Attention US/World Populace: Prepare To Run For Your Lives

Darth_Rob

I think a lot of talk radio hosts on the right and left make some very stupid remarks so it's not purely a right-wing problem. About Glenn Beck, he was making a weak ass argument against raising the minimum wage on his Headline News tv program one night, and cited an example of a small family bakery and how raising the minimum wage would hurt the business by reducing the number of employees they could have from 5 to 3 to remain profitable. Now, this sounds accurate from the get go, but having worked in a small business for many years and having done the research to start one, there was one critical flaw his argument never took into account which is that small businesses with revenue below 500k annually are exempt from Federal minimum wage laws!

I think the disgust in the U.S. is about the candidates pandering and not really having any persona or agenda other than whatever the lobbyist drop in their laps. Both parties candidates have been a let down for their constituents so far into this election cycle and has left many such as myself with little hope for the next 4 years of the White House. While I am a right-leaning moderate, I defended Bush for much of the first term, but over the last two years I have become more and more disgusted by his policies and behaviors. He has lost me on national immigration and border security and stem cell research among others.

Now the "turmoil" over talk-radio. It is a free market, American listeners cant stomach the bullshit of the left-wing that gets spewed over the air waves... so long Air America! Right-wing ideas find ears and that irks liberals to their core but to attempt to squash free speech is the liberal equivalent of Guantanamo Bay. They can scream unfair all they want but at the end of day walk away as irrelevant and hypocritical. Talk radio is the smaller beast, if they succeed there, what will stop them from trying to limit Fox News or to get Lou Dobbs booted from CNN from his critical views on immigration reform?

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic