Eagle

Have you ever seen an UFO?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever seen an UFO?

• Yes, I have!
    • Yes, more than just once!
    • No, Ive never had!

Is there anybody out there?

Ok, we already had a thread about a shooting star and about the earthlike planet which has been discovered last year. So why not talking about our closest neighbourhood: the Mars.

A couple of days ago I first read it appearing on that moving band at the bottom of the tv-screen on an CNN-like channel and wondered why that isn´t the top news of the day. :? One or two days after that I´ve found it on the teletext and so I finally had to search the net about that topic.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/06/28/2288615.htm

According to the news above, the soil on Mars doesn´t differ that much like that in your backyard and would be good enough to grow vegetables like fe. Asparagus on it!

So ice on the polarcaps of the moon, probably even on Mars and now very fruitful soil on the red planet. I know of lots of sceptics who believe that live only could be possible on our own planet. Now I´m able to say to them, there are much more possibilities of live out there. I´m expecting that the next discovery on Mars probably could be some kind of primitive live like maybe some kind of bacteria or maybe even some kind of insect.

What do you think?

Edited by Eagle
Who cares at all?! :roll:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not on Mars, but I'll bet there's totally other intelligent life out there in the universe! I know a couple of creationists who try to argue that God only made man intelligent life, and the odds of us being able to live on this planet are terrible, and yadda yadda yadda, but that's all a load of crap. We adapt to the environment; the environment doesn't adapt to us unless we start forcing it to adapt (IE terraforming and the like).

Mars might hold some tiny, single-celled organisms, and I'll bet some other planet out there holds some form of life.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Yeah, unless there is some life living way under Mars' surface, I think we would have seen something by now. But I totally think theres other life out there. I just think its totally ridiculous for us to think that our planet has the only life in existence.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

• 2 weeks later...

You both may be right. Here are some neat pics of the surface of Mars made by the Mars Express Probe:

http://nachrichten.t-online.de/c/15/61/99/76/15619976,pt=self,si=0,topic=12441526.html

The first pic shows a cliff which is 4000 meters deep. 8O The other pics show some trenches which could be either former rivers or made by lava. Only time will tell. But isn´t there a theory "where´s water, there´s life"? Hm!

Thats a very interesting find Eagle.

I tend to be one of faith, and I dont see why, if God could create Earth, he couldnt also create another planet. I mean, after so much time, any diety would get bored watching the same stuff, and might try to create another world.

At one point, I started writing a story based around this, where there were aliens from other planets who eventually made contact with Earth, and these intergalactic beings were closer to God than humans were, and were thus "spreading his word" to other planets. I know I posted a short teaser for it at some point in the "Creative Writings" thread, but its not there now. Maybe it was lost in the site shutdown all that time ago.

My Website

That story about the meteor is an old story. It has been discovered at about 1994/95 and pushed NASAs plans sending a probe to Mars forward. Which they finally did than back in 1997 as we all know.

While we are still asuming if some kind of primitive bacteria may exists somewhere out there in space someone else is coming forward with some other more important facts. Well not really someone else. It´s Edgar Mitchell former Apollo astronaut and the sixth man who was walking on the moon. Which he did for over nine hours which is record. His space suit can be seen in the Transport Museum in Lucerne btw (hint for Mad ;) ). In a radio interview for Kerang radio he stated yesterday that we are not alone and that Earth has been visited several times by beings from outer space. See the news:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1037471/Apollo-14-astronaut-claims-aliens-HAVE-contact--covered-60-years.html

You can listen to the whole interview here:

http://ovnis-usa.com/SONS/EdgarMitchell_KerrangRadio_July23rd2008.mp3

He starts telling about all that at about the middle of that interview. The radio host acts like a nutter, but dont let you distract from that. He soon starts to shut up. Well, at least a bit. :mrgreen:

Haven´t found anything about all that in the major news today. I guess its because of the fact that he was in that whacko radio show and not at Larry King (whos got lots of UFO- and Alien-topics nowadays. Coincidence? 8O ) and because lots of people dont even know who Edgar Mitchell is. Thats typical! Nobody is interested in that man who was the sixth man walking on the surface of the moon. I guess it needs G.W. to tell those people out there so they maybe will believe it. :x But if I think about that again, they rather shouldnt choose G.W. to do that. Nobody trusts that guy. :mrgreen::wink:

Guest Scathane
Call me a simpleton but when you consider this, one would rationally come to the conclusion that it's statistically improbable that humans are the only intelligent life form out there, right?

It slowly spreads around the news, but to my knowledge it didnt appeared in the major-news yet and Im not sure if it ever will, because they maybe also belong to the "coverup-team" which uses to ridicule reports and wittnesses.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24070088-13762,00.html

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Strange-News/Aliens-Do-Exist-Astronaut-On-Apollo-14-Dr-Edgar-Mitchell-Says-They-Have-Made-Contact-With-Earth/Article/200807415052312?lpos=Strange%2BNews_2&lid=ARTICLE_15052312_Aliens%2BDo%2BExist%253A%2BAstronaut%2BOn%2BApollo%2B14%2BDr%2BEdgar%2BMitchell%2BSays%2BThey%2BHave%2BMade%2BContact%2BWith%2BEarth

The radio-host of the above mentioned show on Kerang-Radio later called someone at NASA to get any kind of statement about what Mitchell said. But of course there wasnt any kind of confirmation. Of course not. ;)

http://ovnis-usa.com/SONS/EdgarMitchell_KerrangRadio_July23rd2008_NASA_reaction.mp3

I have to add that the alien body which is shown in the article which I have posted in my last post is an animatronic dummy which appeared in the Rosswell-Movie with Kyle MacLachlan and is not a real alien body.

Interesting that while people here use to discuss about any kind of race around the Star Wars universe dont seem to be very interested in the real aliens. But maybe the title of this thread is absolutely boring, so I will change it. ;)

What belongs to me I would like to know who they are, where they come from, what they are doing here, about their culture and history, what they are doing in their daily live. Do they have passions, hopes, fears etc...

Guest Scathane
What belongs to me I would like to know who they are, where they come from, what they are doing here, about their culture and history, what they are doing in their daily live. Do they have passions, hopes, fears etc...
In that case, the notion of one of the scientists in Michael Crichton’s Sphere might appeal to you… The scientist in question asserts the idea that if we were to encounter intelligent extraterrestrial life, we would most likely not (be able to) recognize it as such… :?

Thats an impressing vid, Scathane! 8O Would have loved to see how big the two suns of Zeta Reticuli, the alleged origin-system of one of our alleged visitors, are in comparison to ours.

Edgar Mitchell gave another interview:

http://dsc.discovery.com/space/qa/alien-ufo-edgar-mitchell.html

Since he gave that radio interview, his wikipedia entry has been edited dozens of times. 8O

Mitchell isnt the first one who spoke out what he saw. There were lots of other astronauts. Some are well known to us, like fe. Buzz Aldrin.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/Astronaut.html

There are rumours that Aldrin gave an interview in the early 70s to a UK TV-Station where he spoke openly what he saw when he and Neil Armstrong were on the Moon.

I like the new topic title Eagle.

I voted that I have seen something, because I did. My father and I saw a weird light in the sky that clearly not a known airplane or spotlight or anything like that. I dont know if it was a alien spacecraft, a secret military plane (my family lives near an air base), or something else. Fact is, it was an unidentified flying object.

My Website

May I ask you does your family live around the area of Hudson Valley?

Like Edgar Mitchell also mentioned in the radio interview that lots of the UFO sightings arent of extraterrestrial origin. There are rumours about backengineering and/or advanced crafts which already use a new developed propulsion system. Just think about that the F-117 Stealth Fighter has just been retired. I believe they wouldnt do that if they wouldnt already have a more advanced follow up model. Just think about that thing has been developed in the 70s! What do they have now??? 8O

I've read somewhere that this guy has some personal interests in this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_Noetic_Sciences

I would prefer a more scienetific DudE on this front. Edgar might be right, but it's more likely that he only wants to get some attention

Guest Scathane
A good point as well as a good find, LLf! I didn't know this. I did like the interview, though... What are your views on ETs, BTW?

LLF youve found something interesting. Ive listened to several interviews Edgar Mitchell gave the last couples of days and also read some transcripts. If youve read his wiki-entry you may see that soon after his return from his moon-mission he left NASA. Whatever he allegedly encountered on the moon altered his view on many things about life and whats it all about. Ill try to be as careful in explaining these things to you as possible and please keep in mind that I dont consider to call myself an ufologist, but what Ive heard is that the UFO-field itself does not only deal with the nature of UFOs, it also deals with mind over matter. Its alleged that these beings from wherever they may come from are not only technically advanced they are also spiritually much more advanced than we could imagine. Thats very hard to understand and to cope with, guys, and I also have my problems with that, but maybe these theories about that kind of spirituality could have inspired him to engage himself in such kind of studies. When I say spiritual its not meant in that exact way somebody who beliefs in any kind of god or something like that. Its really some kind of mind over matter. Jedilike stuff if you want so. ;):?

Finding a more scientific dude to explain all that?? Who??? You cant study that kind of science. Look at all these so called scientists who give interviews just for the sake to debunker all and everything instead of doing some serious research about that matter. Some are simply afraid of their own reputation or their pensions or whatever and prefer to stay out of that business. Even ordinary people try to avoid that topic because its been systematically ridiculled in all these years and I dont see any kind of change yet.

A good point as well as a good find, LLf! I didn't know this. I did like the interview, though... What are your views on ETs, BTW?

Ah yeah. Well, let me state, that I'm really into astronomy, I had a small telescope before, read books, knew all the northern constellations etc.. And as I looked into all the recent research about the possiblity of organic life in our OWN solar system (almost all smaller bodies have/had water or ice here, and some traces of other essential stuff that is needed)... and coutning in the size of our Universe (as you already made point) I think that is almost impossible that we are alone.

And I really hope that we will find a lot of "interesting" things in the next 50 years (like thinking of all the possibilities with the next and last upgrade on the Hubble telescope: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-125)

Besides, we have a lot going in astronomy (for example, the dark-matter research is really a hot topic now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_matter) , and the Galaxy gets richer with all those explorations day-by-day.

A hungarian research goes global: http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/080609-mm-extrasolar-moons.html

So get your RSS link on atronomy, guys :D

As a stuborn european (lol), I don not believe in any USA/Russia goverment conspiracy theories, and I'm quite sure, there are no visitations. These are just modern myths of some sort based on many sources (from fear to creativity). I have my thrust in the scientists. If they will find something, they will let us know (just think about it: The first dude who finds ET with proof will be the most famous name ever in human history.Ever!).

And, alien civilization might come in handy for us with all the tensions raising again between new and old superpowers. I can't see a reason why any goverment would hide anything really. It's something that is getting people together (new universal foe or friend, no matter). But again, I don't believe in visitations, though I'm sure they're out there somewhere (possibly a lot of them).

Finding a more scientific dude to explain all that?? Who??? You cant study that kind of science.

Good point, but as I wrote before, I think this is still in the field of astronomical research (and that covers a lot of things, not just huge lenses starring at nebulas) If there would be a huge UFO floating around somewhere in the Outer Rim (lol) that could be spotted from all around the world from different institutes and their telescopes. Maybe we would laugh about the first announcement and proofs (I don't think so) but if there is something, others can find it too.

Getting spiritual with this makes things even more complicated. I'm not againt theories about aliens with telepatic skills, pure energy lifeforms whatsoever.

But if we handle the extrateressial research with a statement like "mind over matter"... well I guess that's dead-end, and it does go back to things like religion (T. Cruise!!!! arghh) and esoterism. I don't think there is any need for that. For neat little first contact, we still need any scientific proof of their existence (witch is out there, I'm sure)

Of course, we humans won't change. We want to have everything ASAP. The Galaxy is a rather (huge) interesting place, there's always something new..so... people are working on it, don't worry! :D Maybe our grandchildren (or their kids) will succeed with this exploration (so what? Disappointed? :D). But I'm a dreamer too, I hope to see something of all this.

(If we don't nuke each other out before that.)

So you dont have any telescope today? :( As a kid of about 10 - 12 I was also very into astronomy and would have loved to own a telescope with which I could see Mars, Venus or at least watch the Moon much better.

About the subject of mind over matter I believe that it has nothing to do with religion. Its at least how I feel about that. The question why a government would hide contact with ET is a big subject. It could be just for the sake of advanced weapon- and propulsion-systems which could have been essential during the cold-war. Why they are able to hide something big like this is maybe because of there compartementalisation which already helped them to invent the A-Bomb during WWII without any public notice. Compartmentalisation means that if you are assigned for a special duty you will only be told about what you need to know to fulfill your job and you wont be allowed to tell anybody what you are doing. So they wont tell you all and everything. Like Mitchell in another interview already stated (which I can post if requested) that because of that compartementalisation people may have their offices next to each other in one and the same building, but they probably never will know what each other is currently working on. So for example your a driver in the army and you are told to drive Team A to Point B you only will be told about their mission if you need to know to do your job otherwise you wont get knowledge what Team A has to do at Point B. Thats just a very simple example about such kind of procedure.

Ok, maybe Aldrin, Mitchell and Co. werent any kind of scientists when they travelled to the moon and rather were just some kind of labour-rats who have been sent there to collect some stone samples just because an ape was not able to handle that. There may be no evidence of what they saw, but why does the accounts of eye-wittnesses dont count? Just because were not willing to accept? And why were there no missions to the moon anymore?

As a matter of fact they do. Is it known as a UFO haven?

They live near the town of Pine Bush, which is very famous (locally) for "UFO experiences".

My Website

As a matter of fact they do. Is it known as a UFO haven?

They live near the town of Pine Bush, which is very famous (locally) for "UFO experiences".

Interesting site. Have to take a closer look at it later. I dont know if its some kind of UFO hotspot, but it looks like if you read through that site. I only have seen a video a couple of weeks ago of alleged weird looking government-crafts, which could belong to so called black-projects. But the user has deleted his video. :? Luckily I found it again plus some others which is said have been taken in that region.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACjy1lPFe1M&feature=related

Brittains high court, the House of Lords, refused today to stop the extradition to the US of hacker Gary McKinnon who has been accused for hacking into several systems of the Pentagon and NASA. If he will be extradited to the US the 42 year old hacker could face a penalty of 60 years in a US prison. Some say thats a death sentence. "American officials involved in this case have stated that they want to see him 'fry'.", his lawyer said. His intention hacking into these systems was for finding evidence for a UFO cover up. Which he claims he has found.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/07/30/uk.hacker.ap/index.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7532713.stm

I feel that would be a very hard sentence which he doesnt deserve. He didnt really hacked those systems, because they werent even protected by passwords, firewalls etc. Everybody with limited knowledge could access these systems with ease, he says. He even left messages there that they should protect their systems. He claims he just read and didnt erase anything like the US government claims. 60 years behind bars is too much for something like that. There have been bankers who were responsible for worldwide crashes on the financial markets and when they were caught they just got a couple of years. Thats just not right.