Suing someone for using your internet handle?!

budious

Ok, a bit far fetched, but is it feasible? If there is one thing America exceeds at, it is our abundance of lawyers and the ability to sue the every living crap out of each other.

So anyways... I am ever getting confused with this budious who evidently owns some slamming night club full of ectasy and mushrooms somewhere in florida. Now I first noticed this guys results showing up on google instead of me sometime around 2003... but now it's 2007 and he's completely blown me out of the top 10 google results. Digging through the google results I can find evidence of posts (comparitive third person references and dissillusions of grandure as evident lingual style) prevailing ever since my 1998 conception and first uses of the handle. I was clearly using the handle as of 1998... unfortunately I did not know that it would become permanent, else I would have filed for some sort of trademark, or even the domain name before he has now snatched it... damn you budious (the other one!). It appears he even has started up a Budious L.L.C. (limited liability corporation) business, so trademark infringement would have only be plausible if I had beat him to the punch somehow. Thus, I have no legal recourse, even if I had 'first dibs' on the handle's use. Any law students here who can help me out?! My only solution... to post as many bizarre and dillusional posts as I can across the Internet with the same handle with the intent to confuse or discredit his validity with the use of MY nick name and least any person searching with intent for this Mr. Joe Budious shall instead find my pointless rantings scatterd across the web. If there was any possibility of applying a negative stigma to a night club promoter it would be easy to convince anyone that I have probably dropped way too much LSD, ectasy, and shrooms for a lifetime. Afterall, that is my calling card. Unfortunately, in his line of work I think it would only build stigma... so I'm lost... any ideas? :idea: ... :roll: ... :arrow::?:

Google keyword "budious" results

Goto to page 2, result 11 is the first one pertaining to me... (this is the point that I find my inner shatner and let out a long "KHANNNNN"!)

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

I'm working hard on it, however here is my idea... open this link and just open and click back on your browser for the first ten results. If everyone who finds this thread does this for me then maybe I can work myself back into the top 10 google results at the least. That was budious + rebellion... you could also try + linux or + neowin , think most of my other dealings are with somewhat sketchier parts of the internet where the results for some reason or another don't usually make their way to google (can anyone really hide from it?).

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

Budious, that's a shame man :( , but being the devious Sith Lord that I am :twisted: I have an evil plan at the ready. With the help of your fellow SWR members (especially Mad & Tofu), you can regain "the top of the heap glories". First, find lots of online forums and such that you would like to join if you really had the time; assign a fellow SWR member to that site providing your username (Budious, of course) and the password; then, have them all release their anger through the Dark Side, ... I mean release their SPAM! The other "budious" doesn't know the POWER of the Dark Side, ... I mean SPAM! With the super SPAM abilities of your fellow SWR members (especially Mad & Tofu), this will be a short project :twisted::twisted::twisted:
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I like that idea, Tex. =o)

I found some dude using the same miss-spelling of the word "Psycho" with my SN a few years ago.. some recording artist, but I play too many games for him to catch up to my popularity on the general search engine. =o)

And yes that myspace is mine.

Budious, that's a shame man :( , but being the devious Sith Lord that I am :twisted: I have an evil plan at the ready. With the help of your fellow SWR members (especially Mad & Tofu), you can regain "the top of the heap glories". First, find lots of online forums and such that you would like to join if you really had the time; assign a fellow SWR member to that site providing your username (Budious, of course) and the password; then, have them all release their anger through the Dark Side, ... I mean release their SPAM! The other "budious" doesn't know the POWER of the Dark Side, ... I mean SPAM! With the super SPAM abilities of your fellow SWR members (especially Mad & Tofu), this will be a short project :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Flattery shall get you nowhere.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Ditto what Mad said. I'm a greedy bastard- mind tricks don't work on me. Only money.

[/worst Star Wars movie Lucas ever made]

I don't see the big deal. Some freaky anime chick snagged my DarthTofu name before I even came up with the concept.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Sue him for intellectual property theft, and say that not only is the name of significant emotional and psychological value but you are also widely known by it throughout the professional world.

Then you can claim psychological trauma from having your individuality stripped from you and privatized into a capitalist agenda and because of this you are having trouble operating and coping with daily life.

By claiming the name for your professional life you can sue him for discrediting your professional name by stealing it for endorsement of an X and mushroom night club that obviously isn't socially acceptable for a professional.

Stuff like that?

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Guess you could do it. You can sue for anything in the States.

You have NO idea how close you are to the mark on that one, Mad. It sickens me to even think about it.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

You and me both, Paul. You and me both.

Put me down on that list too!

Sorry Bud, but that's as bad as trying to sue someone with the same name.

To hi jack this thread a bit, the first time it came to my realisation how SCREWED up the law can really be was when a robber sued the owner of the house he was attempting to rob because he fell through a skylight and cut himself. And, he won. If memory serves me right, it was because the home owner was in neglect of keeping the house safe blah blah blah.

Load of BS in my books.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

LOL... wow, another one of my drunken stoopers has turned into a multi-page thread... glad I decided to check in on it :D

LOL... wow, another one of my drunken stoopers has turned into a multi-page thread... glad I decided to check in on it :D

Here you go!

http://www.power-of-attorneys.com/stupid_lawsuit_detail.asp?stupid_ID=167

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

It's really quite simple, Mad. People are stupid. In their stupidity they think of things that make no sense to the few members of the human race that are halfway intelligent. Furthermore, they are of the opinion that their stupid thoughts, which they consider to be brilliant, can and will make perfect sense to the rest of the world.

Does that explain it well enough for you?

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

It's really quite simple, Mad. People are stupid. In their stupidity they think of things that make no sense to the few members of the human race that are halfway intelligent. Furthermore, they are of the opinion that their stupid thoughts, which they consider to be brilliant, can and will make perfect sense to the rest of the world.

Does that explain it well enough for you?

Hey be nice. He's trying his hardest in a world of heathens!

Urgh I hate people like that... Oh oh oh!

http://despair.com/fail24x30pri.html

http://despair.com/incompetence.html

http://despair.com/potential.html