PS3 Nuts

Darth_Rob

For those of you who don't know, Sony's PS3 releases on Friday. I just wanted to say how there were sick and mentally insane people sitting outside retailers yesterday. I went grocery shopping at Walmart, and there was a line in front of the store of 14 people who were sitting in lawn chairs waiting for Friday to get a PS3. That is the most disgusting thing in the world. Who can sit outside for 3 days just to get a freakin video game system that will be available to everyone in the world at a reduced price 3 months from now???

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sony knows market strategy. They put out a few, and I mean very few of the PlayStation3, driving the market crazy until the full release. At the time of the full release, all the people who wanted one, and a good portion of those who didn't, will go out and buy one.

But now you have people (I know at least three individuals) sitting outside of electronics stores and the like to buy one of these limited early versions to then turn around, go on eBay, and sell them for double or triple, maybe even more. It's really not a bad idea, but I see one major problem, namely that a lot of these nutcases are carrying pistols to protect themselves. Well, I'm sure there's going to be at least one diehard fan who's going to get a little pissed off when he doesn't get his copy...and then the police get involved, and then the news arrive, and then...

Has anyone read Jennifer Government by Max Barry? It's actually rather relevant in this moment...despite hvaing been written as a satire.

The American public really is stupid. I mean, do you have to have something that bad?? Really?? Like that whole "Tickle Me Elmo" thing that went down when it first came out.. mothers scraping at each other ready to beat each other down just to get an elmo for their kid..

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

Now that was ridiculous. Paying freakin hundreds of dollars for a stupid stuffed animal. Im kinda scared cause this year the Tickle Me Elmo Extreme is out...

Here is the most recent auction on ebay

My Website

3800$!!!! That is just mad. What a stupid way to waste your money.

EDIT: Was it really worth it?

Good god, that's absurd... Not to be cliche but: "Videogames made me do it!"

Seriously though, what's the point? There aren't that many good launch-games so why "kill" someone for something that isn't even very good yet.

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

That's utterly sad ...

I can't think of anything else to say :?

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

I knew it! I knew it! I'd been saying it, "Someone's going to get shot over the PS3" and look...it happened. :x Sometimes I hate being right.

Everyone needs to read Jennifer Government by Max Barry. Nearly every damn thing he has predicted concerning captialism has come true, including people shooting each other over some rare item... 8O

Where can i find the book?
Amazon search for Jennifer Government. The book has been printed in many different languages, so you may be interested in looking for one of those.

In any event, Max predicted nearly all of this recent nonsense (shooting people over something, tatoo company adverts on ones body, blah), so I think it's time everyone started arming themselves with knowledge. If this trend continues, soon companies like Nike and Coca-Cola will control the world... 8O

Read the book.

I fear the release of the Wii more than the release of the PS3. The Wii retails for soooo much cheaper, so more people are going to be inclined to snag one. I think that the release of the Wii may cause the Apocolapse and the second coming of Hannibal...

My Website

I fear the release of the Wii more than the release of the PS3. The Wii retails for soooo much cheaper, so more people are going to be inclined to snag one. I think that the release of the Wii may cause the Apocolapse and the second coming of Hannibal...

Which Hannibal? Hannibal the Canibal or Hannibal the "I'm going to crush Rome by going through the alps with a bunch of elephants, but in reality I'm going to get my head handed to me and wind up screwing over Carthage?" 'Cause the second one we can deffinately deal with if he tries the same strategy. And if we can't, hey, it's just Italy. All they have are cows and pizza. And we already have the recipe for pizza!

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Which Hannibal? Hannibal the Canibal or Hannibal the "I'm going to crush Rome by going through the alps with a bunch of elephants, but in reality I'm going to get my head handed to me and wind up screwing over Carthage?" 'Cause the second one we can deffinately deal with if he tries the same strategy. And if we can't, hey, it's just Italy. All they have are cows and pizza. And we already have the recipe for pizza!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Nice.....

"The Chimaera is at your command, Admiral."

—Captain Gilad Pellaeon

... All they have are cows and pizza. And we already have the recipe for pizza!

And what do you call all of those "critters" that make milk and cheese all over the country, especially in Wiz-kahn-sun (Wisconsin). And what in the world are cowboys doing ... roundin' up cats? FLASHBACK. Well, you know what I mean :P

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Wow, it's hard to find the words to express what I am thinking after reading that. That's just sad. That tells you how ridiculous people can be. It's just a freaking console. You can get more later in the year.. who cares if you dont have it for christmas.. like its really that important?.. and like AI said.. there are no decent games out for it yet!.. and wow.. 3800 dollars?!?! for a reserved PS3!?!.. how stupid..

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg