What IM Software do you use?

Stratus

• SWR Staff - Executive

I am doing a poll to see what kind of IM software is favored by our community. Please go to the main SWR.com site and vote on the survey. Please vote only once. You can post here which one you prefer and why you like it so much.

I'll start. My favorite (as you can see on the survey) is Pidgin. (www.pidgin.im) - It is a open-source client (it used to be called Gaim) that can connect to Google Talk, AIM, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, Novell Groupwise, ICQ, IRC, MSN, MySpace IM, QQ, SILC, SIMPLE, Samtime, XMPP, Zephyr , and Yahoo!. That's a lot of different IM's. I didn't even put them all on there. If you use one not on the survey, post it or msg me so I can add it - because others might too. I can't believe how many are out there - but Pidgin (works on Linux systems (which means Mac as well) and Windows systems.

Pidgin is free software. It is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2. This means you are free to use it and to modify it, but if you distribute your modifications you must distribute the modified source code as well.

I have enjoyed it for the past few years, even when it was the older software called Gaim.

So what's your favorite IM client(s)?

I generally use AIM, even though I dont always log in. I guess I like AIM because its the one that is most common, and my family and friends all have an account on it.

I also use gmail chat, but thats limited since only a few of my friends have gmail.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I hardly ever chat online anymore. A few years back, when I did, my answer would have been AIM. Now it's more Google Talk or Facebook Chat than anything else.

I also use the iChat program. It came free with the iMac, and can connect to a couple of different chat programs, though not nearly to the extent that Pidgin and Trillian seem to be capable of it. It's limited to AIM and a few others, so far as I know.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• SWR Staff - Executive
LOL Eagle - sorry. I rarely check the forums now because I am so busy - and there are so many posts to look at and choose from - I'm very selective now when I do have time :)

That's a lot of different IM's. I didn't even put them all on there. If you use one not on the survey, post it or msg me so I can add it - because others might too.

How about "none"?

I used to use Gmail chat to converse with the late Paul Conway. But, it's been silent ever since :(

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?