Future Best Games Ever

Venix

Homeworld 2

Master of Orion 3

Imperium Galactica 3

Haegemonia

TES: Tribunal

I love Space Empire Building games, like MOO or IG. If you know any, pleez share :)

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Venix

The Rankless-One

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When's IG3 coming out? They needed to fix some serious damn issues if it's to be a winner.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Guest JediIgor

Hmm, you definitely forgot some games... definitely..

Doom III

Quake IV

Duke Nukem Forever

Half-Life 2

Counter-Strike 2

Elite Force 2

Rebellion 2

StarCraft 2

Galaxies Online

Knights of the Old Republic

(insert name for the next xvt/xwa game here)

Dark Forces IV

The list goes on.. Haegemonia looks nice from the screenshots ... wanna tell me more about it? :D

Dude, FPS suck.

KotOR is going to suck big time ( x-box port stuff )

There wont be a new XvT / XWA ( they'll all be Starfighter-ish )

Galaxies, well, uhh, thats common knowledge, so no use in listing it :P

Venix

The Rankless-One

Guest JediIgor

Look, FPS don't suck... don't be dissing a genre (it's all the PC people vs the console people, so diss them instead :twisted:) just because you either don't like it or aren't good at it.

Anyways, JKII was great... and it's still one of the most selling games (top 20) for a game that's been out for almost a year! :D

Although there is something ABOUT Fps, that sucks:

Anyone remember the following line related to Duke Never :

"When it's done." ?

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

I saw some screenshots of KotOR in the latest issue of Star Wars Insider...my jaw dropped. FPS may not be the most popular (and it's not my favorite), but that game looks like it's going to R-O-C-K!

There was also an interesting article about Galaxies, in case anyone is interested in checking it out. Star Wars Insider is available in most bookstores!

Geez, I sound like a commercial.....

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

KotOR is only going to be on console though isn't it?

So if these are the best 10 future games, what are the best ten of all time that have actually been released?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

KotOR Isnt a FPS..... Its kinda FPS / RPG mix. And i think they're making a separate PC version, not porting it, so it'll be okay.

EM, I'll need to think that over ;)

I'll surely include :

Morrowind

Rebellion

Homeworld

Reunion

XWA

Dune 2

( Note : While many people prefer XvT to XWA, i never got to play it online much, thus i'm talking about the single player side of the games kthx.)

Venix

The Rankless-One

I would add:

Baldur's Gate

Wing Commander: Eye of the Tiger (the one with Mark Hamill)

Might & Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

Yoda Stories (HAHAHAHAHAHA!!...sorry...just kidding)

:twisted:

Support the USA!

What about,

Half Life

Doom

Castle Wolfenstein

JK II

Mohaa

? not all of them, but each has had influence on fps's throughout the last decade or so.

Fps's aren't my cup of tea, but they do need to be recognised.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Actually, I like Yoda Stories, too. I just think the graphics/sound/gameplay ranks about as high as playing checkers with your younger brother.

It's a good diversion when you're tired of everything else, though. :lol:

Support the USA!

I play pretty much any genre, I'm a fan of computer games in general. The best FPS i've played to date was Medal of Honor: Allied Assault; second best was Aliens vs Predator 2. Soldier of Fortune 2 is good online, but single player is horrid. Looks like I'm missing out on a few Star Wars games though; I never played XVT or XWA or JKII. I might have to pick those up, I'm sure they'll be better than Counterstrike. I think Counterstrike is a horrible game.
I wanna know why the man has a gun and the gun not the man keeps the world at bay. I wanna hear what the man has to say, what the man has to say might just save me.

So have you found that SofF II runs rubbish too? I have a 1.3ghz with 128mb sdram and it runs awful even on the lowest graphics settings. Its smooth, but looks absolutely awful, like half the textures are missing. Delta Force 1 looks better than this!!!

I have a T-Bird 1.2GHz with 384mb sdram and a GeForce4 Ti4400 and single player is sooo choppy. When you play online it's better and actually enjoyable. However, the single player is not worth what I paid for the game.
I wanna know why the man has a gun and the gun not the man keeps the world at bay. I wanna hear what the man has to say, what the man has to say might just save me.

Well, i dont have as much ram or such a nice graphics card, but i do have a whole 0.1 Ghz more than you.

It's a bit of a dissapointing game really, certainley in single player. Even the OICW isn't all it's cracked up to be.

OICW/ SABR (Objective Individual Combat Weapon–Selectable Assault Battle Rifle)

It's the gun that a lot of people are saying will replace the venerable M-16 family. It fires in semi, burst, and full auto. It was a built in scope, with variable magnification, nightvision, laser, 20mm grenade launcher, threat analyser and a motion tracker. That's what i've heard anyway. Bacsically it's slated to be the next generation infantry man's gun. And it looks good. Play ghost recon, dflw, sof2 to use it, there's also a mod for Operation Flashpoint to use one.

And yes i am a gun freak, well, not really, i had to do some checking on the net.

Guest JediIgor

You can also make your bullets explode after they pass a certain something.

ie both people are in bunkers, the person with the OICW can make his bullets explode as soon as his bullets enter the enemy bunker, and the fragments (or the explosion) will kill the enemy.

It's slated to be released between 2005-2010, and that's as much as I remember. :)