Harry Potter Deaths Poll (Huge Spoilers)

DarthTofu

Whose Death Surprised You the Most?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Whose Death Surprised You the Most?

• Tonks
    • Lupin
    • Snape
    • Collin Creevy
    • Hedwig
    • Fred Weasley
    • Mad Eye Moody
    • Bathilda Bagshot
    • Voldemort
    • Dobby
    • Bellatrix

Whose death surprised/saddened you the most in the new book? I didn't want to ruin Rob's discussion, hence this thread.

I think everyone already knows whose death shocked me the most.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Don't they all have kids and live happily ever after... ? Later, a homosexual Harry emerges opposite of Bewitched star, Samantha!

I'm piss drunk, what did you want me to say, so long Snape!

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

I saw a couple of the movies so far. Really not all that interested in the whole thing. (Prefer LOTR.)

Glad that Dobby bought it though. Didn't care for the character in the movie where he first appeared.

I was sad for Hedwig. The death of Dobby, Tonks and Lupin amazed me ever so slightly. I also didn't expect so many Hogwarts students to die.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Yeah, there were a lot of deaths in this book, and a lot of them were relatively major characters. Fred, Lupin, Tonks...they were all sad. But to me, it was Mad Eye's death. It was very early in the book, and he was the first of a long list of characters who die. I think when he died, I said to myself, "wow, she isn't fooling around in this book." His death paved the way for everyone else to die, so when other characters passed, it was kind of expected, as I said, "well, if she killed Mad Eye, then she can kill off pretty much anyone." And to further that belief, she had Hedwig killed moments after Mad Eye. This innocent owl had to bite the bullet.

The deaths of Snape and Voldemort did not shock me in the least. I expected them to both kick the bucket in this story.

@Tofu: You forgot Nagini. If you're gonna pop Bathilda's name up there, you gotta throw in Nagini too.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Glad that Dobby bought it though. Didn't care for the character in the movie where he first appeared.

I liked Dobby! :evil: His death hit close to the heart for me :cry:

Mad Eye, Fred, Lupin and Tonks were surprises. I expected Voldemort, Snape & Bellatrix to get in the end. But the others? They're all like "red shirts" from Star Trek :roll: . How come you didn't add Crabbe to the list Tofu?. I didn't even think he was going to be in the book at all. He also seemed to grow a backbone with his "revised" relationship with Draco.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Hehe- I suppose that if I'm going to add one or two minor character deaths, I'll have to add them all, won't I? Should I have tacked the rest of the horcruxes on as well? :wink:

I fully expected Snape to kick the bucket, but I expected him to die as this great hero with his cruelty and such as part of a master plan, such as how Harry lived with Dursleys and Figg was mean to him so that she could ensure that he was alright.

When he died as a sort of anti-hero, protecting Harry only because he was the son of Lily Evans, you get the feel that, while he's certainly brave, certainly devoted, certainly crucial to everything, he's really not that good of a guy.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Hehe- I suppose that if I'm going to add one or two minor character deaths, I'll have to add them all, won't I?

I think that list would almost take a whole page by itself :lol:

When he [snape] died as a sort of anti-hero, protecting Harry only because he was the son of Lily Evans, you get the feel that, while he's certainly brave, certainly devoted, certainly crucial to everything, he's really not that good of a guy.

I'd say you pegged that one Tofu :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

When he [snape] died as a sort of anti-hero, protecting Harry only because he was the son of Lily Evans, you get the feel that, while he's certainly brave, certainly devoted, certainly crucial to everything, he's really not that good of a guy.

I'd say you pegged that one Tofu :wink:

Yeah, he's more of a stalker. It adds to his creepiness factor.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I just saw few Potter movies with czech dubbing, so I don't recognize half of the names :D but I'm surprised that the list is so long. It reminds of the last book it The Witcher series (Andrzej Sapkowski - Wiezdmin), where Sapkowski slowly finishes off almost every major character in the story including Geralt himself. But Wiedzmin is fantasy for mature audience, whilst Harry Potter is supposed to be read by kids. Chmm...

-rebellion2 enthusiast-

Terra Reconstructed