Worst place to live...

Aenivae_Ikeda

In the U.S.

In one door you have the luzanians and the hicks, and morons, and psycho confederate-pride bound cowboys.

In another door you get the californians, and the flamers, and the stupid movie stars, gangsters, and just wackos in general.

In Kansas you get the radical religious folk, and nothing to do because no one wants to live with radical religious folk so you become a radical religious folk.

You know, stuff like that... So where's the worst place to live?

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

In one door you have the luzanians and the hicks, and morons, and psycho confederate-pride bound cowboys.

You get "hicks" everywhere. I believe that they're generally called lower-class, and this only refers to their financial status. We have them here as well. Not to far away from me is a little place called Kinmount...yes, let that name soak in and ponder the images associated with it. We have cowboys here too, though no the confederate sort. They tend to live in Calgary, but being one isn't a bad thing.

In another door you get the californians, and the flamers, and the stupid movie stars, gangsters, and just wackos in general.

I've heard that there are some people in California that aren't the nicest people in the world, but it's not a good idea to generalize. Flamers... if you're talking about who I think you are, I've got some friends who are classified as this and we clearly have different opinions on the matter. Movie stars.. well some of them do odd things, but again you can't generalize. Also, we have them here, and most other countries have them. Gangsters/wackos are also prevalent everywhere.

In Kansas you get the radical religious folk, and nothing to do because no one wants to live with radical religious folk so you become a radical religious folk.

Again, they're all over the world, just like the racists and bigots. They just call themselves something different (martyrs, crusaders etc.).

You know, stuff like that... So where's the worst place to live?

Well there are some places in Africa I'm sure you've heard of. They're having all these cute little conflicts. It's just adorable how they fight like us big countries do.

But seriously, to complain about living in America, or any other country that has, oh I don't know, an economy, peace, freedom, McDonald's, is just absurd. Sure there are idiots, but there are just as many great people.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I live in California near the coast and I'm not gay, an actor, or a gangsta.

I can't speak for the other places, but because I don't require a gun to protect my house from bandits, I would say were pretty well off compared to some other places I could mention (Nevada).

Disregarding all new evidence everywhere.

I would think the worst place to live would be a place where everyday your confronted with the reality that just to get a bucket of water for your family you have to send your 7 year old because he can hide from the homicidal patrolling army the best... oh.. and then you die of starvation because theres no food....

there are far worse places to live AI... far worse...

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

In the U.S.

... and psycho confederate-pride bound cowboys.

Well that pretty much sums up me and most of my friends... you got a problem with that?! We drink beer, grill, shoot garbage with shotguns, raise bluetick hounds and pitbulls, occasionally they interbreed to create a rather interesting and violent hybrid... my best friend has hair reminiscent of a late 80's richard dean anderson (macgyver) but we let it slide... just because you can't grasp the lifestyle doesn't mean you have to be an arrogant little s.o.b. with too few branches in your own family genome... go live in f*cking iraq if you hate it so much here you damn loony liberial cracker.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

... and psycho confederate-pride bound cowboys.

Psycho? Conderate-pride? Cowboys? Those are three distinct groupings there AI, and the combination of all three would be a very small number.

Hey wait a minute! Are you trying to say something to me AI? :evil:

:P:lol: j/k

The worst place to live ... my vote goes to Merritt Island, Florida. What a lothsome dreadful swampy mosquito infested place to live :x

j/k Tofu :lol:

I'm sure there are lots of third world locations none of us would ever want to live; be it because of poverty, lack of hygiene, famine, disease, politics, etc. or combination of thereof or all 8O

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I'm not entirely sure that AI was being serious, though I do agree- America is far from being the worst place to live. Off the top of my head Dafur (Sp?) comes to mind, followed by Sudan, followed by Switzerland (way too much spam! :wink: J/k, Mad.)...

My worst place would probably be Darfur. There are horrible stories there about people suffocated with cotton and being lit on fire as they die of asphyxiation... And this all comes after they've just been raped.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I like living anywhere along the coasts. No worries, and I have no discrimination issues that I know of--I get along with pretty much everyone.

As far as worst places to live... Well, I won't start spouting off things like Iraq, the West Bank, Afghanistan, Darfur, or such because I am no expert on such seeing as how I haven't lived there. From my experiences:

Clarksville, Tennessee:

Worst Place On The Face Of The Earth.

The worst place to live: Hammond, Indiana, its the hellhole of the United States. We got Gary Indiana and East Chicago right next to us.
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

The same as some areas of Africa are full of ppls on the internet just like us, but it's like any Country, there's diversity depending on where you are.
Right, except Africa is not a country, it is a continent made up of many countries. :wink: And I don't think anyone ever stated all of Africa is a bad place to live.

I would hate to live in New York City. I go there about once a year for the holidays, and dread it to no end. Driving down there is impossible, so I gotta take the train. The train ride is like 2 1/2 hours. There's weirdos everywhere, sleeping on the train, living on the train, singing outloud. Once the train arrives in NJ I have to take another train from there to get to Penn Station in NYC. That ride is extremely crowded. Once you're in Penn Station you have to jump on the right subway car, and know if you want train A or E. Then you gotta listen to a muffled, mumbling voice explain your current location and where the next stop is, so you're forced to stare out the window and look around the grafitti on the walls for the location that is printed on the walls. You also gotta try to ignore the guy next to you snoring, the guy walking around peddling his wares, the other guy playing the flute, and the lady in the corner who is "relieving" herself. I could go on and on, but I think I made my point. And mind you, all this is on the way to the city. I didn't even get into the actual city yet.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Washington D.C. has rather similar public transportation. I've been there three times, and while it has some fantastic sites to see the places to live are far from being the best- I believe that a house that was something like seven feet wide was sold for $50,000, strictly because of its location. The place we rented was about ten feet wide... And had to house five people. 8O

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Washington D.C. has rather similar public transportation. I've been there three times, and while it has some fantastic sites to see the places to live are far from being the best- I believe that a house that was something like seven feet wide was sold for $50,000, strictly because of its location. The place we rented was about ten feet wide... And had to house five people. 8O
Ah, I love this city. :)

Okay I haven't logged on in a couple days.

I didn't mean "worst place" as in the most inhumane, run-down, shithole. Notice the generalizations I listed, including the over-the-top surrealist types of people. So I guess you might say I meant "worst place" as in the place most likely to drive you nuts because of the people there.

Neither was I making the statement that the stereotypes I listed off were bad, I have quite a few gay friends, have nothing against any of them, have some skinhead friends who- while stupid, and ignorant- are hilarious, and all that jazz.

I was just wondering because Albuquerque is the drug capital of the U.S., has the highest gang rate per capita, #1 in business ventures, has a widely diverse population, is being turned into the next Hollywood, is something like 48th in the nation for education, and is like #2 for DUI's. I just thought that it was a weird mix of characteristics so I was wondering about the other places where people live.

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

I guess you might say I meant "worst place" as in the place most likely to drive you nuts because of the people there.

In that case, I still stick to my opinion of NYC.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png