Is there a dungeonmaster in the house ( of Sith?)

Gleem

Is anyone the dungeon master for this roleplaying game?

I mean I could tell everybody what Tycho, my little blonde rascal, could do, but then all the other characters/players would know it too.

I am still kind of confused about this whole roleplaying thing. It may seem simple and straight forward to you, but you have been playing it for years. Maybe more people would join if they understood it.

Maybe you could post a sticky explaining people the general concept to newcomers like me?

"When you take water and pour it into a cup, it BECOMES the cup. When you put the water in a bowl it becomes the bowl. Be smart, be like water my friend.."-Bruce Lee

• SWR Staff - Executive

Basically, this is free roleplaying. No GMs or anything. Make your character and play along...

No real rules, just don't God-Mod or anything. Hope you can following along. The last one had me totally lost. :)

(Plug: I'm admin over at SWS - the Star Wars Simulation. Its much more controlled environment if you want to roleplay or just be a part of the community. Rebels VS Imperials, or for those interested in neither, the Hutts)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

(Plug: I'm admin over at SWS - the Star Wars Simulation. Its much more controlled environment if you want to roleplay or just be a part of the community. Rebels VS Imperials, or for those interested in neither, the Hutts)

Yes.. everyone should join.. I have been there for almost a year now (except for a 5 month LOA) and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Okay.. I joined up. I'd really like to do some roleplaying. I have played a lot of roleplaying games on my computer like megatraveller, The Bardstale II (a loooooooooong time ago..) , and most recently Temple of Elemental Evil.

I have tried to find people to roleplay with but it seems that these days, everybody is too busy all the time to ever make anything happen.

The RPG here is a bit too confusing for me. It seems like you have a history of 100's of years of roleplaying, know every paragraph from the SW books and I have only seen the movies and played the games. Maybe you should have a thread for beginners or something..

"When you take water and pour it into a cup, it BECOMES the cup. When you put the water in a bowl it becomes the bowl. Be smart, be like water my friend.."-Bruce Lee

First of all go to the "Signing in for the next RPG" thread and sign in. Do you have any specific questions about the RPG or does it just all confuse you? The RPG is set about 10 years after the Clone Wars (The Empire is in its prime and the Alliance is getting started). Basically, Mad and I are the Rebels, Elvis is Vader (though under a new name), Wormie is an Imperial captain, and Trej is surviving Jedi on Coruscant.
Sweat saves blood-Erwin Rommel

*coughs* Commodore *coughs* Commodore ... but you get the picture.. basically all you have to do is keep the story flowing. You don't need to have any great knowledge of SW to enjoy it.. read through the previous posts and try to fit yours in somehow, thats all.

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

I command 4 such triangles of death.. 1 of which is a 'NEW' ISD.. but don't worry Darky, your death I will make swift and almost painless

• 3 weeks later...

This freeform stuff doesn't work, what always happens is someone pulls out a big ship, then someone else gets a bigger one, then someone else just happened to be sitting minutes away in hyperspace with a gigantic fleet. Then someone cries godmodding, then somebody else gets mad and starts a spin-off thread, then everyone gets aggrevated, leaves the thread, camps in the chatroom and then when the mood to RP hits them again, they forget the whole thing and do it again! ARRRGHHH!!!!!

Frustrating, isn't it?

Speaking of which, the reason I visited this forum in the first place was that I had a proposition. I posted here because i couldn't resist replying...but I might as well add the rest in here too.

I'd like to participate in some kind of RPG (I don't know if its the boredom getting the better of me, or my inner nerd) but I don't want it to have many people, and I don't want it to be freeform. I also don't want anyone who might know me to recognize me (so I don't want to use SWS!). So, if anyone would like to participate in something like this, please reply here and if there IS any interest, we'll start a new thread to discuss it, ok? Thanks!

These last few hours have made me realize that I need some kind of hobby. I'd bet MacGyver could think of something...

I'll start a new topic then! All who are interested, please redirect yourself to the thread: "Structured RPG - 0C"
These last few hours have made me realize that I need some kind of hobby. I'd bet MacGyver could think of something...