Thirty days at the time of posting

DarthTofu

Thirty days until the new Harry Potter book is released! Deathly Hallows is looking as though it's going to be quite good, what with how its predecessors were all quite fun and entertaining.

At the time of posting (June 21) there are thirty days until the release of the final Harry Potter book. Anyone who wants to voice their theories about where the series will go can feel free to. If you haven't read the first six books, I advise that 1) You do so and 2) You don't read this thread, seeing as it will probably ruin them for you.

You have been warned.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

This forum needs to implement spoiler tags for postings of this nature but being that I am insensitive to the twits that follow the Harry Potter series, here are the cliff notes on the seventh book.

Sourced from - http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2007/Jun/0380.html

Hit CTRL+A to view the hidden text in your browser.

"Voldemort killed Hermione. Yes, that's true. And we knew that 2 days ago.

This is the end of the not yet published (someone could call that 0day) book

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows .

At the end of the story Hagrid was killed by Snape in the attempt of ambush Hermione and Ron.

Ron and Hermione flees in privet drive but Voldermort, surprising them, engaged a magical duel with Ron and Hermione.

Voldemort attacked trough the imperius curse and Hermione, to protect the life of Ron fight hardly for more than 6 pages and then finally die.

(boring, very boring... it's always the same story!)

Then, to make a long story short, Harry came up, killed all the bad guys and Hogwarts against became a good place to stay and have fun.

Ah, i missed one important information about Draco Malfoy, he started to create Horcrux (for fun and profit!).

The end."

Edited by budious

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

• SWR Staff - Executive

The easiest way to do a spoiler-like text is just to make the font color black

The story is that a "hacker" got into the publisher's systems and got the scoop on the next book. Whether that is true or not, that remains to be seen. So far, the publisher has only denounced it as rumors.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070620/ts_nm/harrypotter_hacker_dc

Given that July 11th will be the release of the new movie, followed by July 21st of the new book, it will certainly be a Harry Potter month. I'm looking forward to it.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Good idea, fixed. Just hit ctrl+a to view spoiler content of hacker rumor. Only 30 days to find out if he did it or made it up. I guess the publisher won't legally pursue the matter for at least 30 days or risk confirming that it is legitimate? :)

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

I pre-ordered the book back in March from amazon.com. I can't wait for it. I also cant wait for the next movie due out in a few weeks. In my opinion, Order of the Phoenix was the best of the books. I cant wait to see how it looks on film.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Several persons do, apparently.

My money says that the guy made it up- Rowling keeps way too tight a lock on the info (She cancelled publishing deals with one group because they weren't shredding their pages into small enough pieces!) for any info that she didn't want released to have leaked out.

Now, then, speculation time (If you aren't up to book six, look away!)

I think R.A.B. might be more than one person. Currently the only real candidate for that position is Regulus Black, and nothing is known about him except that Sirius thought him to be a twit. Now, then, if R.A.B. is three people each supplying only one initial and working together to explain the "I" we've expanded how many people it can be by quite a bit.

One last thing: Anybody think we'll have new animangi among the main characters? Maybe?

12/14/07

i think RAB is one person, but he obviously had to be assisted to get the horcrux; one person alone couldn't have gotten it as DD said in HBP. i do think RAB is regulus; JKR has left blatant allusions like this before (arabella figg at the end of GoF, we all said, i bet that's mrs. figg and it was)

i dont think harry is a horcrux and i dont think his scar is either. it just doesnt make sense. it sounds like something you've got to do on purpose, and voldy would NEVER entrust his soul to another human being. 1. he doesnt trust any person like that 2. DD said the only living thing that's a horcrux is nagini, and i think he's got a good idea of what's what 3. making something into a horcrux sounds like something you have to do on purpose and it would almost have to be on accident, and 4. i doubt voldy would have gone into battle with two people who have 'thrice defied him' if he hasnt got his perfect set of seven pieces of soul already

i think snape will die because he has to make things right with harry, and i think that means sacrificing himself. i think malfoy will live to show there is hope for everyone, even people who used to be bad. i think hagrid will live because he's just a survivor. i want ron and hermione to live happily ever after and have lots of babies but i have a feeling ron will die. i hope lupin becomes headmaster of hogwarts, but i think there will be some drastic change in the way it works (something to do with house separations) i think there's something to there being seven weasley children that they'll all live, but again, i have a feeling ron will die

i think HRH will be the only ones to go looking for horcruxes, but i think ginny will be involved in the final battle. she won't sit quietly just cuz harry tells her to. i think all the weasleys will be involved somehow. i bet charlie helped procure the antipodean opaleye on the deluxe cover, i think there's a horcrux in gringotts that bill will help find, one in diagon alley that fred and george will help with ... etc. all possibilities in my book.

are the dementors going to turn on voldy and eat his horcruxes? they do contain parts of soul ...

i think snape's in love with narcissa. harry/ginny, ron/hermione, and tonks/lupin will work out, at least for a while. bellatrix and voldy have a thing, but its not love, obviously. and aberforth will continue fucking goats through all eternity.

y'all should listen to mugglecast, honestly, its great.

http://www.mugglecast.com

http://www.harrypotterrumors.net/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl[/url]

And now, for something completely different!

The Care Bear Stare cures cancer now!

Snape dies taking on old Voldie. Harry is left astounded that the man he never trusted, let alone liked, was the one who would end up saving his life.

Ron or Hermione also die, no one knows which for sure, however. My money is on Ron (I never liked him anyways).

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Yeah, I have a feeling that Snape will show his true colors, and wind up being quite the hero. It would be logically unexpected, due to how Snape has been portrayed in previous books.

My Website

yea, but i just got a vibe from the end of HBP that he was good, that he was pissed at the world and all that, but he's on the right side. even when harry was trying to kill him he blocked it and was still trying to teach him. "Blocked again and again and again until you learn to keep your mouth shut and your mind closed, Potter!" and "No Unforgivable Curses from you, Potter!" he wouldnt let him break the law either.

Now there's an interesting thought- though by the same token, Voldy might have just wanted to kill Harry himself, seeing as Harry is something of his arch nemesis.

I think Lupin and Wormtail (AKA Peter) are both going to die, thus uniting James Potter and his friends in death in the end.

I agree that Snape may well be good, but I think there might be some redemption for other Death Eaters as well. Lots of them were just scared into being by Voldy's side- though others, like Bellatrix, were there willingly.

I still think that Harry might be a horcrux- Voldemort had something of Slytherin's (Two things, if you count he himself), something of Hufflepuffs, wanted something from Ravenclaw, and Harry is probably a descendant of Gryffindor. That lends itself to his being a horcrox.

Another detail that I don't know if anyone noticed- Godric's Hollow- Godric Gryffindor. Rowling has confirmed a connection. Significant? It's anybody's guess.

12/14/07

she's said that harry isnt a descendent of Gryffindor ... i'll try and find the quote.

its totally possible there's a horcrux in godric's hollow ... or maybe its something else that harry will find that will help him find the horcruxes or kill voldy. i just have a feeling he's gonna find something there that's a huge revelation about his parents, like how they got all that money in gringotts.

If Harry isn't a descendant of griffyndor that would explain why the sorting hat took his time and says "griffyndor I think" surgests he isn't exactly sure.

With Harry being a parcel tongue there may be some slythern in him?

A) According to the sorting hat, Gryffindor and Slytherin were great friends at the time of the founding, which might explain why the hat thought that Harry had great qualities for both houses.

B) Voldemort says that he passed a bit of himself into Harry the night he tried to kill him. This could, as has been said by far too many, make Harry a horcrux, though I do think that by then he'd have torn his soul into seven neat little pieces, especially if his downfall is supposed to be coming.

C) I put no faith in those supposed "Spoilers" on book seven. At all.

D) I just wanted to put "D" in.

D) Hehe... Double D... *Snigger*

12/14/07

we know why Harry "can speak parseltongue becaause Lord Voldemort can speak parseltongue" (DD - CoS) When Voldy cursed Harry he gave him some of his powers. Harry is not a descendant of Slytherin. Voldy AND DD said that Voldy was the LAST descendant of Slytherin (not ancestor as in early printings :wink: )

The sorting hat took its time because Harry has major qualities valued by both of the founders (bravery by Gryffindor, cunning and resourcefulness by Slytherin). He is unique because he has so many talents, not because of his blood. The hat was made to sort people according to their talents, not their blood. Just because Harry thought (at age 12 mind you) that the hat was thinking of his biological similarities when it tried to sort him into Slytherin, doesnt mean he was correct in his guess.

Yeah, the hat definitely sorts based on personality over lineage. I remember one of the books mentioning that there was a family (either brother/brother or brother/sister) who happened to end up in different houses.

My Website

oh probably only because she knew from the beginning that they would be harry and ron's dates for th yule ball. and comic relief, lavender and parvati are excellent comic relief (won-won, heh)

I haven't really read the books and know only what was interpretted into the movies. Having said that I have read Order of the Phoenix and Half-blood Prince and I am looking forward to seeing how this septology is completed.

I haven't really read the books and know only what was interpretted into the movies. Having said that I have read Order of the Phoenix and Half-blood Prince and I am looking forward to seeing how this septology is completed.

No reading book seven until you've gone back and read one through four. You'll miss way too much plot info and be lost as hell. Go back and read them through. Now. (I'm threatening you on the honors system that if you don't you'll slam your fingers in the oven or something.)

12/14/07

I'm threatening you on the honors system that if you don't you'll slam your fingers in the oven or something.

you should be a little more trusting however I must ask;

How pray tel will you know whether I've read books one through four and re-read books five and six or not?