Star Wars: The Best of PC (5 games for $39.99)

budious

LucasArts today announced that, for the first time ever, five of the greatest Star Wars® games for the personal computer, plus a free 14-day trial of Star Wars Galaxies, will be packaged together in Star Wars: The Best of PC. This exciting new compilation will be released this month, and will be available only for the holiday 2006 season for a suggested price of $39.99.

Star Wars: The Best of PC features titles from some of the most popular videogame franchises ever released. Combined, the games have sold millions of copies worldwide and, for the first time, are available in one box. Included in Star Wars: The Best of PC are: Star Wars®: Empire at War™, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic®, Star Wars Battlefront™, Star Wars Jedi Knight® II: Jedi Outcast™, and Star Wars Republic Commando™. In addition, a 14-day trial of the popular online experience, Star Wars Galaxies®, is included in the package.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

i heard about this a few months back when i was browsing through titles coming to PC.. and they had yet to release the names of the games included... when i got my lucasarts email about two weeks ago it told me... and.. you listed them here... but im still very disappointed... "The best of PC" my ass... i think the smart thing to do wouldve been to include old titles which were favorites and are now unavailable... being that you can still buy every single one of those titles.. or that they arent even that old, really makes me mad.. im sure most lucasarts fans have a copy of every single one of those already..

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

... "The best of PC" my ass...

[rant]

I have to agree with JH here. The greatest Star Wars games for the personal computer aren't entirely listed :x . How about our favorite ... Rebellion (Supremacy)? What about X-wing, Tie Fighter, X-wing vs Tie Fighter? I think those money grubbing lazy $h!t heads are trying to get rid of the surplus of those "other" games. I've never played XWA (X-wing Alliance), but heard it was pretty good, and some fan group actually "re-did" Tie Fighter using the XWA engine! But alas, even XWA is dumped :(

With todays graphics and software/hardware advances, all of the "old" games would be so kick arse! :twisted: They should come take a look at the SWR threads for improving Rebellion (Supremacy) to get an idea on how good and exciting the game is and could be. I can only hope and pray ...

[/rant]

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I actually have a pack of games with what i consider to be the real best of Lucasarts. Meaning it contains:

- X-Wing Collector edition

- Rebel Assault

- Dark Forces.

All its missing is Rebellion for it to be a perfect package.

:wink:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

I think a $4.99 package including the "Worst of PC" games from LucasArts would be more appealing myself.

Force Commander

Obi-Wan

Star Wars Pod Racer

The Phantom Menace

... any others? (Perhaps XWA, excellent engine, but the game lacked the Tie Fighter series style of mission and action)

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

I´ve heard about it. But it doesn´t look very interesting to me. If I want to get a version of KOTOR than it´s much cheaper to get it from ebay.

Uhm, Obi Wan? Thought that has never been released?? 8O

Who cares at all?! :roll:

... any others? (

Uh...Jedi Power Battles for PS1 sucked majorly. And lest we forget the Super Bombad Racing game.

Ooh. I almost forgot the worst of the worst. Masters of Teras Kasi. It was a Star Wars fighting game for PS1. That was horrible.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

... any others? (

Masters of Teras Kasi. It was a Star Wars fighting game for PS1. That was horrible.

Oh yeah... I remember that one now, it was the sux0r'd alright... takes top spot... right behind force commander :)

I don't know which was worse...the graphics, the gameplay, the controls, or the fact that the Gammorean guard character would grow to 4 times his size and then shrink back down to normal size by blowing fire out of his mouth like a flamethrower. Or the Tusken Raider who bellowed out green poisonous gas. Or...man, I can go on forever about that game.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I'm sad to see that the old games weren't included, but let's face it- they have to make money, and too many people out there want a game who's plot consists of "Lots of stuff blowed up real good"

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Still it must be said that the games included in the package are far from being the worst out there... Makes me think I should get back to making that map for Republic Commando. :)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance