Earth II, Is it true?!

budious

I imagine from orbit, we must look like a galactic dump. Thousands of various satellites in orbit whether in use or not. A nice brown smog stains popping up everywhere. I can see why the little gray men haven't stopped by since Roswell.

Of course, the vast conspiracy by the Vatican to cover the existence of any such foreign intelligent life form which may or may not resemble mankind and thus, not be in the image of God. Muslim terrorists would be building spacecraft to deliver suicide bombers to the foreign infidels. What can of worms have I started here?

On second thought, it was not so long ago that the Earth was flat. Then we figured out we could sail around it. We stole the continents from the Native Americans and the Aztecs. We then enslaved the Africans and dragged them over to toil the fields on our newly stolen property. It's a galactic property race!

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Enslave or be enslaved. That´s the question. ;)

Well, no, I hope that, when we may be able to travel that far, the human society is much more intelligent than now and can leave that dark side of humanity behind them. :roll:

Who cares at all?! :roll:

[whispers]If they find I'm here, there will be hell to pay. My pain tolerance is high for Earth, but compared to my people, I have none. Don't let them find me friends!!![/whispers]

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Well, whats in it for us? If we turn you in, we can receive billions as reward money, and then have a huge SWR party anywhere in the world we please. Of course, if we decided to turn you in, we'd toast to you and the painful experiments you'd endure just so that we could finally all get together.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

So according to these odds 1:211 - (Habitable zone:Non Hab Zone) so far, we'll do pritty good in exploring the galaxy. :)

211 planet discoveries in what, 7 years? Most of those being more recent.

Cryogenics has been getting better with something in the +90% range of surviving without brain damage. (Done with dogs.)

I'm betting by 2020 we'll have something a bit closer.

So, anyone for launching freezer ships into the great beyond within our lifetime?

So, anyone for launching freezer ships into the great beyond within our lifetime?

When do you figure people will discover the Hyperspace drive.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Well, whats in it for us? If we turn you in, we can receive billions as reward money, and then have a huge SWR party anywhere in the world we please. Of course, if we decided to turn you in, we'd toast to you and the painful experiments you'd endure just so that we could finally all get together.

You would have to have your party in hell, Rob. They wouldn't be paying anyone anything! They'd destroy the planet just for harboring me! Those that know me the best would end up in the room next to me. You would all be getting tortured right along with me. Is that incentive enough, Rob???

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

When do you figure people will discover the Hyperspace drive.

Oh... four or five hundred years, give or take.

I remember a conversation with a guy with some knowledge about quantum-computers and wether we will ever see them. His statement: "In our lifetime or never!" That was some three years ago and there has been quite some progress. So I am very optimistic about the human race and its abillity to invent interesting stuff ;)

My guess: 250 years from now ;)

As for so long, we'll have some more good pictures to enjoy as it seems:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6645179.stm

Asteroids do not concern me...

You would have to have your party in hell, Rob. They wouldn't be paying anyone anything! They'd destroy the planet just for harboring me! Those that know me the best would end up in the room next to me. You would all be getting tortured right along with me. Is that incentive enough, Rob???

Actually Mitth, I was referring to turning you over to the government for scientific research, so you'd have years of probing and jabbing ahead of you.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I remember a conversation with a guy with some knowledge about quantum-computers and wether we will ever see them. His statement: "In our lifetime or never!" That was some three years ago and there has been quite some progress. So I am very optimistic about the human race and its abillity to invent interesting stuff ;)

My guess: 250 years from now ;)

As for so long, we'll have some more good pictures to enjoy as it seems:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6645179.stm

A scale model is currently displayed on the lawns of the National Mall. I hope to go see it tomorrow. I'll do my best to remember to get some photos.

UPDATE: So I went to the National Mall in DC yesterday... Apparently it was there only for last week, so by the time I got there, it had already been packed up. All that was left were an Abrams tank, Bradley fighting vehicle, a few other armored tracked vehicles, an Apache and a Cobra attack helicopter, and a Little Bird helicopter. Nothing too exciting.

SOCL!!! Where the hell are the God-damned pictures?!?

@Rob: You have to find, and catch, me first. :evil: And don't think for even a single nanosecond that any military force on this planet could possibly catch and/or stop me. I may be in hidding here, but I came here with technology from my home planet! :twisted:

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

@Rob: You have to find, and catch, me first. :evil:

He may even take summer vacation in Texas. Oh wait, that's Verdex :oops: I have some good hideouts down here Mitth :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

@Tex: I'll keep that in mind. If they find the hideouts I know of up here, I'll be down to see you in a heartbeat.

@SOCL: You'll pay for that, ner vod. Don't you forget it.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

• 1 month later...

LONDON (Reuters) - Astronomers said on Wednesday they had discovered the best evidence yet of water outside our own solar system -- in the atmosphere of a giant planet 60 light years from Earth.

http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceNews/idUSL1164290820070711?feedType=RSS&rpc=22&sp=true

60 Light Years! ... the Millennium Falcon could be there in about 45 minutes! OMG... I want to go :)

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy