Procrastination - Official Guide to... [Poll]

budious

How often do you procrastinate?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you procrastinate?

• Procrastination - What's that?
    • Procrastination - Just enough to keep the cows home.
    • Procrastinator - From Dawn to Dusk
    • Procrastinator - From Dawn to Dusk to Dawn Again
    • Habitual Procrastinator - I get paid to do it.
    • Habitual Procrastinator - I wish I got paid to do it.

Hello, my name is Budious, and I am a habitual procrastinator.

It all started about pre-K when I was suppose get dressed for school and could not leave the Smurfs to make it to the bus on time... ever since I have been afflicted with this terrible disease. I am looking for an unofficial support group that can procrastinate together when we find ourselves procrastinating... proficinados and mild to moderate procrastinators need not apply. Whats your take on procrastination?

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Whats your take on procrastination?

I'll get back to you on that :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

i was gonna answer this thread earlier... but i procrastinated.... :D

seriously... i did.

anyway.. yea.. when it comes to anything (except work) i procrastinate.. its kinda ridiculous...

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

I'm a rather large procrastinator, unfortunately. Occasionally I will have the foresight to do something in advance (Usually a "fun" assignment) but in general, I fall into the last category. Take the other day, for instance: Wednesday night I had a mountain of chem (2 weeks' worth of work that I'd completed about half of) and full knowledge that I'd be losing a good three hours of after-school time Thursday night due to a CPR course I had to take at the school for Life Management Skills.

I was suffering from a certain amount of insomnia (I have three AP classes; homework leaves little time for physical activity) and was still awake come 11:30. What do I do? I reach for my Chemistry book, and on the way, spot the Latin-to-English dictionary handed down from my father to me. I translated most of the trailer of 300 into Latin, the line "Hello, my name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die," and "It's one hundred and six miles to Chicago. We have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes (Cinder sticks in my translation), it's dark, and we're wearing sun glasses (Glasses of the sun)." "Hit it." into Latin.

I had 117% average in Latin II before I even did these translations. I have an 88% in AP Chemistry. Latin II > AP Chemistry in my book.

... Took me the better part of three hours to finish that Chem last night... Also, right now I should really be working on one of the eight assignments I have to finish for Florida Virtual School by the 14th. I, of course, am typing away on the forums about procrastination at this time, with all of one part of a twenty-part assignment done. :roll:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Sometimes I can struggle against it...

Like now. I was going to post later but then forced myself with a great deal of intentional concentration to go post.

THERE! Done! Now I dont have to do it later. *whew*

I'm a HUGE procrastinator. Doing homework the night before/day of has become habit (and not a good one). It's definitely a cause of stress for me. Occasionally I fight it and win, but those are rare.

I'll be sure to vote in the poll later. I'm doing something else right now.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I think I've got you all trumped at the moment. I found out about an assignment for my Into to Experimental Psychology class a week and a half before it was due. When did I start it? Five minutes before that class started the day it was due. I did it on my computer. When the assignment was finished I had to submit it online. Before I could allow myself to do that I had to check my email and Facebook.

Even now I should be packing up my computer so as to walk to class and get there on time, yet what am I doing? Wasting time on the forum, of course!

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Wow man, that's some serious procrastination.... I don't have a basis of comparison though... cuz.. i was too much of a worrier to put off school work... but man.. if you're putting it off that much.. you definately have me beat..

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Argh... I just posted so much animated lego stuff in the randomness thread... don't let it be a waste of my time, go watch them. Back to trying to get Windows 2008 Server Network Policy Server to authenticate my wireless access point logins.

Edit: Nevermind... I had to watch Circle Circle Dot Dot like five more times...

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy