Drinks

Darth_Rob

What is your favorite type of alcoholic drink?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite type of alcoholic drink?

• Beer/ Ale
    • Wine/ Champagne
    • Hard Liquor Shots
    • Mixed Drinks
    • Malt Beverages (like Hard Lemonade/ Smirnoff, etc)
    • I don't like to drink

Here's an interesting discussion. What is everyone's type of alcoholic drink?

I was on a Captain Morgan Rum & Coke kick for awhile, but I've calmed down from that. Im sticking with wine from now on. I want to steer away from the soft drinks...

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as I'm still the only member under 21, I'm the (probably) only one who clicked "I don't like to drink." I've never cared for alcohol in the first place, thus it really isn't a loss for me that I'm not able to drink...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I'm 50/50 on Beer/Vodka diet.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Hey Rob, where's the button for "moonshine"? That'll make men out of a bunch of you young whipper-snappers! :P:lol:
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

moonshine doubles as engine cleaner... i'd hate to think what it's done to my insides and I've only drank it on a few occassions... I'll pass on it :)

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

Generally I stick to a few pints, unless it's a special occasion in which case I've been known to do a few shots (I'm hoping the pictures from my birthday don't appear on Facebook any time soon :roll: ). I have been known to have a "Double J" from time to time (Blue Carocco, Raspberry Sour Puss and Sprite).

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I am from Germany ... need I say more? 8)

Oh, I do?!

Well, not only was my school very near to a brewery making us pupils smell that stuff (...beer...) all day, but that same town also has a fountain in which they put beer for three days a year for a big public party :)

For those who don't believe me (AND speak German), eat this:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bierbrunnenfest

cu there :)

Asteroids do not concern me...

How many people pee in the beer fountain and how many people don't care and drink out of it anyways?

Well, to make a rather long story short:

After some incidents with about 200 punks about ten years ago, the fountain is now 'guarded' and you cannot take the beer out yourself. You could for years but that's over. You get some fresh beer - but not taken from the fountain. That's just for the looks of it nowadays ;)

Asteroids do not concern me...

Never tried the stuff Mad.

I hate beer. Over the years, I have tried different brands, but I can never find one that wants to go down. They are all just so gross.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

What can you expect with american beers! Come to Switzerland some time so i can show you what real beer is. :wink:

I can vouch for that! :D Basically Swiss & German beers (draft NOT bottled) and probably many others, don't have chemical preservatives in them. They're not made to last long, aka sit on a shelf for months on end. Therefore, they don't have the bitter taste (or not nearly as bitter) as American beers. They are made to be consumed in a relatively short period of time. I remember drinking 2 liters of draft beer for dinner one night in Basel, and before bed had one large glass of water; the next morning ... no hang over! Great stuff!

Also, great beer in Germany (I also like Black Forest cake :D ).

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

i just put beer because really.. its my favorite because its easy.. you buy a six pack (or 18 pack.. or whatever) and you're ready.. no mixing, no messing with shot glasses.. nothing... however when i go to the bar.. i generally only do shots and mixed drinks.. with an occasional beer... and Mad.. I've tried Absinthe and I'll say its very good.. however don't expect me to go mixing it with laudanum or anything.. (which I'm surprised they didnt mention that people used to do that, thus have an opium trip.. thus the fear of Absinthe being an hallucinogenic..)

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

Wait. You have beer in Switzerland?! I thought beer was Eagle and Verdex's thing...

It is, Rob, it is. Some breweries in switzerland produce beer of german standard, the Feldschloessli Brewerie for example, which I´d visited once. But there are lots of other swiss breweries, which use chemicals. :? Czech beer also belongs to the best.

@Verdex

That sounds great!!! :D

@Tex

Oh, yeah! Black Forest Cakes, mmmh! My uncle made the best back in the days before he retired.

On topic:

If there´s a need to drink something alcoholic than it has to be ( who wonders ;) ) beer in my case. There were also times when I enjoyed Whisky, Tequilla and Vodka. But these times are over. To be honest there were some occassions where I recognised that I had to stop drinking too much or I would have been addicted. Nowadays I rarely drink something.

Who cares at all?! :roll:

eh i really dont care for beer either, most of the stuff i tried was bitter and I really had to force it down... except for this time i had stella artois with some pizza that was good.

Anyways, I prefer G&T to be honest (Gin and Tonic). just have to be careful its strong stuff :P

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/hfahfhfzc.jpg

Yay my last post made me a corporal

That little button that says "Edit" can be used to change stuff that you wrote in the post. It eliminates the need to double post. :wink: You aren't bad about spamming, though, so I'll not go on with the whole tirade we reserve for double-posters.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Back before I had kidney failure (and dialysis treatments) I drank Old Bushmills Irish Whiskey all of the time. Nowdays I only drink Lipton iced tea. Those were the days boys. - Grand Moff Conway

Beer/ Ale, and non-exports for me these days. Whilst I drink alot of the stuff in the evening, I actually hate being completely 'drunk' and so avoid the stronger Beers. Never been good with spirits given I tend to 'guzzle' and thus can't pace myself.

Wine/ Champagne at Christmas :)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif