Heroes

Darth_Rob

Does anybody else here in the states watch the show Heroes? I dont know what channel or time its on, but its on Mondays (though I have to wait until Tuesday before I can watch it). It's a really great show!

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a pretty cool television show. Basicly all these people are beginning to gain these "superhero powers". One of them can regenerate, one can teleport and stop time, one can fly, one can read minds, etc etc. It's really good.

My Website

Seriously. You could do so much. Never gotta worry about being late or traffic. But personally, it would be sweet to freeze time, walk into a store, snag all the cool stuff you want, and walk out. That's what I would do.

My Website

Seriously. You could do so much. Never gotta worry about being late or traffic. But personally, it would be sweet to freeze time, walk into a store, snag all the cool stuff you want, and walk out. That's what I would do.

I would change jobs and become a professional photographer snapping pictures of super models for Victoria's Secret. What does this have to do with stopping time you say? ... figure it out :twisted:

:lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I would change jobs and become a professional photographer snapping pictures of super models for Victoria's Secret. What does this have to do with stopping time you say? ... figure it out :twisted:

Unfortunately you'd fall asleep half-way through :twisted:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I love the Tofu-Tex feud.

But Tex raises a good point. Another positive side effect of the stopping of time. Another good use for it would be to stop time, grab your friend, lug him into a car, drive him to the mall, put him in some weird store, and then unfreeze time. That would be funny to suddenly be in some store in the mall and be like "hey, I didn't go out shopping..."

My Website

Haha... Jack Bauer trumps all... 112 Terrorists kills in the first 5 seasons! Can't wait to see how many more he tallies up this January ;-p

He dares you Imams to pray on a plane!

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

If I could control time I would go around as an anti-hero that is really kind of a hero. You know, the person who goes up and kills all the corrupt beaurocrats, and the hypocrits, and the evil capitalists (I don't dislike capitalists, just the evil ones.) and then the police would come after me, and they'd shoot at me and I'd freeze time, move out of the way, disarm all of the cops and then set time normal and it would seem like I moved really friggin fast, and yeah.

I'd go around gathering up all the attention I could.

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Another cool thing is that you can stop time, walk into the Oval Office, hide in a closet, and listen in on the President as he discusses top-secret information such as the research on alien bodies at Area 51, the disection of a Sasquatch captured in Oregon, and about what shade of red the backdrop should be for the "Mars Landing"...

My Website

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah... But as someone who's fantasized about stopping time late at night when sleep just won't come, certain questions arise: For instance, you clearly are now moving outside of time if you can move. This means that you are not on the same plane of existence as humanity- do such things as gravity still apply to you? Can you still drive a car when the gas is frozen in time, and thus really incapable of being moved? Heck, would you even be able to move in the first place? If you did freeze time and couldn't move, your brain functions would cease and time would never star again... So yes, time could be a very dangerous thing...

12/14/07

Unfortunately you'd fall asleep half-way through :twisted:

Yeah, well I'm only human; and after meeting tons of beautiful super models all the time, some sleep would be well deserved :D

Unlike really young inexperienced whipper-snappers who would prematurally fail "half-way through" .... getting ready :twisted::lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Who're you calling inexperianced, Tex? :twisted:

Really young whipper-snappers. You can tell who they are from their grammar and spelling mistakes :wink:

... certain questions arise: For instance, you clearly are now moving outside of time if you can move. This means that you are not on the same plane of existence as humanity- do such things as gravity still apply to you? Can you still drive a car when the gas is frozen in time, and thus really incapable of being moved? Heck, would you even be able to move in the first place? If you did freeze time and couldn't move, your brain functions would cease and time would never star again... So yes, time could be a very dangerous thing...

Just because you can move outside time doesnt mean your not on the same plane of existence Tofu.. it just means you can reach into or beyond the fourth dimension and no longer be constrained to the third dimension where time is only observable as a split second and as a past thought. Gravity would probably still exist seeing as how you are still on earth and our solar system blah blah blah... now when you get to the fuel and stuff.. it sounds like you saw "The Langoliers" recently or read it or something... just because you are living in the fourth dimension it doesnt mean that chemical properties or even mechanical properties change... just you did... thats all..... all that other crap is just hollywood man... or some stupid writer who doesnt even think beyond his desk and could care less about physics or quantum mechanics... gonna cut it short now... any questions?

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

If you stop time, you give off an aura, or forcefield if you will. You can control the size and shape of the aura to encompass whatever you like. This aura protects those inside from the stopiness (patent pending on this word) of time. Thus, you can make an aura to protect you and your car from the time stoppage and drive wherever you want. Also, if you want to take your best bud backstage at one of those photo shoots Tex was referring to, you can.

As for the gravity, you just place the aura around the object and the object is thus back to how it is naturally, gravitationally speaking.

My Website

... certain questions arise: For instance, you clearly are now moving outside of time if you can move. This means that you are not on the same plane of existence as humanity- do such things as gravity still apply to you? Can you still drive a car when the gas is frozen in time, and thus really incapable of being moved? Heck, would you even be able to move in the first place? If you did freeze time and couldn't move, your brain functions would cease and time would never star again... So yes, time could be a very dangerous thing...

Just because you can move outside time doesnt mean your not on the same plane of existence Tofu.. it just means you can reach into or beyond the fourth dimension and no longer be constrained to the third dimension where time is only observable as a split second and as a past thought. Gravity would probably still exist seeing as how you are still on earth and our solar system blah blah blah... now when you get to the fuel and stuff.. it sounds like you saw "The Langoliers" recently or read it or something... just because you are living in the fourth dimension it doesnt mean that chemical properties or even mechanical properties change... just you did... thats all..... all that other crap is just hollywood man... or some stupid writer who doesnt even think beyond his desk and could care less about physics or quantum mechanics... gonna cut it short now... any questions?

Never seen it before- However, if you stop time supposedly those things that were in the air would remain in the air. That is to say, they would be precisely where they were when time stopped. Thus now gravity is a function of time, is it not?

As for a chemical reaction- chemicals will covalently bond when they reach a point of balance. That is to say they are at the point where the attraction of one atom to another precisely equals the repulsion exerted upon it by the like charges of the nuclei. This requires movement. If time is stopped, these molecules are not longer vibrating. Hell, now that I really start thinking about, unless you have Rob's aura you can't move very much at all.

All of the individual particles in the air are frozen in place by this lack of time... Ah jeeze, this is too deep of thinking.

Bottom line: "Who're" is commonly accepted as a contraction of "Who are," the same way as "Y'all" is accepted as "you all" and "All y'all" is accepted as "Everyone who can hear me."

Come to think of it, "who're" may well be an accepted contraction...

12/14/07

I guess I can see what you are saying Tofu.. but you started to speak about being outside the plane of exitence.. not just stopping time.. so hence why i went into that whole mess... however, gravity as you are thinking of it.. as in the acceleration due to gravity... has the units of meters per second squared.. or feet per second squared.. however you are also forgetting that a second is an arbitrary unit.. a unit man made up just to explain frequency... to explain the rising and setting of the sun... time is more than just we perceive it to be.. its all RELATIVE.. hahaha.. (lets get into that.. nah..).. anyways.. and yes you could argue that as the flame from the combustion of the gas started to burn it would freeze being that it has to propagate through the cylinder of the engine (move through time) in order to burn all the fuel in order to push the piston down so you can make the conversion from chemical energy to mechanical... but what I am argueing Tofu is that purely "moving outside of time" doesn't make you unable to use the items in the dimension below you... i.e. the third dimension. The earth and the solar system and all the spatial stuff out there would still exert forces on you and cause gravity... as would gasoline still burn. but just talking for science fiction sake... "stopping time" would cause such phenomena....

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

Here's a joke...

Guy 1: TIME does not exist!

Guy 2: How do you figure?

Guy 1: Can you give me the EXACT time boy?

Guy 2: 4:15, and 17 seconds.

Guy 1: WRONG, it is no longer 4:15 and 17 seconds, time has changed. Therefore the future is ever becoming the present, and the present is ever becoming the past and we cannot interact with the past so therefore, time does not exist!

(Something like that.)

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Objects would still exert gravity, but all chemical reactions take some time to work, so gasoline would not burn, and because everything is not moving, temperature would be absolute zero, and I can't stand to be cold. So I would settle for the cheerleaders powers, or maybe that guy who can move through solid stuff.
Disregarding all new evidence everywhere.