Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:59 am 
<!-- Warlord -->

Location: Death Stars are out at night, big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas.
DarthTofu wrote:
Mad78 wrote:
Darwin Day? :?

Darwin Day.

The icon for the Darwin Awards; the natural-selection process by accidentally killing or sterilizing themselves during a foolish or careless mistake. :lol: Sponsered by stupid people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:02 am 
<!-- Warlord -->

DarthTex wrote:
The icon for the Darwin Awards; the natural-selection process by accidentally killing or sterilizing themselves during a foolish or careless mistake. :lol: Sponsered by stupid people.

8O

Uhm, I believe I´ve got it now. It´s "get on your knee and wee", isn´t it?. :oops: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:26 pm 
<!--n00b//-->

"# 1996: Also scoring 8.4, 1996s winner is entitled Macho Men. Some men went to extraordinary lengths to prove how macho they are. Frenchman Pierre Pumpille recently shunted a stationary car two feet by headbutting it. "Women thought I was a god," he explained from his hospital bed. Deity or not, however, Pumpille is a veritable girl's blouse compared to Polish farmer Krystof Azninski, who staked a strong claim to being Europe's most macho man by cutting off his own head in 1995. Azninski, 30, had been drinking with friends when it was suggested they strip naked and play some "men's games". Initially they hit each other over the head with frozen turnips, but then one man upped the ante by seizing a chainsaw and cutting off the end of his foot. Not to be outdone, Azninski grabbed the saw and, shouting "Watch this then," he swung at his own head and chopped it off. "It's funny," said one companion, "when he was young he put on his sister's underwear. But he died like a man.""

These never fail to make me want to cry... I'm not sure if it's from laughing or if it's from the pain the stupid people cause my brain...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:30 am 
<!-- Raporan Dark Lord //-->

:lol: That one is brilliant! I have to get the latest version of the book.

Click here is you like Trance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:23 am 
<!-- Sasquatch //-->

Well it's official! On April 15th I'll be the proud owner of a Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:28 am 
<!-- Warlord -->

Location: Death Stars are out at night, big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas.
Darth_Rob wrote:
Well it's official! On April 15th I'll be the proud owner of a Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Tax day!? I guess that's one way of beating the tax blues :D Congrats Rob! Excuse for a minute, I gotta go wii ... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:52 pm 
<!-- Sasquatch //-->

The ironic thing is that at one point I wanted to work for the IRS. My entire family is a bunch of accountants. My mom and aunt are local accountants, while all my cousins are corporate accountants. They tried dragging me in, but I finally realised how cruddy it was after receiving my associates degree and went on to pursue my own career dreams. Hence why I am a 24-year old college student...

My Website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:41 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

Darth_Rob wrote:
The ironic thing is that at one point I wanted to work for the IRS....

8O The IRS ( :evil: ) should be abolished! Everybody should take a look at http://www.fairtax.org :D

Darth_Rob wrote:
... I finally realised how cruddy it was after receiving my associates degree and went on to pursue my own career dreams. Hence why I am a 24-year old college student...

Kudos for you Rob. Follow your own dreams to ... whatever ... in ... American history, or whatever your new major is :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:07 pm 
<!--n00b//-->

Good luck with your dreams, Rob. Provided you go back to sleep sometime real soon and dream of the sasquatch not existing.

About that fairtax thing: Doesn't that automatically reduce the taxes collected from the rich? There's a federal tax on those things we buy, now, meaning that the cost of basic goods will increase slightly, no? The rich still have the same basic consumption needs as the people, and thus buy the same amount as the people in general. Those who are not as well off economically now have to pay more for those things they need, do they not?

Don't get me wrong- I'm not opposing it, just voicing my initial impression of it. I only read the "About fairtax" section on the site, so please tell me if I missed something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:20 pm 
<!-- Sasquatch //-->

I still like the idea of a flat tax. Everyone pays the same percentage of their annual income. No deductions, no tax brackets...nothing confusing at all. And the best part is that it IS fair...everyone pays an equal percentage of what they make in a year. Thats the way to go in my opinion.

My Website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:43 am 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith

The poor don't get shafted by this plan. In fact, essential goods and services are not taxed per a rebate that each resident receives.
http://www.fairtax.org/fairtax/faqanswers.htm#3
Also the rich spend much more money.. and not just on luxury goods.
Quote:
Respected economists have shown that the wealthy spend much more on unprepared food, clothing, housing, and medical care than do the poor.

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.
- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -
The cake is a lie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:48 am 
<!-- Warlord -->

DarthTofu wrote:
About that fairtax thing: Doesn't that automatically reduce the taxes collected from the rich? There's a federal tax on those things we buy, now, meaning that the cost of basic goods will increase slightly, no? The rich still have the same basic consumption needs as the people, and thus buy the same amount as the people in general. Those who are not as well off economically now have to pay more for those things they need, do they not?

You might be thinking of the luxury tax, but one correction: the rich far outspend the poor for basic consumption needs (just because they're rich mind you). Also for an example: the rich guy spending $90,000 on a Mercedes pays more in taxes than a poor guy spending $10,000 on a Kia. Also, taxes are built into the price of EVERYTHING so it does not appear as a separate line item on receipts. Everybody (including the rich) receive a "prebate" every month (basically a subsidy on the taxes that would be paid if you were at the poverty level). That way "the poor" aren't spending their own money on taxes for essentials. The more you spend, the more taxes get paid. Now, if I were to get to keep the +30% the gov't is taking out of my paycheck, I'd be buying things I otherwise couldn't. Meaning I'll be paying taxes on those purchases, AND stimulating the economy by purchasing more goods, at the same time. A better economy means people get lower prices, and there should be more jobs, which means more people have money to buy things which means more taxes are being paid. Get it? Got it? Good! And the best part ... NO IRS! No "Big Brother" watching over every penny you bring in :D

Darth_Rob wrote:
I still like the idea of a flat tax. Everyone pays the same percentage of their annual income. No deductions, no tax brackets...nothing confusing at all. And the best part is that it IS fair...everyone pays an equal percentage of what they make in a year. Thats the way to go in my opinion.

But the "flat tax" isn't fair. Let's say the flat tax is 10%; If a rich guy makes $1 million, he pays $100,000 in taxes and lives off $900,000. A poor guy making $20,000 pays $2,000 in taxes and lives off $18,000. That $2,000 for the poor guy can buy a lot of food, medicine and essentials, whereas the rich guy with $900,000 left would probably hardly even realize he paid any taxes at all.

The rich spend more than the poor. If you want to get at all of that extra money they have "squirrelled away", you have to get at it when they spend it. Consumption tax is the way to go.

A different hair-brained idea I have is to have a simple logarithmic based tax rate. Everybody subtracts off the poverty level from the base income, and sticks that amount into the formula. That way a person making $50,000 pays slightly more (in percentage) that a person making $49,000. The actual difference would be small, but as the base pay goes up, the rate really starts to increase (say about a 5% rate at $50,000 and 25% at $1 million). There would be no deductions for anything. The gov't tax form would be a post card. I made this much money and should pay this amount. I paid this amount over the last year based on my estimated base pay (nobody knows if they'll get OT or not, or how much). This is the amount I still owe, or this is the amount I overpaid. Period. Nice and simple.

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:56 am 
<!-- Raporan Dark Lord //-->

Darth_Rob wrote:

What games are you going to get with it?

Click here is you like Trance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:08 am 
<!-- Sasquatch //-->

I hinted that I wanted the package with Legand of Zelda in it. So I'll hopefully be starting off with the sports games and Zelda. I heard Zelda is pretty sweet.

My Website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:48 am 
<!-- Emperor of the Force -->

DarthTex wrote:
Consumption tax

For some reason that makes me giggle

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Not gone, merely marching far away

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next