Sleep

Darth_Rob

How many hours of sleep do you get per night?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours of sleep do you get per night?

• Eight or more
    • Less than eight

You will acutally live longer if you restrict yourself to 5-7 hours of sleep each night, any more than that and you're over sleeping (or so I was told by Quite Interesting, and when has Steven Fry ever lied to me?0.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I've heard that, too, GAT, and am trying to do that now that I'm on campus... It's working out okay so far.

I also heard that you will have more time in your day if you sleep for something like two or three hours and are awake for five to six (roughly double what you sleep). No, wait, that doesn't sound right... :? Well, whatever it was, Leonardo da Vinci did it.

Personally, I agree. I think the more a person sleeps, the more time he wastes. Thus, less sleep is awesome.
Except medically it is necessary in order to "organize" (or, more appropriately, forget) the more trivial matters and memories. Less sleep in the long run actually kills brain cells because it overwhelms them with memory without energy and eventually you will have memory-loss on an increasingly larger scale. I agree, though, sleeping too much is unhealthy, if only lazy. :roll:

Ah, but at the same time, if you over-charge a battery, it will explode and leak acid all over the place. Do you want your brain cells and cranial fluid spewing all over the place?!

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Ah, but at the same time, if you over-charge a battery, it will explode and leak acid all over the place. Do you want your brain cells and cranial fluid spewing all over the place?!
...I think you should learn to read: :roll:

I agree, though, sleeping too much is unhealthy

:roll::roll::roll:

I was just saying that sleep is a lose/lose situation. If you dont sleep enough, you lose brain cells. If you sleep too much, your brain is transformed into a steaming pile of goo. Either way, your brain is a goner.

My Website

I also heard that you will have more time in your day if you sleep for something like two or three hours and are awake for five to six (roughly double what you sleep). No, wait, that doesn't sound right... :? Well, whatever it was, Leonardo da Vinci did it.

Yeah, but Leonardo da Vinci is dead :P:lol:

I was just saying that sleep is a lose/lose situation. If you dont sleep enough, you lose brain cells. If you sleep too much, your brain is transformed into a steaming pile of goo. Either way, your brain is a goner.

Just like Leonardo da Vinci! :P

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Yeah, but Leonardo da Vinci is dead :P:lol:

Just like Leonardo da Vinci! :P

Most people tend to die after a half-millennium, yourself aside.

Most people tend to die after a half-millennium, yourself aside.

He's an Immortal!!! THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!

-thus said, Darth Rob embarked on a mission to the dry depths of the Lone Star State in order to steal Darth Tex's Quickening...

My Website

Highlander referances? Come now, good people!

Lately I've been getting around seven hours of sleep. My watch has three alarms, an occasion reminder, and a timer, thus five alarms, plus I have an alarm clock, and I wind up using them all on most days. :roll:

I have an alarm go off at 6:30 to wake me up just so that I can shut it off, the theory being that, when I immediately roll over back to sleep, I won't enter REM again, and will wake up less tired. I dunno if it works or not, because I have a third alarm for 7:05, because I usually ignore the 7:00 alarm. :roll:

EDIT: (Reply to Morindibus to avoid posting again so soon): Oh, yeah, my alarm clock is currently held together in part by Silly Putty. Yes, you read that correctly: Silly Putty. The front end fell off.

Edited by DarthTofu

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Lately I've been getting around seven hours of sleep. My watch has three alarms, and occassion reminder, and a timer, thus five alarms, plus I have an alarm clock, and I wind up using them all on most days. :roll:

Heh, I used to have three alarm clocks too, but they became victims of my bad mornings :twisted:

-rebellion2 enthusiast-

Terra Reconstructed

Highlander referances? Come now, good people!

Lately I've been getting around seven hours of sleep. My watch has three alarms, and occassion reminder, and a timer, thus five alarms, plus I have an alarm clock, and I wind up using them all on most days. :roll:

I have an alarm go off at 6:30 to wake me up just so that I can shut it off, the theory being that, when I immidiately roll over back to sleep, I won't enter REM again, and will wake up less tired. I dunno if it works or not, because I have a third alarm for 7:05, because I usually ignore the 7:00 alarm. :roll:

8O

Stop copying me, Tofu... In another creepy instance of Tofu-SOCL likeness, I do precisely that with the exact same theory... 8O