Cooking

Darth_Rob

At the risk of sounding strange and unusual (as if thats not how I always sound), I was curious if anyone else enjoys to cook a nice meal or something every now and then?

Ive always been a bit interested in cooking, and can cook several of my family's passed-down recipes pretty well. But recently, my sister gave me a crock pot, and Ive been cooking at least one meal a week with it.

I think I have perfected a nice chili recipe, and now Im moving on to making a good BBQ sauce. I love BBQ, and I would be so happy to finally perfect a nice, sweet sauce of my own. As of right now, it comes out too watery, and the last batch was over-spiced, and the sauce was overpowered by onion, garlic, and cumin. But I will continue to attempt to perfect this awesome American classic.

So yeah, does anyone else dabble in the kitchen on occasion or regularly?

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

From time to time, yeah. I still live with my folks, so I don't have to cook all that often, especially since my folks both prefer to cook most nights. I have a few recipes under my belt, going beyond my "advanced" omelette of awesome. The most "complicated" thing I can cook is probably what we like to call "Pho-Chicken-Cordon-Bleu." It's boneless, skinless chicken breast pounded flat, with cheese and a slice of ham laid on top of it. You roll it up, stick it with a toothpick, and stick in the over until it's golden brown. It's pretty tasty stuff, what with the combination of flavors and everything. You just have to be certain that A) You pound the chicken flat enough and B) You take out the toothpick. One was left in there one time and... well, it's like Luke with the rancor and that giant bone in RotJ.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Oh, yeah! Theres nothing about a good Cordon Bleu. I love that, but not those ones you can get at the butcher. They often do use some sort of meat and cheese which isnt that good for making it. I do favour italian food. Honestly, I wouldnt have any problem to eat pasta every day, but I guess that wouldnt be that good for my health. What I also like pretty much is Chicken in Curry (indian style I guess). You need some nuts, apples, rice, some chicken and of course Curry. But be sure you dont use the Mandrass Curry or you will have a bad time visiting the bathroom after youve ate that. I just say "burning ring of fire". ;):lol:

At the risk of sounding strange and unusual (as if thats not how I always sound)...

Why should that sound unusual? Its the general section, so why not talking about cooking and stuff? :)

Who cares at all?! :roll:

I prefer grillin' over an open flame myself. I also like to bake (biscuits for biscuits & gravy!) :D
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Hey Tex, have you ever made your own BBQ sauce?

I have an old family recipe (it uses shredded beef, not chunks or hamburger :x )

Now that you got me thinking about it, I'm going to have to dig up the recipe and get cookin'!

:D

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Nothing like a good chocolate cake with some nice rare jamaican spices added to it. :twisted:

Mad mixes "magic brownies?"

HAHAHAHA!!! I totally missed that!!! :lol::lol:

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've discovered that I love the taste of gingerbread. Then again, I'm going through the annoyingly cliche "teenage angst" right now, so I think I'm supposed to be eating more than is healthy for me without realizing it... which might explain how I managed to down a whole bag of Doritos, half a plate a nachos, and some leftover lasagna for lunch yesterday...

i'll be damned if that lasagna wasn't good. My Latin class did "Roman Dinner Theater" and put on "Rinse The Blood From My Toga," a latin-based comedy. It's all filmed, and I'll put it up on YouTube eventually. Long story short, though: We got free lasagna and pizza when all was said and done.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away