RIP Gary Gygax

BadSamaritan

Today, after several years of failing health, the father of the RPG passed away. Most well known for co-authoring the famous game known as Dungeons and Dragons, he also helped form TSR Inc, a well known gaming company.

Thanks to Gary, we have hundreds of different RPG systems in the world, and more being created each year. We also have many many collectable card games, such as Magic: The Gathering, Star Wars and Star Trek card games, the Pokemon card game, and a few other lesser known games.

If it were not for Mr. Gygax, roleplaying as we know it would not exist. Thank you for that, sir. And may all your dice in heaven roll High when needed, and low when needed.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Rest in peace fella, he gave us the Gelatinous cube, among lots of other things, and about my personal entertainment in the eighties

His life has had profound meaning

http://www.tribs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/b3ta/Gygax.jpg

Not mine, but to the point, he'll be rolling in his grave, I guess! :)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

What a bummer :( All I can say is: Thanks for the great times and fond memories :D

RIP Gary. Not gone, just leveling up to the next plane of adventure!

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Hadn´t first any idea of whom you are all talking about.

So rest in peace Gary! Without your created gaming-systems even other tabletop-games like those of the Warhammer series and others wouldn´t have been possible. :(

Thank you for that!

RIP Gary. Not gone, just leveling up to the next plane of adventure!

Well spoken, Tex.

Who cares at all?! :roll: