Online Poker

Darth_Rob

Who wants to play online poker.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants to play online poker.

• I do! Count me in.
    • Maybe, if some others will drag me into it.
    • Nah. I wouldn't want to.

I just had this stroke of genius.

As a way of bringing the community together and what not, I suggest that we find a cool free online poker website, join up, and play each other and whatnot.

I used to use one site called Doyles Room, or something like that, but it ended up removing the free poker section, so its all real gambling now (something I refuse to do, unless Im in Vegas). I used to play over MSN also, but it takes forever to load up, and is tough to get connected with friends. So I think I will go about and find a new site that offers free online poker in a decent format.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Sounds funny to me, if it would be for free. :D

The only thing which would be hard is the time difference between our continents. :? Also I haven´t played Poker since the late 80s. :oops:

Who cares at all?! :roll:

I used to use carbon poker. That one used play money.

Hereis a link to it. I think this is a good bet. I deleted my account, so I'll have to re-install the software. But I think this will be a lot of fun, if a few of us get into it. I'll post my username after I download it.

My Website

Alright, cool. When do we play, and what will our screen names be if we find that ours are taken? I've apparently made "DarthTofu" a popular screen name, as in a couple of the places I've been it's been blanked out.

If I can't use my forum name, check for me under "Lesser God"/ "Lesser_God"/"LesserGod." I kinda like that name. If that doesn't work, I'll go with some form of Krassus Ordo, my dude from the RP.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

What I was thinking of doing is that as each of us finalizes our accounts with the screen name, I'll edit my first post to include a listing of them all, so its easy to see who is who and find each other.

My Website

What about adding a "SWR" infront of our nicknames? Would make it easier to identify us. In my case it will be very hard though my name isn´t very unique, ahem. :roll::oops:

I like that idea, Eagle. Since Mad has already signed up, we'll know to look for that specific name, but with everyone else we can just type in "SWR" and the search should automatically show us everyone who's online. Simple! :D

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

The only problem is that I am not seeing a search option for players names. Maybe once you add a player contact it will be easier to find someone.

Edit:

Done and done. In the bottom left corner, there is a window that reads my games/contacts. Under the contacts tab, just type in the screen name, and that person is now easy to find. I already added Mad.

My Website

The site is carbonpoker.com.

User name would follow with SWR in front. For example, mine is SWRDarthRob (there are no spaces or _ allowed in user names).

My Website

• 1 month later...

Sorry, guys, I haven´t signed up yet. The main reason is, because of the time-difference and I guess that I won´t have the chance to have a nice match with you all. :(

But what I wanted to write down here is I´ve read something a couple of days ago about the use of poker-bots in online-matches and that some players, who first had a play-money account, won much too easy and after that they have been offered an account to play with real money. The first rounds went quite well for them, but after that they started to loose all the time. One reason is of course the companies who run those poker-sites and another reason is the use of bots in games.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money-savers/article.html?in_article_id=405335&in_page_id=5

It´s also said that the accounts of some players, who won lots of money without using any bots, have been closed immediately by claiming that they had cheated in game. The won money is also lost in such a case.

It looks like that related forums are full with threads about that topic. So if you will ever think about creating an account to play for real money, just think twice.