Finals

Darth_Rob

How will you do on your finals/midterms this semester?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How will you do on your finals/midterms this semester?

• Im gonna ace them all! I know my stuff
    • I'll do pretty good. Ive been cramming all week.
    • I hope I do ok...
    • I dont give a darn about finals. Ill fail them all.
    • I not currently in school, so ha-ha to everyone who is

Well, my first two for this semester are today. I have Colonial Latin America at 8 and Microeconomics at 2. Those two will be cake, since they both allowed outlines of the essays to be brought in for the final.

The real challenge will be tomorrow, when I take my Tsarist Russia final. I'll be spending all today pretty much burying myself in Russian notes and books. But, after Im done with that final tomorrow, I pack up and head on home for the break!

Also, I get my research paper back today. The professor ended up canceling the final due to snow (it was on Monday). The final was supposed to be a 20-minute presentation, which I gave last week. So a few lucky bums who didn't give their presentation last week were able to weasel out of giving one, and just had to type up a one-page outline of what they would have said.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

My first one today was a snap. He had given us a bank of four essays to study on, and the two he chose for the exam were the two I was most comfortable with. I got back here at 8:45am, and have since been working on writing up a study guide for Tsarist Russia (a lot of information is needed for that final).

My Website

I was fortunate that all of my finals were pretty simple and pretty spread out. My Advanced Penetration Testing and Linux/Windows Forensics classes were just large projects to be completed over a week's time, and my Security Architecture and Firewalls tests were in-class, three hour practicals.

Now I get to sit back and enjoy the three weeks I have off... until I have to begin working on my semester-long project.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Christ, I forgot to make a second project to Electronic Document Preparation class (Electronic Publishing)! And I thought I could finally get some sleep, damn.

Otherwise some of my finals ended up quite well (Digital Image Processing), others did not (Algebra :() And I already passed (at least I hope so) my first exam today (IT Security).

Well, I'm off to do some LaTeX voodoo :twisted:

-rebellion2 enthusiast-

Terra Reconstructed

Half easy, half impossibly difficult for me.

I took my "not exam" in Latin this week (I believe I mentioned that, officially speaking, we take exams in January for stupid reasons) and it was rather tough- I don't know the subjunctive case as well as I should. Fortunately that wasn't the exam grade- rather, the exam is exactly the same as that test, and we get our answers to go over and correct in between now and then. It should be pretty easy.

AP Chemistry, however, was and will be a bitch. Cramming in Physics combined with overall studying wasn't enough for the multiple choice problems. Forty problems, twenty of which require calculations, fifty minutes, no calculators allowed. Not fun- I had to guess on three or four of them. I take the essay question portion tomorrow, which I do get a calculator for, which should help a lot considering I don't enjoy doing long division with numbers like .0821 (Gas constant in atm. per liter) or 6.022 x 10^23 (Avagadro's number).

AP US History promises to be a pain, as we have 281 vocab words that we defined for a study guide to memorize for a 200 question test wherein some has been promised as fill-in-the-blank.

AP English will be equally difficult; this woman is brilliant, but she expects high school students to operate on her level. Not all of us intrinsically know what the hell words like "somnambulance" mean (Sleep walking), nor are we graced with the ability to determine why Gatsby is so infatuated with a green light before we finish reading the book.

Physics should be a breeze (It's all concept stuff, and I own at Physics), Pre-Calc promises to be challenging, but doable considering I have the highest grade for juniors in my period.

*Glances up* Wow, that was kind of a lot...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

That sounds like quite the courseload there Tofu. I feel bad complaining about my three exams now...

I have been studying for my tsarist Russian exam since 9am, and it is now 8pm. It is going rough. For some reason, it seems I havent retained a lot of the information this second half of the semester (I aced the mid-term). I blame my research paper for taking up so much of my time and attention.

My Website

That sounds like quite the courseload there Tofu. I feel bad complaining about my three exams now...

I have been studying for my tsarist Russian exam since 9am, and it is now 8pm. It is going rough. For some reason, it seems I havent retained a lot of the information this second half of the semester (I aced the mid-term). I blame my research paper for taking up so much of my time and attention.

I have more exams, yes, but these are in high school; yes, they're supposedly college level, but I only need a 3 (A "C") on the AP Test, which I'm not taking, to get the college credit. My classes aren't nearly as difficult as yours; I'll bet money on that!

12/14/07

God i was dreadful when it came to revising in past years. I could never get focused, and never really paid attention in class.

Ah well, now i just have to work all the time but don't take any exams. Money is a wonderful incentive!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

I'll put it this way, I'm afraid to look at my grades for the semester so I have no idea what I made so far. :lol:

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Well I am done. I think I did decently on my Russian final. I had forgotten the names of certain documents that I mentioned, so I will get points off for that. Overall, I think I will get a B on the final, when averaged in with my A on the midterm and A on the paper, I should get A- to a B+, though Im hoping for the A.

My Website

I got the multiple choice results for my AP Chem back today. We had five "stars," which basically means that the question is counted as correct where we use them, and considering that the test was only 40 questions long, those helped a lot.

I got 30 out of 40 correct. A fair number of people scored in that range, and it was the best anyone did on the exam. Stinking lack of calculators... For the essay portion I know I aced both essay questions, but I'm a bit concerned about the three reactions I had to write- I'm not positive about them, though I'm pretty sure I did them well. When the example problem makes you catch an error, though, it kills confidense.

Got an 83% on my "not-exam" in Latin II, but as the name implies, it isn't the exam; rather, the exam is the exact same test, taken later, with the original test being returned to us so we can revise it. Wootang.

12/14/07