Best Online Documentaries

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane
For those of you interested in other things than your daily dose of commercial crap: try this for a change... 8) It's a real treasure, whatever your taste in documentaries is...

You're very lucky that this site has nothing on sexual education, or I'd have been forced to rip out my hair, seeing as right now I'm taking a short break from writing a massive paper that I only just finished the bibliography on. If i had to add one more source I was going to have to rip somebody's head off, because I am totally ready to be done with this paper! Which gives me an idea for how to drag out the effects of writing it...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Oh yeah, nice find!

Maybe it´s because of my age, but I watch a lot of documentaries. And sometimes it´s the only interesting thing which is on tv. :roll:

This is also a site with lots of documentaries which are frequently updated. Even if you´re not german tongued lots of these docus are in original dub.

Who cares at all?! :roll:

Guest Scathane
Even if you´re not german tongued lots of these docus are in original dub.
Why do you guys do that, Eagle? :roll: International documentaries or productions - unless they're meant for children - are always subtitled in the Netherlands, which leaves so much of the film maker's original intent! But you French and German speaking lot... :?

Prithee, tell... 8)

That´s indeed a good question. Since there´s television movies and documentaries from abroad always have been dubbed in german. I also don´t know since how long english is teached in schools here in germany. After the war the numbers of people who spoke english tended to zero. It would be helpfull if some movies would be aired in english, maybe with subtitles. Because I can watch that most people here do talk and write a horrible english. Since I´ve got cable television I often watched english tv shows, that helped me a lot to improve my english.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Scathane
Speaking of documentaries. Has anybody seen the one called "The Corporation". I highly recommend it.
A bit late but I have... It's a real eye opener... I would also recommend Guns, Germs and Steel and Why we fight...

Isn´t "Why we fight" the documentary with former Secretary of Defense William McNamara? I always wanted to watch it. Is it online somewhere?

Edit:

Aargh! Just remembered that those are two different documentaries. I saw "Why we fight" some while ago. That docu I´ve mentioned above has been shown on cinemas a couple of years ago and I believe it´s called "Shadows of War" if I´m right. Would love to see that docu.

• 1 month later...
Guest Scathane
I must say that Zeitgeist is a fine piece of work, although it must be said that it's rather a compilation of other works...

• 1 month later...

Ok its that date of the year again where our all thoughts are all about the victims of 9/11 and their families. One more reason to understand why these attacks happened and how they happened, to prevent us from being attacked by the same way ever again.

Interestingly enough the todays featured movie on google-video is a presentation of an organisation which consists of architects and engineers who want to force another investigation about the happenings of 9/11 and present seemingly undeniable and convincing facts about why the twin towers in New York havent brought down by the two jets which crashed into those buildings:

9/11 Blueprint for Trueth

Ok the presenter is not a showmaster you will surely recognise that. Hes just an architect. But his statements should be much more convincing than those of any kind of teenager who is talking about some conspiracy theories. The most interesting part of that presentation is IMO from the last 40 minutes on.