Stupid Kid Next To Me

Darth_Rob

SOCL is gonna love this story in particular.

Im sitting in my Western Civilizations class today, and the kid next to me turns to me and asks what I wrote my comparisson paper on. I told him I wrote it on the Roman Republic and the Germanics. I then, being the polite young lad I am, asked him what his was on. He said "I wrote on how the Greeks borrowed from the Romans". So I said, "you mean, how the Romans borrowed from the Greeks?" He said, "No. The Greeks borrowed from the Roman culture." I said "Dude, the Roman civilization came into existence after the Greeks. By the time the Romans came to power, Greece had been invaded by Macedonia." And he said "No man. The Romans were first and the Greeks took from them." I just laughed to myself about how he was going to fail his paper.

Then later in the class, to further confirm his stupidity, as the professor was going over the artwork from the Renissance, the same kid asked "who painted that picture?" when the Mona Lisa came up. Not only does everyone in the world at least know who painted it, but the artist's name was right up there next to the title of the painting. GOSH!!!

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a girl sitting next to me in my English class and while reading The Jungle she told me she hated reading and when I asked her why she said.

"Well, you know it makes me think about things, and I don't want to think about anything like this. I just want to live my life and not have to hear about others who didn't make it as great as me or my parents."

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

I really hate stupid people. Another funny thing that some moron said was in my American Revolution class. We were talking about the switch from the Articles of Confederation to the Constitution, and got to saying how there was now a executive branch of the government, where the President was elected via the electoral college. So the class got into a big discussion, and eventually this stupid kid says something to the effect that if the electoral college was scrapped and the country went to a direct election of the President, it would lower voter turnout because people would feel that their vote was being thrown away. Then this other kid was like "what are you talking about? If anything the vote is thrown away with the electoral college. With a direct election, every vote would count." And the first kid started arguing back, disagreeing, and me and the kid next to me just started laughing. I really hate stupid people.

My Website

"Well, you know it makes me think about things, and I don't want to think about anything like this. I just want to live my life and not have to hear about others who didn't make it as great as me or my parents."

She must be very blond? :roll:

Who cares at all?! :roll:

Just as stupid, a girl in my biology class a few years back once answered 'blue-green algae' to a question about how sea stars moved ( water vascular system). She was serious and it took fifteen minutes to explain why she was wrong. Honest.
Disregarding all new evidence everywhere.

Just as stupid, a girl in my biology class a few years back once answered 'blue-green algae' to a question about how sea stars moved ( water vascular system). She was serious and it took fifteen minutes to explain why she was wrong. Honest.

That's pathetic. As I believe I have mentioned before, stupid people annoy me. An Indian girl in my Honors Chemistry (Next year it will be AP) class is particularly annoying. She makes toffee of the English language, and doesn't even have an accent to excuse it, such as a Texan would (Had to get that jibe in, Tex.) Through her mouth "Avagadro's Number" becomes "Advacado's Number," "Magnessium" becomes "Magnessimumiumium," etc.

On top of all that she can't even grasp how to balance an equation with coefficients.

__Na + __Br2 :arrow: __NaBr

This is easy. Match the number of sodium atoms on both sides and match the number of Bromine atoms on both sides. The answer is this:

2Na + __Br :arrow: 2NaBr

Simple. And yet she (And half of the class for some reason) CAN NOT GRASP IT!!!!1

[/venting my frustration in the stupidity of people who sign up for honors classes and proceed to complain about how they're stupid and the class is too hard.]

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Arrrgh! Unbelievable! You´ve should have done this http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/boese/c045.gif to him.

Better hold off there eagle, I think somebody already hit this guy with an idiot stick by the sounds of it.

• SWR Staff - Executive
Unfortunately today's schools tend to focus more on social promotion than actually trying to teach reading and writing and 'rithmetic (sic). It's surprising how many "high school graduates" cannot be called literate. And don't be surprised that math skills too are down the tubes.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I once had to explain to an 11th grader why x^2/x=x. The saddest part was that he never understood what I was talking about. Sometimes being the school nerd is depressing.

Arithmetic.

On top of all that she can't even grasp how to balance an equation with coefficients.

This is easy. Match the number of sodium atoms on both sides and match the number of Bromine atoms on both sides. The answer is this:

Now, it's been a while since I've done chem ... 3 years since I've looked at a chemical equation in fact.

But, either you've written up your balance wrong in the browser, or something doesn't seem to fit. Mainly the fact that your balanced equation isn't balanced, you've got two sodium atoms and only one bromide now, and yet some how produce two molecules with it :wink:

BEAKed? :roll: (That one's for Tex)

For those who don't know how to balance chemical equations, it's really simple. Especially the one above. You're basically told the types of atoms used (usually told that you have several of one type as well), and the end product. And basically you need to make the equation so there are enough atoms for a full reaction.

So the equation starts off with a single Na (sodium) atom and a single Br2 (bromine) molecule and when reacted they produce NaBr. So if you look at the equation, the Br2 molecule will be broken to make 2 Br atoms. Then only 1 of those atoms is used in the reaction, leaving a Br atom behind. To balance it, we add another Na atom to react with the left over Br atom, create two NaBr molecules.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

SOCL is gonna love this story in particular.

Im sitting in my Western Civilizations class today, and the kid next to me turns to me and asks what I wrote my comparisson paper on. I told him I wrote it on the Roman Republic and the Germanics. I then, being the polite young lad I am, asked him what his was on. He said "I wrote on how the Greeks borrowed from the Romans". So I said, "you mean, how the Romans borrowed from the Greeks?" He said, "No. The Greeks borrowed from the Roman culture." I said "Dude, the Roman civilization came into existence after the Greeks. By the time the Romans came to power, Greece had been invaded by Macedonia." And he said "No man. The Romans were first and the Greeks took from them." I just laughed to myself about how he was going to fail his paper.

Then later in the class, to further confirm his stupidity, as the professor was going over the artwork from the Renissance, the same kid asked "who painted that picture?" when the Mona Lisa came up. Not only does everyone in the world at least know who painted it, but the artist's name was right up there next to the title of the painting. GOSH!!!

Was your classmate sleeping through class, walking around in a stoned haze, or just stupid?

I really hate stupid people. Another funny thing that some moron said was in my American Revolution class. We were talking about the switch from the Articles of Confederation to the Constitution, and got to saying how there was now a executive branch of the government, where the President was elected via the electoral college. So the class got into a big discussion, and eventually this stupid kid says something to the effect that if the electoral college was scrapped and the country went to a direct election of the President, it would lower voter turnout because people would feel that their vote was being thrown away. Then this other kid was like "what are you talking about? If anything the vote is thrown away with the electoral college. With a direct election, every vote would count." And the first kid started arguing back, disagreeing, and me and the kid next to me just started laughing. I really hate stupid people.

If you don't mind, I'd like to state my opinion of the Electoral College (with as little detailed study/ research as possible) with this separate post:

As we know, virtually all elected positions in the United States are won or lost in a general election in the particular jurisdiction. However, the Presidential election -- which, incidentally, only fails to fall on a Leap year if the century/ 400 does not result in an integer -- works differently. The key to winning rests not on the popular vote, but rather on an Electoral vote. For those wondering how the numbers stack up (if I remember correctly):

1 Electoral vote = one Senate Seat

Therefore, winning big states (let's say, California, New York, Texas, California, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania) leaves you with a huge advantage. Part of the reasoning behind this (this is where I'm going to get theoretical, validate me if I'm correct or correct me if I'm wrong) is that although the people do get to choose, the states are now empowerd with the choice.

Ex. Evaders and I are running for President on opposing tickets. He will likely carry his home state, as would I (Yes, there are rare cases where a candidate loses his/ her home state -- quite humiliating), but that won't be the end. Although the popular vote will swing back and forth, he and I would be most concerned in states where loyalty is relatively divided. Such "Swing States" are usually where an election is won or lost. In the tight state campaigns, a swing of a few thousand votes may be enough to win a state outright. Of course, if you are very popular, you might want to try to get a clean sweep, but winning all 51 races (the 50 States + Washington D.C.) is all but impossible.

Anyway, I think I made a satisfactory attempt on the basics of the electoral college. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Except for California having two elections, almost. All states now force the electoral college to cast their votes to whomever won the popular vote. So the popular vote elects the president, essentially the electoral college is only there because of tradition.

What the electoral college should do is vote via percentage of the popular vote. For example, is candidate A receives 60% of the votes in a state and candidate B receives 40% of the votes, then 60% of the electoral colleges votes for A and the remaining 40% vote for B. I don't like the current electoral college process, yet understand why it was implemented in the first place. I just think it needs to be revised so that a Republican candidate can't say "Well I don't need to campaign in Texas since it's a red state" and a Democratic candidate can't say the same thing about New York. I just think this makes more sense.

My Website

Unfortunately today's schools tend to focus more on social promotion than actually trying to teach reading and writing and 'rithmetic (sic). It's surprising how many "high school graduates" cannot be called literate. And don't be surprised that math skills too are down the tubes.

I was thinking about that the other day because I was seriously considering dropping out as I was fed up with the general stupidity accompanied with school when it dawned on me: What would I do? School is primarilly a social situation in which you take work home to do, with the exception of my advanced classes.

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Unfortunatly, I believe that in today's society school is a must. If you want to live comfortably, you have to go to school and get an education. Many places just want to see that diploma of yours. It's so ridiculous. Like I have two Associates degrees (2-year degree; one in Accounting and one in Business Management) but I couldn't find a job. They all wanted 4-year degrees on top of previous work experience. How the heck do you find a job that wants work experience if you can't get that first job in the first place??? And the other jobs that didn't require college degrees paid pennies a day. And that's why at the age of 24 I am still in college, with another 2 years ahead of me. It's sad and frustrating, but it's what I have to do if I want to live a comfortable life in the future with a home and being able to put my kids through college (which will be even more ridiculous by that time).

My Website

They all wanted 4-year degrees on top of previous work experience. How the heck do you find a job that wants work experience if you can't get that first job in the first place???

Yep! That´s one of these paradoxons of todays life. It´s not reallistic to be young and have years of experience. :roll:

Who cares at all?! :roll:

Unfortunatly, I believe that in today's society school is a must. If you want to live comfortably, you have to go to school and get an education. Many places just want to see that diploma of yours. It's so ridiculous. Like I have two Associates degrees (2-year degree; one in Accounting and one in Business Management) but I couldn't find a job. They all wanted 4-year degrees on top of previous work experience. How the heck do you find a job that wants work experience if you can't get that first job in the first place??? And the other jobs that didn't require college degrees paid pennies a day. And that's why at the age of 24 I am still in college, with another 2 years ahead of me. It's sad and frustrating, but it's what I have to do if I want to live a comfortable life in the future with a home and being able to put my kids through college (which will be even more ridiculous by that time).

Rob, you really sound like me...One alternative I'm contemplating: When I get my Bachelor's in Accounting, I am also getting another associates in Criminal Justice and joining the NYPD...I'll gain my experience thorough processing the tax returns of all the guys in my precinct. Once there, I can start a small practice after my time on duty, which will likely be downstairs in my home in Freeport. I doubt my parents would object to my having an accounting practice in the house...after all, I might be able to use the practice to pay the bills for the house and then some.

Now, it's been a while since I've done chem ... 3 years since I've looked at a chemical equation in fact.

But, either you've written up your balance wrong in the browser, or something doesn't seem to fit. Mainly the fact that your balanced equation isn't balanced, you've got two sodium atoms and only one bromide now, and yet some how produce two molecules with it :wink:

BEAKed? :roll: (That one's for Tex)

For those who don't know how to balance chemical equations, it's really simple. Especially the one above. You're basically told the types of atoms used (usually told that you have several of one type as well), and the end product. And basically you need to make the equation so there are enough atoms for a full reaction.

So the equation starts off with a single Na (sodium) atom and a single Br2 (bromine) molecule and when reacted they produce NaBr. So if you look at the equation, the Br2 molecule will be broken to make 2 Br atoms. Then only 1 of those atoms is used in the reaction, leaving a Br atom behind. To balance it, we add another Na atom to react with the left over Br atom, create two NaBr molecules.

Ga! Stupid typo I made, there... You know what I meant! :P

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

(That one's for Tex)

YEAH! :twisted: Thanks Krytos! :D

My pleasure Tex :twisted:

Erm, yes ... well going through both Uni and High School I've met a few "idiots" in my time.

Truth be told, no stories jump out at me though, which is a crying shame because I knew at least 5-10 brickwalls in high school who would struggle with basic ... anything :?

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Ok.. so I'm late on this subject here.. but anyways... just thought I would put my two cents in..

@Tofu: You'd be surprised how many people you are going to run into that have no clue how to balance a chemical equation... i knew people in my engineering classes that couldnt do it... that was just insane.. 24 year old engineering majors.. that had no clue how to balance an equation??...

@malarkie: I actually had a person ask me once.... "but.. i dont get it.. where does the x come from?".. i was speechless...

That Evaders, and they focus on teaching to a stupid state test (i.e. TAAS now known as TAKS in texas) that has little more than basic knowledge on it. Seriously, when I took that thing.. it was basic algebra, english comprehension and writing that was it. It was sad, and here thats all the schools are teaching to for the first two years of high school, then after that you can skim by on the classes like "Math of money".. yes.. learning how to count coins.. its so ridiculous that high schools in this nation are producing graduates that can barely pass seventh grade math, and even worse that the G.E.D. offered as an equivalency to a high school degree has just about as much on it as an eighth grade test...

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg