The Resolution Revolution

DarthTofu

Can I Count on your full Participation?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Can I Count on your full Participation?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but I'll still try to convince people to give it a go.

Here's the deal: I'm hosting a new type of resolution. Screw the boring old ones, the ones where you swear to lose weight or to exercise more regularly- they're just dumb, and they take work, something that no one is fond of except for the Amish and the voices in our heads.

This new resolution requires one night's simple work: Shaving. Then you don't. For the rest of the year. I've started this on Facebook already, and I've invited 38 people, a few of whom are already members of the boards. Most everyone here is a guy- DinoChick was an exception, but she hardly ever shows up anymore, so I'm not really including her... And Thumper was a lurker at best.

Anyway, for one year none of us will shave, none of us will trim, none of us will even consider coming near our jaw and sideburns with the intension to cut the hair. I don't care if you can grow a full beard or if it's going to come in in patchy clumps like mine is; hell, I don't care if it's even visible at the end of a year! The important thing is that a minute or two before midnight you and any friends you can find clink razors together and shave, count down a Happy New Year, and then lock that razor away for 366 days (It's a leap year). Then, on the first of every month, upload a picture of yourself with your new beard progressions to the board. A before picture would be nice as well, one from the 31st just after shaving if you can manage it, or just early on in the process if you can't. I already have one friend on board, and we're working to bring others on as well.

Invite anyone and everyone who wants to join up to join you in your beard growing as well. No wimping out if you join, though- we have Bearded Ninjas (Actually genetically altered Pirate-Ninja babies) that will hunt you down if you violate your vows at any point in 2008 with your shaving habits.

This has potential- it could grow into a nation-wide trend eventually. Anyone from 10 to on-the-verge-of-death can join up on this boat, provided they fulfill two simple condition: 1) They must have shaved at least once in their life, and it has to have been because they needed to, not because they stole daddy's razor. 2) They have to follow the above mentioned rules. Simple and easy.

Join the Resolution Revolution!

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I´ll never join you!"

This could be only the idea of someone who is still in his teenages and has no beard yet. I´ve got a very strong beard and have to shave myself at least once a day and this takes up to 10 minutes each time. But I still prefer shaving myself instead of wearing a beard. ;)

Who cares at all?! :roll:

I cannot join you for the following reasons:

1) A beard doesn't suit me.

2) I find beards uncomfortable.

3) I don't like ZZ Top.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

If I didn't keep my beard trimmed and in nice shape, the misses would kill me. That would be bad.

Kill her first, then...

SublimKinal meIssagLes? What sublimLinal mHessEagesR?

I have six people signed up to do it in Florida, so nah nah na nah nah. I got the idea from someone who decided to follow the Bible for a year, which apparently entailed no trimming of his hair in any way, shape, or form. Come the end he looked like he had an afro growing out of his head in a full circle. It was kinda sweet looking.

12/14/07

If I didn't keep my beard trimmed and in nice shape, the misses would kill me. That would be bad.

Kill her first, then...

Meh, you know women. Cant live with 'em, cant live without 'em.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Kill her first, then...

Meh, you know women. Cant live with 'em, cant live without 'em.

They can't live, period....

8O *Glances about* 8O

12/14/07

Hmm, for a whole year? No, not for me - beards are annoying for a whole lotta reasons (itchy, get caught on things, get caught in things, gets caught on clothing, ingrown hairs, food trap, annoying to wash etc.). A month, a month I'd think about - and that'd be either during the winter here or December for New Years.

So, here's the best place for it! Happy New YEAR!!!! Enjoy celebrating in 2008 people! Have fun, and drink responsibly. :wink:

I had a blast with my little shin dig ... and I'm still awake ... and it's now been 32 hours since I was sleeping last.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Agreed Krytos... Tofu, you're what, 16-17? That clumpy peach fuzz you would call a beard is laughable, please send me a picture at one year of growth.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

I have a substantial beard already, and that gives me enough trouble at work. Besides, I need to shave my neck and the top of my cheeks to keep up my sex-appeal. :roll: I'll participate as far as I can, but if nothing else prevents me, I'll likely have a beard for the whole year one way or another anyway.

Agreed Krytos... Tofu, you're what, 16-17? That clumpy peach fuzz you would call a beard is laughable, please send me a picture at one year of growth.

It may grow slowly, but it's transcended peach fuzz to actual stubble, thanks.

BTW: You forgot a comma and you used a comma where you should have used a semicolon. Grammar BEAK!

12/14/07

Dont give a flying fuck Tofu... I was never an English major.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

I have a full beard, but am not willing to shave it off to start anew. Krytos is right, the long beard will get stuck in the strangest things. I trimmed mine back last June to earn major points with my wife, but had let it grow out for a full year prior. I was braiding it and kinda liked it, but she would give me funny looks every time I'd gloat on it.

I may be moving into the mountains very soon, however, and what with the Hobbit movies on track I might have to go for it once more. I figure with two years I could have a mighty dwarven beard! Barring unfortunate accidents, of course.

Good luck, young Tofu!

I can't i'm afraid due to work.

I have to keep it trimmed and neat.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

I have a full beard, but am not willing to shave it off to start anew. Krytos is right, the long beard will get stuck in the strangest things. I trimmed mine back last June to earn major points with my wife, but had let it grow out for a full year prior. I was braiding it and kinda liked it, but she would give me funny looks every time I'd gloat on it.

I may be moving into the mountains very soon, however, and what with the Hobbit movies on track I might have to go for it once more. I figure with two years I could have a mighty dwarven beard! Barring unfortunate accidents, of course.

Good luck, young Tofu!

Why is it that women hate beards so much? They're freaking awesome, and you can't make fun of a guy with an awesome enough beard- it's just impossible to!

Take the Vikings, for instance- they had lots of beards. They kicked everyone's asses. Nobody has ever conquered Russia. What's still popular in Russia? The beard! Who had a bigger beard, Grant or Lee? Grant. Who won? Grant! Who controlled the Railroads in America? Cornellius Vanderbuilt (sp?) What'd he have? Six-inch-long muttonchops! History favors people with beards!

Edited by DarthTofu

12/14/07

Grant's beard.

Lee's beard.

I'm leaning toward Grant, here. And for the record, Grant did win. It might have been primarily through superior numbers and a better economic structure and the ability to get troops and war material to the front lines quicker due to a far greater number of railroads in the North than the South, but the important thing is that he won and had a beard.

12/14/07

• 3 weeks later...
Wish I could but after 3 months I look like a werewolf and invariably wind up itching like one too. that and it's not popular with the wife and kids. even my 4 year old daughter tells me to shave after 3 months!!!!!

Grant's beard.

Lee's beard.

I'm leaning toward Grant, here. And for the record, Grant did win. It might have been primarily through superior numbers and a better economic structure and the ability to get troops and war material to the front lines quicker due to a far greater number of railroads in the North than the South, but the important thing is that he won and had a beard.

Tofu, that's a photo of Lee after the Civil War. How about one during the war. :roll:

Sadly, I have to say, in most instances in history, the unshaven fellow loses against the more shaven one. Hannibal lost to Scipio, Vercigetorix to Caesar, the Tsar to Lenin. I could go on, but it's really not that important. :roll:

Stalin kicked Hitler's butt in Russia. Stalin's mustache trumped Hitler's by about twenty points. Did Napoleon have a beard? No. Did he get beaten? Yeah.

Do the Iraqis have bear- wait a minute, bad example. :roll:

It has indeed started to appear. For some reason my chin has far darker growth than anywhere else, but it's all coming in at almost the same rate. Come the beginning of February I'll post a "before" and "after" pic. I have a video of the shaving from New Year's eve with myself and my friend. I'll upload it to YouTube when I get my video camera back from a friend and have time to upload it.

12/14/07

• 4 weeks later...