Planetarion.com Round 22 Starts Today (June 22, 20:00GMT)

budious

http://www.planetarion.com

I used to play this turn based (1/hr) years ago. I stumbled across the website to realize that the new round starts only in a few hours @ 20:00 GMT, June 22. You can sign up for a free account or pay for extras but everyone should join, it's rather addictive. The trick to this game is to have lots of friends and use teamwork by joining an alliance. If you feel like joining up, just make a reply to this thread, and we'll get a SWR alliance or similar up and going.

You can join my buddy pack (budious) and/or alliance (SWR), I'm kind of confused about how this works as they have both options now. Just reply to this thread for the join password to buddy pack or apply to the alliance and I will approve your membership after you reply and identify yourself here.

About the game: 5 races, each with different types of ships, the goal is mine asteriods and use resources to build ships and advance technology of your planet. Raiding is always the most effective way to gain resources instead of finding and mining new asteriods. Obviously, if you are not in an alliance you are at a disadvantage from the start. Subsequently, within a matter of weeks, one or two alliances will be dominating the game and eventually a winner from that group will emerge. So join up early, unify with an alliance, and pick soft targets early that won't earn you reprisal raids.

The changelog from previous rounds and the rest of the game manual - http://game.planetarion.com/manual.php?page=35

Members

budious @ Admiral Adama Lama of Pit Bull Puppy Prime

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

The first tick has official finished. Don't get too late of a start if you are want to give this a try. I need some help, so please sign up, or if you don't like, sign up and raid me either way. :twisted:

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

hacking hacking hacking... i'm a dirty hacker, short and stout, here is my handle, and here is my spout... i'm a little hacker that loves berries and CRREEEMMMEEE!

no seriously, fix this! Argh!

edit: I see that it's fixed, nevermind :)

Yeah, no problem. I'll find another alliance to join, all players get protection for first three days to build up their planet and so far I'm in top 100 of the ~2000 players this round. Unfortunately that doesn't mean much unless you have a strong alliance to work with.