Anti-Homecoming

DarthTofu

Which would you rather attend?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather attend?

• Homecoming
    • The Anti-Homecoming

Here's what this boils down to- my friends and I are all nerds and social pariahs. We're the kids that make jokes based on calculus, such as "dbacon/dx= delicious." (The derivative of bacon with respect to x is delicious!)

They're quite funny if you get them, but if you try to explain them, you receive a number of vacant looks. Anyway, we've embraced our nerdiness and social awkwardness, and so this year, our Senior year, rather than being slaves to conformity and attending the Homecoming dance, which none of us much cared for in the first place, we created the Anti-Homecoming. The Anti-Homecoming is precisely what it sounds like- everything that Homecoming isn't. Our Homecoming dance generally consists of the following:

1) Loud rap music/the occasional hick song played at around 2,000 decibels

2) Dance styles that ought to require contraceptives

3) At least a dozen folks deciding that dancing just isn't cutting it, and that they're going to have to go somewhere else and remove those dang constricting clothes

4) A room small enough that there is nowhere to escape the noise and hear yourself think, much less hold a conversation.

5) An average IQ of about 79.6 (roughly estimated)

The Anti-Homecoming consisted of this:

1) Four, count 'em, four video game systems, only one of which was actually mine (friends dragged along a Wii, an X-box, and an X-box 360 to compliment my PS2), each equipped with the great party games (Soul Caliber IV, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Rock Band, Battlefront II, DDR)

2) Forty-eight cans of orange soda available for free (BJs had good prices, and I felt like being nice)

3) An average IQ of at least 125 (again, a rough estimate)

Where normal Homecoming ended at eleven, ours didn't finish until around 2 AM. It might have gone on longer, but the people we were going to prank came back from their walk around the block too soon. Curses!

Anyway, I kinda wonder- do we have any "popular" folks here who would prefer to attend a legit Homecoming, or are we all nerd and geek enough that we'd prefer the massive LAN party that was the Anti-Homecoming, surrounded by nerds and geeks who can fully embrace it? All but two of the folks who showed up were in AP Calculus... that amuses me.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

The only school functions/dances I went to were the junior and senior proms. I did not like them, but was coerced into going by lady friends who wanted to go and had no boyfriends.

I must say that your anti-homecoming party sounds a heck of a lot better, and Im jealous I didnt think of that while I was in high school.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I was actually at our campus' homecoming Friday night :P

I never really went to ours either. The last two years though I did. Yeah, it was crowded. Certainly, the music sucked. I can't complain about the dancing though. Grinding is very, very retarded and I hardly want to see you and your ugly girlfriend all but doing it. On the flip side, though, if you happen to be dancing with a cute girl -- what's the difference?

And hey, for the record, my IQ is much higher than that. OH! And be weary of that Calculus AP test. It's wicked hard. I busted my ass off for it though.

Actually in that situation I would have prefered you A-H party Tofu (provided of course i bring along a slab of beer to make the gaming more interessting.

Big parties are fun but they have to be well organised and you have to be sure to have:

a) A chillout area with minimalistic music (garage, minimal, pop-rock, etc) at a small volume where people can chat and chill.

b) Variety when it comes to the music. You must not have the same style of music on the main dancefloor all night (unless of course it is planned that the party will only consist of that style of music)

c) One must make sure to arrange to have a big enough venue so people can move but not too big so that it doesn't look empty.

But that Geek party of yours sounded sweet!!!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

The only school functions/dances I went to were the junior and senior proms. I did not like them, but was coerced into going by lady friends who wanted to go and had no boyfriends.

I must say that your anti-homecoming party sounds a heck of a lot better, and Im jealous I didnt think of that while I was in high school.

I second that. I would rather go to the Anti-Homecoming party! No one gets my jokes either. My town is a bit on the 'simple' life side. I wished I would have sold my house a few years ago when the market was up...now I'm stuck here for a time.

I would rather drink alot of beer, listen to good old heavy metal music and jam on some video games with my friends; than go dutch to a boring, snobby homecomming dance.

I tought myself advaneced Calculus and Physics back in 7 th grade. I read old college books from my teacher. The goverment school system caters more for the common denominator than advancing the most promising students into their academic life > what a waste of time high school was for me. Self educated you may say, I had a score of around 140 or 170 depends on what you are testing and the true meaining of what an IQ really means.

I am good at math, but terrible at spelling. A high IQ could mean adapting to and meeting your own needs and wants to your enviroment you find yourself in.

Edited by Slocket

lol- no beer for 16, 17, and 18-year-olds here in the States, unfortunately... or fortunately, as the case may be- I imagine I'd be a very entertaining drunk, but not the world's brightest. I tend to get rid of silly little inhibitions without alcohol- with the added effect of being able to say, "I was drunk at the time" I'd probably do something really obscene.

So no beer, but we did have some good tunes pumping- AC/DC for starters. I just bought Back in Black, and I am loving that album! Potentially because I've had to listen to stupid 3 Days Grace CDs that my friend burns me, since I don't have any other music to play. (I don't really like 3 Days Grace.) Then there was, of course, the music from Rock Band. From Hells Bells to Don't Fear the Reaper to Sandman, we had some good classics going.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away