Paper Bags..

Jahled

... Sadly, not many people seem inclined to purchase a single, multi-use water bottle and simply refill it with refreshing water from the tap...

Although that is a good idea, one must be aware of all the facts. The local news here did a story on people who "re-used" their water bottles for their "tap", "fountain" or "home filtered" water to drink. The problem was that after a couple of uses, the bottles had more bacteria on them than a toilet! Bottom line: wash and clean your bottles between uses (hot and soapy water at a minimum)! :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

... Sadly, not many people seem inclined to purchase a single, multi-use water bottle and simply refill it with refreshing water from the tap...

Although that is a good idea, one must be aware of all the facts. The local news here did a story on people who "re-used" their water bottles for their "tap", "fountain" or "home filtered" water to drink. The problem was that after a couple of uses, the bottles had more bacteria on them than a toilet! Bottom line: wash and clean your bottles between uses (hot and soapy water at a minimum)! :wink:

8O And once again, Tex teaches me something new. Somehow I didn't--I mean, that's not to say I don't wash my water bottles! I do! Just somehow I hadn't thought any further... :oops:

In my part of upstate NY many grocery stores still offer the choice between paper and plastic , though they prefer to use plastic unfortunately. I always ask for paper there, at the plastic only places like Walmart or Staples I take plastic and use them for Garbage bags for stuff like cat poo ect. As for other things our areas have general recycling of paper, plastic, glass, metal and we put our bins out for the trucks that come to collect the stuff every week.- Grand Moff Conway

The problem was that after a couple of uses, the bottles had more bacteria on them than a toilet! Bottom line: wash and clean your bottles between uses (hot and soapy water at a minimum)! :wink:

Very true Tex, very true.. just make sure you really really really rinse out that bottle (not many people realize plastic is somewhat absorbant..), I've had some soapy water before.. not very thirst quenching.. haha.. but uh.. back to paper vs. plastic i think americans only carry paper bags in their movies since its hollywood, and "they dont want to set a bad example"... :roll: at least with somethings.. but there are those plastic bags that are biodegradable now.. ive seen them at the park.. for "doggy litter" so to speak... but the park of course requests kindly that the bags are NOT left on the ground, rather in the trash.. but.. some people.. :roll: anyways.. are those bags now used at grocery stores? cuz, it doesnt seem so.. just comparing the physical properties ive observed.. it doesnt seem to me they are..

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

I wish I could find those bio-degradable bags at the store, but everywhere I search I can't find them. My neighbor has a dog and uses her for "fertalizer" if you catch my drift, but she really likes our yard better. While he's pretty good about coming over with a shovel and nabbing anything she left behind, it's hard to get everything, and you really don't want to run over a pile of dog crap with the lawn mower.

I would just use my own shovel, but unfortunately the handle on that broke in two after about ten years in service to the house I live in, and it hasn't been replaced yet...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I wish I could find those bio-degradable bags at the store, but everywhere I search I can't find them.

I was just thinking something along these lines. They seem to have been quite fashionable back in the nineties, but I haven't been given shopping of any sort in a bio-degradable plastic bag for what seems like years. Not cost effective to buy for retailers perhaps? I genuinely don't know.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif