away. Seryk stood there for a moment, and then sighed. It looked like he was going to be facing the Repora much sooner than he had anticipated. He moved quickly to catch up with Fett, and together, they headed towards the hanger bay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:54 pm 
<!--Trej//-->

Location: If there's a brilliant center to the Universe, Costa Rica is the farthest away from it.
Oreton moved from one console to the other, navigating through the crew pits attending questions and giving out new orders. Imperious had been badly hit, one of the pieces of the Genesis had impacted on the hull of the Sovereign destroyer as it had fired on the second replicator. The impact had destroyed several decks and some few hangars. Fortunately it had been the only chunk that had made it through. The gunners had cleared dangerous debris, tractorbeams and the phasing cloak had done the rest, albeit they drained Imperious's energy.

It had taken him this long to maneuver outside of the debris field that had been once a moon. The cargo bays had begun to recollect the few escape pods that had blasted away from the Eclipse.

Most of the damage dealt to Imperious had been to its officers morale. They had blindly expect that with Thrawn behind everything they could not be halted, nor foiled. Even Baros Oreton had shown a moment of panic as he realized that Thrawn had been outsmarted. Quickly recovering he had given lots of orders to keep his crewers focused.

Oroton frowned as the sensor officer called him.

"Yes, Lieutenant?"

"The Raporan fleet has launched numerous vehicles from their hangars."

"More fighters?"

"Impossible to determine, we are still resenting the power outage for the sensors."

"No, it'd be stupid to launch more starfighters, they are definitely the landing craft."

Onolovav called him from the communications console. "A transmission from the planet, its barely audible, but I think we are ordered to move to the opposite side of the planet. Commodore Veran and her force are moving to protect."

"Comply, captain. Recall our starfighters. The space battle is over, and it was over for us sooner than we ever dreamt of. Launch probes and some Shadow Scouts, I will want to know every single fleet movement the Rapora do."

There was truly nothing else to do. Nothing but wait, wait and study.

"Han?" Luke started again. The tone was unmistakable, the kid was asking for a favor. It probably wasn't to babysit Ben, not with Han going to Ord Mantell.

"What is it?" Han asked and rolled his eyes.

"We've got an 'ally' for you." Mara said.

Babysitting. Han thought. And grimly looked at Luke, at Mara and back at Luke.

"Who?"

"Master Skywalker is referring to me, Captain Solo." A grave voice from behind Solo said. For a moment Han believed the creature to be a Noghri, because of the sound of his voice, as he turned Han simply rose an eyebrow.

"I did not know you guys were allowed to leave your Oh-so-wonderful-homeworld."

"Few can," Luke interceded. After years of peace, Luke feared that Han had never forgiven the Yuuzhan Vong for the death of Anakin and Chewie. Han the diplomat's husband had, but not Han the smuggler, not the father. "Ulan here, is one of my Jedi students."

"A Jedi. What do you know?" The smuggler murmured for himself. "Guess I have no choice, and those two meters of yours might come in handy. Go and get into the Falcon."

Ulan noted the tension and chose not to intervene, but to go into the ship.

"Han, if you don't want him, I can take him with me. He did want to speak to his elders on Sekot, but thought it over and decided to go to Ord Mantell."

"It's fine, Luke." The tone, of course suggested it was not. Han had never been one to spend much time around old enemies, after peace with the Empire he had been reluctant to go into Imperial space, and after peace with the Vong he had never spent a single second alone with one of them.

Luke knew that Han was not comfortable with the Jedi he had to work with, but Luke knew Han well enough that he would turn down the offer of having a good warrior on his side.

"So it's good. Your wife's gonna kill me, when she learns that I put you back on the active officer roster," Luke laughed.

"And your sister's gonna kill me, for letting you do it."

"I might kill you both." Leia said from the same door behind Han, where Ulan had appeared earlier. "I'm going with you, Han."

"Listen sweetheart. I wouldn't want it any other way, but."

"But?" Leia asked, eyeing Han closely.

"But we would like you to come with us," Mara said.

"Where?" The Princess's focus shifted from Han to her brother and wife.

"To Sekot first, and then to Ossus and Denon."

Leia subdued, as she began to think what Luke wanted of her. Han came and took her in his arms and gave her a kiss. "For luck", he said.

"I think I'll get going, Cal seemed pretty urgent in his note, and my passenger will probably be bored of sitting there alone. Luke, if you run into Corran, Lowie or Kyp, send them along to Ord. I'm having some ideas as to how use Jedi on this."

"It seems Cal was right, Han is really a General." Mara said as he held Luke's arm.

"Shut up," Han laughed and turned towards the ship.

Leia looked wondered at the mention of the passenger and looked at her brother questioningly, who replied a short answer. "Ulan." Leia opened her mouth to say something but just smiled as she cried at her husband. "Flyboy, be careful with the pile of junk."

"That pile of junk has been our home for the past ten years," Han snapped back as he walked up the ramp.

Ulan sat in the main compartment glancing at the figures of the Dejarik board. "You gonna stay there? All Jedi I know can't wait to get into the cockpit."

"Yes, Captain Solo."

Han stared at him. "Just Han, no titles and run the pre-flight checklist. What was your name again?" Han noted that the Jedi sat confortably in the oversized chair, that had belonged to Chewbacca.

"Ulan Domain Shai," the Jedi answered. "Everything is set Han."

"Good," he said as he looked out of the cockpit at the three human figures that moved towards the Jade Scimitar on the end of the hangar. "Strap yourself, Ulan."

Already in the hyperspace the human turned to his copilot with an mock-stern look. "So, after all this years, I'll get an answer. What the hell do Yuuzhan Vong eat?"

Ulan laughed and it was quickly joined by Han's.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:43 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

OOC: Finals are over...Free at last!!!

IC: Thrawn slowly stroked his chin as he watched the tactical display, "Ready all ground forces, enemy troops are being deployed." Smiling he glanced at the communications officer, "Order all the fleet to fall back to the opposite side of Ord Mantell and place Task Force Scimitar on alert."

"Yes sir," The Vagaari technician answered as he tapped the console and opened the channels.

Thrawn glanced back at the display as Garik Ioor's Task Force was on the verge of being surrounded by his Raporan foes, "Order Garik Ioor to pull back, now!" Garik's pride was creating problems, Thrawn thought sourly, fighting a pitched battle against an enemy as good as the Rapora was difficult even without such personalities coming into the mix.

The Hapans began pulling back in good order delivering a wall of glowing red laser fire as they wheeled on their axis and engaged their drives. Thrawn felt himself smile, Tenel Ka was proving to be a compitent commander. As Oreton's ship headed away from the debris field he joined up with the Hapans.

The battle was going almost as Thrawn had predicted it, but the destruction of one of the Superheavies was a bitter blow, and the second ship had taken a beating. Soon it would no longer be a primarily space campaign but a ground one.

Leia sighed as the Millenium Falcon disappeared from the sensor board, "So what exactly am I going to do?"

"We need someone to rally the GFFA and Jedi and..." Luke sighed slowly, "We also need someone to liason with whats left of the Chiss Ascendancy and Empire of the Hand."

Anakin slowly woke in his cockpit and smiled, beyond was the enormous black world of Maldur, a world devoid of life to all appearances. Anakin knew better, Maldur was a world with a secret. A secret that would change the galaxy forever.

Signature:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:32 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

As Tuvax's fleet attempted to surround Garik, they stretched thin. The Vagaari ships sent after Evahe's small force was merely a distraction. The ISDs managed to annihilate the ships with stunning ease. Garik was in true danger, but he knew what he was doing. He had to distract Tuvax's fleet long enough so that Evahe could join him.
As it was, Tuvax's fleet wasn't in the best of conditions. It had lost a Vareme and been pounded in general. They could surround Garik, but finishing the job...
"Alright, you know what to do. This shouldn't be too hard, just cut right through their lines." Evahe was a bit nervous. On a small ISD such as the [i]Reborn[/i} he was in danger, even if there was no immediate threat.
Then a few of Garik's ships surged foward. Caught between two groups of ships, a Kar Lur and a pair or Salvas met their doom. The Rapora had already begun moving their ships back into a solid mass, in order to prevent further casulties. It was just what Garik wanted. The GFFA forces united and followed Thrawn's orders. They began to retreat.

OOC: Feh. We await your command.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:36 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

OOC: Im just going to assume that in the chaos, Hirotek and Athen managed to jump to hyperspace. I dont feel like keepuing that at Ord Mantell any longer. But first, our freindly neighborhood mandalorians...

IC: Seryk kept pace with Fett as best he could, but the elder mandalorian was moving quickly. They practically ran into the hanger bay, and Seryk smiled at what he saw. In front on him sat two full squadrons of Gladiator-class starfighters, the tech crews just now pulling the fueling lines off of the hulls. He and Fett slowed to a steady march, and moved up to the nearest squadron.

"Are these starfighters the main choice in your forces? Or are these just the preferred fighters?" Seryk asked, and Fett smiled.

"They are the primary starfighters of our forces, and the preferred. it just so happens that we designed them. How do you think we manage to keep up with the rest of the galaxy tech-wise?" fett said with a sly grin, and Seryk nodded in appreciation. He doubted that anyone in the galaxy even suspected the mandalorians had a hand in modern starfighter design. But in all reality, it made sence.

"Well then, I take it thi is what we will be flying to mantell then?" he asked, and Fett nodded. He then motioned to the three large, heavily armed transports sitting not far behind the fighter squadrons. Seryk looked to them, and could see people loading supplies into them at a rapid pace. Some of the supplies looked like peices of armor.

"And those will be what we are escorting. Each transport will be carrying a hundred warriors for the ground battle, and all the equipment they will require. Needless to say, the lives of those warriors will be far more important than ours. Fett said, and Seryk nodded. He didnt like to have his life reduced like that, but he could understand it. Ground troops were going to be needed badly at Ord mantell. And since he had already fought sReproan ground troops, he was fairly certain that the GFFA ground forces were going to be overwhelemed without some serious help.

"When do we leave?" Seryk asked, and Fett walked over to one of the starfighters. Fett climbed into the cockpit, and donned the helmet that was in the pilots seat. Seryk watched him for a moment, and then understood. They were leaving now. Seryk looked around, and saw a fighter with his name engraved on teh side of it. He walked over to it, and climbed inside. He put non the helmet that sat on top of the seat, and began to familiarize himself with the controls of the starfighter. After a moment, he found the comm system, and activated it. He immediatly heard the other pilots in the squadrons talking about their pre-flights. He listedn carefully, and followed their lead.

Soon, he sat back in his cockpit, and lowered the canopy, ready to take off. He wondered how long it would take to arrive at Ord Mantell. he knew that if it took to long, they could just as well turn right around and go back home. But if they arrived to soon, the defenders of Ord Mantell might become over-confident, and that would lose them the battle. They had to arrive at just the right time to be most effective.

"Seryk, get ready for launch." Fett suddenly said over the intercomm, and Seryk snapped to attention. he grasped the controls of the fighter, and when the order was given, he brought his ship off th alanding bay floor, and followed Fett into the launch tubes. As he did so, only a single thought ran through the back of his mind. Wether or not he was ready to face the Repora again.

Hirotek sat back in his chair, and watched the lines of hyperspace swirl around the shuttle. They had amanaged to scrape past an attempt at a Reporan blackade, and were now on their way back to Dresnak, by way of Kuat. He just hoped that Kuat would have what he was looking for. If they didnt, he would have to scrap one of the plans he had come up with for his fight to bring the Vagaari to their side.

"Tell me Ilos, why exactly are we going to Kuat? All the ships that are battle ready are at Ord Mantell right now, except for the Kuati defences. And the ships that are being repaired there are of no use to us." Athien said suddenly, and Hirotek smiled. He knew she would be wondering why he wanted to go there.

"What I am hoping to find there, isnt a battel ready vessel. Its a heavily damaged ship, and a certain fleet commander." Hirotek said with a smile, and Athien frowned. She didnt like being left in the dark about his plans, especially ones that involved a high-priority, questionable mission that had been set before them. She preferred to know all the angles before continuing on.

"Well, what ship, and what ommander then. If we are going ot try and drive a wedge in between teh Vagaari, and the Repora, then I would like to know all of your plans, Ilos." she said, a minor hint of annoyance in her voice. Ilos thought aboput it for a moment, and then sighed. If he had learned ont hing so far, it was that Athien was very stubborn when she set her mind on something. He reached into his pocket, and drew out a msall datapad. He turned it on, and handed it over to Athien. Athien took the datapad, and began to look at its contents. After a few moments, she looked back at Ilos, a stupified look on her face.

"You have got to be kidding. This is a joke, right?" she asked, and Hirotek simply shook his head. Athien looked back to the datapad, and then shook her head.

"Ilos, I understand that you like to think outside of the box. But this is taking it to far. Even for you." she said, and she handed the datapad back to Hirotek. hirotek simply shrugged, and placed the datapad back into his pocket.

"Possibly. But, this plan requires the ship, and the person to both be at Kuat. If they arent, than it will just be a quick pitstop on he way back to Dresnak." Hirotek said, and Athien nodded. She leaned back in her chair, and thought about his new plan for a moment. it was crazy, bound to fail, not to mention ill-conceived. And the more she thought about it, the more she though it could work.

"We will have to clear this plan with my father." she said, and Hirotek smiled.

"I am aware of that. But, I am sure that he will like it. trickery was one of his tactics of choice during the civil war." Hirtoek stated, and Athien nodded. He was correct on that point. She sighed, adn shook her head.

"I am still against the plan. Just so you know." she said bluntly, and Hirotek chuckled.

"Noted. But think of it this way, if this works, it will have been the largest hoax ever in a time of war." Hirotek said, and Athien smiled. He was correct on that assumtion. She just hoped that it wouldnt be one large waste of time and effort in the long run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:49 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

OOC: Chaos is a very accurate description. :lol:

IC: Then with a flash of motion a pair of small dark blue vessels appeared on the flank of Garik Evahe's fleet. The two fast moving ships darted forward their weapons powering up giving points on the hull a shimmering blue white glow. Then they opened fire with a brilliant blue laser which shot through space and sliced into the shields of one of the Star Destroyers ripping through its hull then the ship flashed past the star destroyer rolling and firing a volley of blue white torpedoes from its flanks. The torpedoes flashed into two of the interception frigates and detonated ripping the ships appart.

Onboard the Reborn Garik winced as a blue white torpedo flashed through the shields and impacted the ridgeline as the second craft flashed past. Alarms began to wail on the bridge as red turbolaser blasts flashed toward the swift ship. Most of the shots went wide but a few scored hit reflecting or being absorbed by the ship's shimmering green shields. Garik whiped a hand over his brow and felt it come away bloody, "Report!"

"Forward and dorsal shields are down, we've got a hullbreach on multiple decks," The ship engineer hissed.

A shimmering hologram of Grand Admiral Thrawn appeared, "I ordered you to fall back, retreat before those ships finish you off!"

Signature:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:23 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

OOC: And from the ashes of time the Rapora Wars returns!!! Oh and Happy New Years!

IC:

Thrawn felt his jaw drop in disbelief as the two warships that had engaged the forces under Garik's command shot through what remained of the hapan formation. Six enormous Hapan Dragons were vaporized from volleys of brilliant shots. One of the hapan ships was sliced in half from an enormous blast from the front of one of the ships. The beam had lanced across over a hundred kilometers instantly and cut through the ship like a mining laser through rock.

One of the communications officers spun toward Thrawn, "Sir, signal from a ship at the edge of the system. It claims to be the Millenium Falcon, and they want to know how to get tot eh surface."

Thrawn glanced back at the chaotic tactical display, "Great, Inform Tenel Ka to fall back and attempt to keep open approach three, tell Captain Solo to take that route."

"Yes sir."

Tenel Ka nodded as the communications officer relayed the order, "Tell the Grand Admiral I understand but inform him that I'll require reinforcements to accomplish the objective."

"Yes sire," The officer replied.

Tenel gritted her teeth, a gesture that only few would notice and was the only outward sign of the anger she was feeling at the casualties she'd suffered. Sighing subtly she turned to her tactical display, "Double wall formation on either side of the vector, we've got to keep that vector clear for as long as possible."

The tactical officer turned to her, "Sire, the two unknown alien ship's have broken off their attack and are moving to intercept the Millenium Falcon."

Tenel felt her frustration and concern soar to new heights as the two ship's dashed toward the Falcon. Then suddenly along a vector only subtly different from the Falcon's a task force of ships dropped out of hyperspace. Two full squadrons from the UDA.

Tenel felt the slightest of smiles creep onto her face as the two unknown vessels broke off their attack. Then as the Falcon passed through the formation she watched as the GFFA and Imperial fleets moved to withdraw. The shimmering hologram of Grand Admiral Thrawn returned, "Tenel Ka, you're clear to withdraw as soon as the Millenium Falcon is under the planetary shields, we'll protect her from there on out. The UDA forces will cover your escape."

"Thank you Admiral."

Han felt knuckles turn white as he looked out the viewport at the parting shots of the conflict. He could easily see countless hulks and the remnants of the moon that peppered the battlefield. He could see the Rapora fleet maneuvering to engage the UDA force as the Falcon slipped into the upper atmosphere.

"I have not seen such destruction since..." Ulan said his voice fading away as he recalled how he'd come to be in this Galaxy.

The silence that was Han's answer spoke more then any words.

The Jade Scimitar dropped out of hyperspace over the world of Zonoma Sekot, or what was left of it. The entire central region of the world was no longer green and lush but burned and scarred, the rest looked battered. Mara, Luke, Ben, and Leia starred in shock. Mara was the first to speak, her voice painfully quiet, "I've got a squadron of Raporan fighters exiting the system."

Leia glanced at Mara, "What about the Skips?"

Mara shook her head, "I've got six burnt out hulks nothing more."

Luke felt a burning rage begin to well up within him, "How could they do this!"

Signature:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:34 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

OOC: Oops, this was supposed to be posted last night. My bad.

IC: Ilos sat in the cockpit of the shuttlecraft, his eyes glancing over the report he had written for Thrawn about the minor alterations to his plan to turn the Vagaari agains the Repora. His plan was quite possibly a foolish one, and wasn't liekly to work out well in the long run, but it had some hope to it. And right now, thats all they had in this war was hope. Hope, and the force. But considering that the Repora had the force one thier side also, hope was all he could bank on right now.

Athien walked into the cockpit, and leaned over Hilos' shoulder. She looked at the datapad, and smiled at what she saw. She kissed him gently on the cheek, and sat down in the seat next to his.

"Finally getting around to writing my father about your change of plans?" she asked, and Ilos nodded.

"Yes, I think that telling him would be a good idea. That way, he can tell us wether or not the plan has any merit at all, and if he should let us do it, he can warn your people of what will arriving in Chiss space." he said, and Athien nodded in approval.

"That is true, we wouldnt want our own people to blast part of our plan out space by accident. Especially when this plan hinges on those vessels." she said, and Hirotek shook his head, smiling.

"Our plans dont hinge on them, but they would make our goals easier to attain, hopefully." he said, and Athien nodded in agreement.

"But that is assuming that we can build them. There is no way to be certain we will have the materials what we will need." she said, and Ilos smiled.

"Don't worry, we will. One of the last orders I gave was about the collection of debris from the battle of Kuat. Im sure we can build the ships from what we have. " he said, and Athien chuckled.

"Was that you planning ahead, or was that just one of your gut feelings?" she asked, and Ilos laughed.

"Actually, that was me thinking we could study the debris, and learn something from it. Just luck that it would come in handy in this form." he said, and Athien nodded. A sudden beeping drew her attention away from Ilos, and to the consoles in front of her. They were nearing Kuat, and it was time to leave hyperspace.

"Prepare for re-entry" she said, and Ilos nodded. He placed the datapad into a pocket of his trousers, and ran through a quick check of the weapons systems. Even though Kuat was supposed to be under GFFA control still, they were not going to take any risks.

Athien brought the shuttle back into realspace, and Ilso was relieved to see the massive bulk of a Destroyer in space near them. He looked at his sensors, and was was astounded at what he saw in orbit of Kuat itself. Dozens of massive warships, ranging from Bothan cruisers, to Star Destroyers, all the way down to the newest model of gunships hung in orbit of the planet. And spread across the system were even more vessels. By the looks of it, GFFA command had brought in a full fleet for the defence of Kuat.

"It looks like we wont be taking any mroe chances with Kuat." Athien said, and Ilos nodded.

"No, we wont. The GFFA must have moved the whole sixth fleet here." he said, and he altered the shuttles course enough to avoind slashing them into the shiled of the Destroyer. Athien continued to work the sensors, and finally found what she was looking for.

"The yards are still here. And it looks like most fo them are full." she said, and Ilos nodded. All of them shoudl have been, either with ships from Fondor, or the construction of new ships.

"Well, thats a plus. With all the losses we have had ship-wise, we will need more ships soon. Especially considering hopw thigns were going at Ord mantell." Ilos remarked, and Athien nodded. suddenly, the comm unit came alive, and the ship buvkled as a tractor beam latched onto it.

"Unknown vessel, you will cut your engines, and lower your sheilds. refusl to comply will relult in your destruction." came a harsh voice. Ilos sighed, and powered down the vessel as he was ordered.

"Well, at least we know they arent takign any chances." he said, and Athien laughed as the shuttle was dragged into the hanger bay of the Destroyer.

Seryk awoke as a lound buzzer rang throughout the small cockpit of the fighter. He roused himself quickly, and realized that they had almsot arrived to their first exit point. He prepared himself for the re-entry to realspace, and then watched the counter as it reached zero. He pulled back the lever, and almost immediatly hsi hands were reaching tothe sheilds as what he saw in front of him registered. Where he had expected to see nothing but empty space, he saw at least a dozen massive warships in a loose globe formation. he flicked on his comm system, and quickly began to jabber otu words.

"Fett, who are these guys?" he asked in a panicked voice as he activated his ships sheilds. he prepared for evasive manuvers, when he suddenyl realized that the rest of the vessels that were traveling with him werent reacting. They were simply moving along their designated course.

"Thats part of the mandalorian fleet, Seryk. Now turn off your shields, and follow your course." Fett growled. Seryk did as he was told, and then turned to his sensors to see if there were any more vessels that he couldnt see. Much to his astonishment, his sensors didnt register any vessels, except for the starfighters and tranports. According to them, they were the only vessels out here. he looked up at the massive cluster of warships, and wondered if those ships themselves were causing it via jamming, or if his starfighter was simply programmed not to register them.

"Fett, it is good to see you. A pair of shuttles will be launching, along with two squadrons of starighters. They will be accompanying you to Ord Mantell, along with the cruiser Wolfsbane" came a voice over the comm system. Seryk then saw the new vessels launch from varius ships in the fleet, and saw that they showed up on his sensors. Seryk simply shook his head, and leaned back in his seat, and watched as one of the cruisers detached from the main force.

"Good. We will be on our way then." Came Fetts reply. Soon, their small force of vessels, along with one of the massive mandalorian warships, was launchingthemselves back into hyperspace on the second leg of their journey to Ord Mantell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:38 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

In the darkness of deep space the silvery blue hull of a sekotan skip glinted in the starlight, the greenish glow of its drives clearly visible in the darkness. Still the pilot sat behind the controls his eyes closed, his mind stretched out to the force.

With a flicker of motion a trio of enormous star ships appeared in the space before him. Their spherical speckaled hull made them easy to identify. They were Vagaari Paskla class carriers. Anakin smiled as he powered down the engines and began to push the skip forward with the force. Slowly his craft tumbled toward the carriers before Anakin adjusted its course and slid the skip nosefirst into one of the fighter launch tubes. Flicking on his weapons he fired at full power destroying the fighter and launch station that sat at the tube's end. Then smiling he told the skip to latch onto the tube and waited.

The Timeless One nodded as the last of the enemy ships disappeared into hyperspace. Slowly he nodded to the projections before him, "You may begin landing your troops. Darth Avarice concentrate on the northern continent the Aklasp will assist you. I anticipate the stiffest resistance along the southern edge of that continent. Darth Fury, deploy your forces to the east of Avarice, Darth Tuvax deploy your troops to the northwest of Avarice."

Han Solo ducked down as he walked down the ramp with Ulan trailing behind him. Smiling courtiously at the base of the ramp Supreme Commander of UDA forces was Grand Admiral Thrawn. He was alone.

Han was surprised slightly by the lack of a reception, "Admiral Thrawn, it's been a long time."

"And you wished it would have been longer, General Solo. Ulan Shai, we've met before." Thrawn nodded to the Yuuzhan Vong. Han smiled slightly but before he could voice the question Thrawn cut him off, "Raporan forces are begining their landings, we need you to get to the front as soon as possible General Solo, you're the only one I thought would be adaptable enought for the job that needs done."

The eighteen Raporan landing craft dropped down to the grassy field as the two Aklasp ship's shot overhead. As the doors of the craft opened Darth Avarice stepped out of the craft with a command team trailing behind her. Across from her a craft dumped a company of battle droids. while another craft had a raporan engineering team rolling barrels out of the craft.

Avarice smiled as the first Aklasp warship settled to the ground and disgourged a company of warriors. As they stepped across the field patches of burned grass lay in their wake. A whine filled the air as a trio of Vagaari dreadnaughts began to circle the landing field awaiting their turn to disgourge troops.

The Raporan engineering commander stepped up to her and salute, "Lord Sith, what shall we mold from the ground here?"

Avarice smiled coldly, "A Salyar Battery."

Signature:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:27 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

OOC: And now, back to those wacky smugglers, and their crazy alliance!!

IC: Karrde walked into the breifing room, and smiled at what he saw. At the head of the long table nestles in the room, Booster Terrik sat in his hover chair, quietly looking over one report or another on a datapad. More than likely it was a status report of his Star Destroyer, which was once again falling victim to a lack of starports willing to house his ship. Next to him sat his daughter Mirax, also looking over a datapad. Farther down the table, Lando Calrissian sat haunched over in his chair, a smile on his face. He was engaged in converasation with Shalla Nelprin, who was finally beginning to show her years.

Also seated at the table was Hobbie Kilvan, the overall commander of the Smuggler Alliance starfighter forces. Next to him sat a few of his starfighter comrades, all veterns of the war agains the empire. They were all sitting there, joking about something, judging by the smiles on their faces. Closer to his end of the table, sat General Ithryn, commander of the largest pirate fleet in the galaxy. His being here was a suprise, he had a long and violent history with Booster and Lando. But it was actually a blessing, the smugglers alliance needed all the help it could get. Along side him were the leaders of several other smaller pirate and smuggler groups. Overall, it was a large collection of people. And hopefully, some good would come from this meeting.

"Well, I thank you all for being here. It seems that the galaxy is getting dragged into a war again, one thats going to make the Vong war look easy." Karde said, and everyone at the table looked up at him. Lando looked directly at him, and frowned.

"I think we all realize this Karrde. We have all seen and heard the reports. Any news one the battle of Ord mantell?" he asked, and Karrde sighed.

"The GFFA fleet has withdrawn after taking some heavy losses. its down to a ground battle now. Hopefully Thrawn can come up with a miracle to win. We cant afford to lose many more massive engagments like this." he said, and General Ithryn barked out a quick laugh.

"Thats what people said about the war agains teh Vong. And we won that war. What makes this one any different?" he asked, and Hobbie looked over to him.

"Well, first of all, we all started the war off working together. And we failed. Secondly, we dont have the Chiss or Empire to help us, they have been basically wiped out. And Thirdly, the Vong didnt have the force. These Repora do." he said, and the General nodded.

"All very valid points, but eventually the GFFA will step up its wartime production, and we will overwhelm them with sher numbers." he said, and Booster shook his head.

"No, we wont. They have struck at several of our largest shipyards already, and destroyed most of them. The only reason Kuat still exists is becuase of who was in charge there. Hirotek may not be Thrawn, but the man is crazy, and intelligent. Which is about as bad," he said, and karrde nodded his head.

"Well, ship production is one of the reason we are all here. We all know the GFFA has its own shipyards, but most of them are full now. And the ones that arent full, are going to be very soon. The first thing on the agenda, is info on any independent yards that we all know of, that can help out with either ship repairs, or production of new vessels." Karrde said, and everyone began to look around at one another. They all knew of shipyards, some run by smugglers, other by pirates. What the question was, was if anyone was going to hand over such information willingly. After a few moments of silence, Booster spoke without looking up from his datapad.

"Let me just say this. I know the location of just about every smuggler hideaway and pirate cove in the galaxy. And If I have to hunt down every one of them to get them to commit to this effort, I will." he said, a feral grin on his face. Karrde smiled, knowing ho wreal that threat ws to everyone. The Errant Venture may not have been up to GFFA specs anymore, but Booster made sure she stayed fully armed. That aone was enough firepower to wipe out nearly any pirate or smuggling fleet in the galaxy. And everyone at the table knew it.

"My primary base has a small facility which can repair starfighters, and build them if need be." Shalla said, and Karrde nodded in appreciation.

"Thank you, thats a start. Anyone else?" he asked, and Ithyrn sighed.

"I have access to a pair of small yards out on the rim. Nothing to large, they wont hold anything larger than a Vic Star. But they can repair or build ships. And i have my own starfighter production facility. Funnel me the materials, and I can build about a squadron a week." he said, and Karrde nodded.

"Good, those yards will be helpfull," karrde said, and he then turned to Lando. "What about you, Lando? Dont even try to tell me you dont have a facility hidden somewhere that can help us." he said, and Lando flashed his famous grin.

"Ill do you one better than that. im finishing up the final touches on a pair of new facilites, whcih will be able to build and repair any vessel up to the size of a dreadnaught. And they can both build vessels. And I still have my wardroid factories, which will be running full speed as quickly as I can get them there." he said, and Karrde smiled. Slowly, all the other smuggler and pirate leaders revealed teh locations of their repair facilites. karrde noted the location of every facility, knowng that they wopuld need every single one.

"Alright, next. Total firepower. If we are going to ogranize our forces into a fighting force like we did for the war against the Vong, I want to do it right this time. " hesaid, and everyone nodded. Booset looked up, and smiled.

"I have teh Venture, and I recently aqquired a pair of old Escort Frigates surplus." he said and Karrde nodded. More than likely, Boosters ships would make up the core of the Smuggler/pirate fleet.

"What about starfighters Booster?" Karrde asked, and Mirax looked up.

"So far we have about a wing of starfighters. We are still training all the pilots though. We need to get them up to GFFA standards before we throw them up agains teh Repora." she said, and Karrde nodded. That was Hobbies' job. But he would get to that later.

"I have nine vessels ready for battle, with five more undergoing overhauls right now." Shalla said, Karrde smiled. He knew that Nallas' fleet was small, but her pilots were good.

"I have seventeen vessels ranging in size from freightors to my flagship, the Black Fear." Ithryn said, and karrde nodded. He knew that the Fear was an older Vic Star, but it was well maintained and crewed. Lando promised several of his defense ships to the force, and the rest of the people at the table added in their forces.

"Well, with all of that, and my forces added in, we have just over 50 vessels. Which was more than I had hoped for." he said, and everyone at the table smiled. So far things were going as well.

"Now, the final part of this meeting is to discuss the purpose of the fleet. To allay your worries, we arent going to be trying to take on the Repora forces head on. Thats suicide." he said, and Shalla looked up at him.

"Then what will we be doing, raiding their convoys?" she asked, and Ithryn laughed.

"Well, we are outlaws after all. What else are we good at?" he asked, and everyone around the table managed a brief chuckle.

"Yes Shalla, we will be running raids on theri convoys, among other things. We will also be doing information gathering for the GFFA, and of need be, we can also help in the evacuation of civilian worlds in the path o the invasion. Same as what we did in the last war." he said, and everyone around the table nodded. They all knew that they would just get in the way should they try and help in any major engagements, so they would simply so what they could in the backround. Like the scoundrels they were.

"Well, thats actually it for this meeting. Ill contact you all as soon as we have mre of the details hammered out. Also, if you knwo of anyone else that could help us in the war, please get ahold of them. We need allies. And lots of them." he said, and everyone around the table nodded. Slowly, people began to filter out of the room, to head off to their repective fleets and bases. It would take some time to organize them into an effective fighting force, but this was a very good start. They had bases, facilities, and yards at theri disposal. Hopefully, that would be enough for now.

Karrde sat down, and looked over to Lando, was was staring off into space. He wacthed him for a moment, and then smiled.

"Whats on your mind Lando?" he asked, and Lando looked over to him.

"Oh, I was just thinking. I may know of some people that would be willing to help us. They still owe me a favor, I think." he said, and karrde smiled.

"How big of a favor?" karrde asked, and Lando smiled.

"Not a very big one. I just helped save thier whole race from extinction." he said, and Karrde barked out a laugh. It would be like Lando to exaggerate like that.

"Well, you get ahold of them, and do your best to bring them on board. We could use the help." he said, and Lando nodded. Karrde sat back in the seat, and began to search the recesses of his own mind, trying to hink of anyone he knew of that could help them. But after a while, his eyes drifted shut, and hs aging bady decided it was time for rest. As Karrde slept in the seat, Lando continued to think through his own past, and of any allies that he could bring to the war.

"Lobot," he said quietly to himself. "I need to get ahold of Lobot. And Vuffi." he finished. He hadnt spoken to either of them in years, but both of them were links to possible allies. Powerfull ones at that. He just hoped that they were both still among the living.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:24 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

OOC: No, oh no you don't, I'm not going to let you bring them into this!!!

IC:
Luke was stunned by the devestation he saw before him, the great forests of Zonoma Sekot were all but destroyed. The communities of Vong and Sekotan peoples decimated. The burned out hulks of Sekotan Skips littered the ground. Pyres of burning bodies filled the air with a putrid odor unlike any he'd endured before. The smell bled through the scarf he had around his mouth and nose and ravaged his senses. After each breath he found himself fighting a rising fist of bile. Mara and Leia were little better off, their faces all but completely shrouded behind the scarfs they wore for protection.

Luke bent over the charred body of a Vong child that had died clutching a reptilian pet to itself. Other bodies lay littered were they fell as those survivors that were able moved bodies to the fires. A yuuzhan vong biot over his mouth Harrar stepped through the destruction to where the group stood. His voice echoed strangely through the rebreather, "I have not seen such destruction in all my time, even during the war."

Luke nodded as he stood, "This war is far more brutal then the last one was." Luke sighed, "How many?"

Harrar shook his head, "I..."

Leia glanced at the Vong priest, "He doesn't know, they won't know for weeks, maybe years, maybe never."

Mara glanced across the destruction, "What about Danni and the others?"

Harrar's eyes narrowed, "Danni was wounded, she'll recover, of the others I have no word." He shook his head slowly, "No one has heard Sekot since..."

Luke stepped beside Harrar, "Since what?"

"Since High Priest Jakan was killed." Harrar seemed to tremble slightly, "Without a High Priest I fear no one can communicate with Sekot."

Luke turned away his hands clenched at his sides, "It seems the Rapora have already been here."

Harrar glanced at Luke, "No one saw the attackers, even through the force. It was as if the wrath of our Gods was real and released."

Mara's eyes narrowed, "You say no one saw them?"

Han Solo leaned back on the tan hull of a GFFA Hover Tank as the regimental commanders gave their status and readiness. The two UDA Generals looked decidedly uncomfortable with the briefing's informality. Han sighed as the last GFFA commander finished, "So, what exactly do we know about the enemy?"

The UDA generals glanced at each other, "Sir, if you will..."

"Please, no sirs."

The GFFA commanders chuckled lightly as the UDA general blanched, "Well sir, the Rapora have some of the most advanced technology in the galaxy. Also their warriors are all force sensitive rendering many traditional war fighting techniques ineffective against them, especially there infantry."

"So what do you suggest?"

"We need to be able to deliver a lot of firepower in one spot at once, I'd suggest having our troops use box formations to insure a lot of firepower at one point." The Chiss General shrugged as he finished.

Han shook his head, "No, absolutely not, we're talking about lightsaber wielding opponents, if one got into the middle of a box formation we'd loose the whole formation."

"Then what do you suggest?"

"Sargeant hand me that crate," Han gestured to a crate and one of the GFFA commandos tossed it to him. Han smiled as he pulled open the crate, "Alright since you are all relatively well educated, what is this?"

The UDA Generals smiled, "Yslamiri."

"Correct," Han answered smiling, "For years Luke was chased by stormtroopers equipped with these things, you know why they never got him? Because these things only create a sphere around the creature, the force user still has access to the force."

"What are you suggesting?" The commander of the most experience GFFA unit asked quietly.

"That we let the Rapora walk right into our little force mines."

Thrawn smiled to himself as he boarded the Spear of Freedom, he could escape with ease. Now it was Han's battle. As the craft sealed up and cloaked Thrawn gave a parting salute to the ground troops watching his departure.

Darth Avarice smiled to herself as she watched the monstorous forms of the Salyar artillery pieces. She nodded to the Raporan regimental commander, "You may begin the advance."

Signature:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next