Stupid Kid Next To Me

Darth_Rob

Well, Rob, perhaps that's because you wear a hat most of the time...at least according to your photos on Facebook. :roll:

I went to a high school that required us to wear a certain dress code, namely khaki, gray, or navy-blue pants and a collared shirt which was either white, blue, or hunter-green. We could wear sweaters, too, but it had to be a collar under or with it. Turtle necks were also acceptable, but had to meet the same colors for the shirt. It was rather dull, but overall we all looked better in dress (since most kids in my high school have no sense of style or just dressing, for that matter) and kept a lot of the clothing distractions out of class. I truly did hate it when it began in my first year of high school, especially coming from a public school with no dress code, but I must admit, it kept certain stresses out of school. Truly, it leveled the playing field, as they say. After having a bad, then improved experience with dress codes, I see no problems with them in grade schools.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no real issue with dress codes or school uniforms...

Though I will admit that some styles of shirts lead to me getting less of an education in some class... :roll::wink:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

They just need to make the really attractive people wear mid-drift shirts and then encourage them to do class presentations. Everyone pays attention then.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

When I said exposed, I meant exclusively while doing that stretch when you lean back and put your arms far behind your head. Only people who wear shirts to big for them don't show any skin.

We're not allowed to wear clothes that show any affiliation to anything. The administration is afraid that we will form gangs whose symbol is the Raiders logo or something.

So I am against dress codes. I just think that there are more important things to wory about, like upgrading the computer lab to something better than Windows NT.

Disregarding all new evidence everywhere.

I have no real issue with dress codes or school uniforms...

Though I will admit that some styles of shirts lead to me getting less of an education in some class... :roll::wink:

You may take this as a joke, Tofu, but going from a public school with no dress code to one with a fiercely enforced one, you see a major shift in attitude towards education. That's not say everyone is going to do better, but over all it takes away one apparently major distraction from studies. Truly, I didn't believe the blah-blah until I experienced it first hand.

• SWR Staff - Executive

I don't know... I can see that it may take away from some pressure, esp with the fashion divas out there. But it also gives the message that you need to conform to public thought, that students have no rights to self expression. The government should not be policing personal freedom that does not infringe on other people.

Generally I would say no to gang symbols.. but taking away every logo, esp in today's society of shameless advertising, would be very extreme.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.