Sports

CDL_Undertaker

Well, it's almost 1:30 AM on the East Coast of the United States, and I thought a new thread on sports (might lead to a forum on sports, hint hint) would be in order.

This first thread goes out to my home team, the NY Giants, for their victory over the New England Patriots earlier tonight in Superbowl XLII, and to the Patriots fans, your team played an excellent game; take nothing away from what you've done this season.

Out of all the Superbowl games, this can be considered one of the great contests. Both teams were playing at the top of their game, and both teams played with heart uncharacteristically above and beyond the high bar they set throughout the season.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly missed the entire game. I was in the bathroom by 6:15, and woke up around 10 when everyone started going nuts when they realized the Giants were gonna win.

However, I was coherent enough for the Rangers game, where they crushed the Canadians 5-3. I was happy. Their playoff chances are looking better now that they won the last three games.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

It was an awesome Superbowl party. I must admit I was never as wasted as I was last night. Good times.

While we're on the subject of sports, what does everyone like to watch professionally? As for me, give me the NHL (National Hockey League) anyday.

My Website

My big two are Baseball and football. Got really into baseball in the late '90s, and into football through watching Penn State while at college. Basketball and hockey are sports for me to watch once in awile, and no, Rob, I'm not lying about basketball just so I can scream "FIRE ISIAH!!!" at the television.

• 2 months later...

MUAHAHAHA!!!

Im a bit late in reporting this, but the New York Rangers officially clinched a playoff spot on Saturday. The first game is this Wednesday against the hated New Jersey Devils, and I am excited!

My Website

The only kind of sports I watch on TV is soccer (which is in our country called football btw). But just when there is either the european championship or the world championship. I also watch it if there are matches country vs. country, like fe. Swiss vs. Germany about two weeks ago, which we´ve won. ;) I also watch out for the european championship this summer and hope that our team will win it again after 12 years.:D
Who cares at all?! :roll:

I also watch it if there are matches country vs. country, like fe. Swiss vs. Germany about two weeks ago, which we´ve won. ;)

I'd prefer not to discuss that match. :evil:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

• 2 weeks later...

Rivalries...part of the heart of sports, hahahahaha!!

Baseball:

Yankees - Red Sox

Yankees - Mets

Mets - Braves

Mets - Phillies

Mets - Expos (I haven't heard much about this one since the Expos became the Nationals)

White Sox - Cubs

White Sox - Tigers

US Football:

Giants - Cowboys

Giants - Eagles

Giants - Bears

Giants - 49ers

Giants - Packers

Jets - Patriots

Jets - Colts

Patriots - Colts

Ice Hockey:

Rangers - Devils

Rangers - Islanders

Basketball:

Bulls - Pistons

Spurs - Suns

Knicks - Bulls

Knicks - Celtics

Lakers - Celtics

College Sports:

Ohio State - Michigan

Alabama - Arkansas

Notre Dame - Michigan

West Virginia - Pittsburgh

Oklahoma - Texas

Kansas - Kansas State

Oklahoma - Oklahoma State

Purdue - Indiana

Michigan - Michigan State

Louisville - Kentucky

Army - Navy

USC - UCLA

USC - California

UCLA - California

Florida - Georgia

LSU - Auburn

North Carolina - Duke

Miami - Boston College

Miami - Florida State

Miami - Florida

Florida - Florida State

Iowa - Iowa State

Ok, that's all I can think of for now. Feel free to mention other rivalries

And as of right now, the Rangers are leading the best of seven playoff series 3-1 against the Devils. So far its been one heck of a series!

Edit:

Well, its done and done. The Rangers have officially advanced to the next round of the playoffs!

My Website

• 1 month later...
Yesterday the Soccer Eurocup has started, which is taking place in Swiss and Austria. The Swiss lost their center player :? and also lost the match 0:1 against the Czech Republic. After that there was a match Portugal vs. Turkey in Mad´s own city Geneva, which Portugal won 2:0.

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the Detroit Red Wings on beating the ever-living @#$% outta the Pittsburgh Penguins and winning the Stanley Cup!

Congrats to the 2007-2008 NHL Champs!!!

My Website

Yesterday the Soccer Eurocup has started, which is taking place in Swiss and Austria. The Swiss lost their center player :? and also lost the match 0:1 against the Czech Republic. After that there was a match Portugal vs. Turkey in Mad´s own city Geneva, which Portugal won 2:0.

Pity about Frei. He didn't deserve that.

The portuguese here (and they are legion) went crazy!!! I didn't.

No, he and the whole swiss team hadn´t deserved that. Allthough he was their strongest player, it could be that some hidden powers could be now released to win at least the next two upcoming matches. :)

Last evenings match Germany vs. Poland went really well. 2:0 for our team. :) It was a great and exciting match and I´m sure there´s more to come. :D

The match France vs. Romania just ended and it was quite boring and ended 0:0. The next one will start in about 30 minutes, Netherlands vs. Italy. Two soccer giants against each other. I´m exited about that match, because I feel that it could be one of the most interesting matches of the whole cup. :)

I´ve heard that there are still hard feelings especially around the older people in Hungary, because of the lost world championship against Germany. Is that still the case?

Last evenings match Netherlands vs. Italy was the most exciting in the whole championship so far. IMO the Netherlands have the strongest team of the whole contest. But everybody can have a bad day. ;)

I´ve heard that there are still hard feelings especially around the older people in Hungary, because of the lost world championship against Germany. Is that still the case?

Last evenings match Netherlands vs. Italy was the most exciting in the whole championship so far. IMO the Netherlands have the strongest team of the whole contest. But everybody can have a bad day. ;)

nah... Nobody cares about soccer anymore (we have far better results in water games), it's been weak for ages. Some old people still remember, that hungarian football was the best in the World back then, that's all. No hard feelings, I'm sure.

Was a bit surprised about the Greeks. They've played really bad, their defensive strategy... sucked :(

Ya. Since the last european championship, which they have won, the Greeks didn´t show their old class anymore.

Today Germany played versus Croatia and lost 2:1. I dunno what happened. They played so bad today it was unbelievable and almost not watchable. Let´s hope the best that they will win the game versus Austria in a couple of days. :?

Germany lost thursday´s match versus Croatia 1:2. :( They played really bad. Don´t know what was wrong. Maybe they thought it would be an easy walkthrough or something like that. :evil:

Here´s an interesting link for those who can´t watch a match on TV or rather prefer to watch it on their computer or are somewhere else and able to go online with their notebook:

http://sport.ard.de/euro2008/euro_live/livestreams/index.jsp

It´s live streaming of whole of the matches!!

It has a quite good quality.

Here I will explain some of the words. At first all times are CET. So 18.00 Uhr means 6.00 pm (5.00 pm in UK and 12.00 am EST). 20.45 Uhr is than of course 8.45 pm (7.45 pm in UK and 2.45 pm EST).

Gruppe = Group

Schweiz = Swiss

Tschechien = Czech Republic

Portugal = uhm, Portugal ;)

Türkei = Turkey

Österreich = Austria

Kroatien = Croatia

Deutschland = Germany (yeah! :) )

Polen = Poland

Rumänien = Romania

Frankreich = France

Niederlande = Netherlands

Italien = Italy

Spanien = Spain

Russland = Russia

Griechenland = Greece

Schweden = Sweden

There you go! Have fun! 8)

I watched Holland vs France yesterday. It was a brilliant match and Holland played amazingly ending Holland 4 and France 1.

Since the begining of the Euro the Dutch have beaten all their opponents by 3 points. 8O

He he, the Swiss beat Portugal with 2:0! :twisted: But still have to leave the championship. :(

Just watching Germany vs. Austria right now! GO, GERMANY,GO!!! :D :D

Germany won 1:0. But it wasn´t a very good game IMO. It was like "oh, we´re supposed to win this. So let´s shoot a goal". If they do play like that on thursday vs. Portugal they are out of the race. :?

Yeah, I also don´t care if either Italy or France wins. Both teams played so bad it was just sad.

Like you´ve just mentioned before, the dutch team has always won every match so far. They seem to be the strongest teams, followed by Portugal, Germany (if they have a good day :? ) and than Spain and Sweden.

Well still:

Go, Germany, Go!