Darth_Rob

Does Sasquatch Exist?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Does Sasquatch Exist?

• Of course!
    • I guess it could be kinda possible...
    • No way! It's impossible!!!
    • Rob's on crack

I was wondering what everyone thought of the Bigfoot-type animal. I have had a fascination with the lore of it for years. I just find it so amazing that the same animal is claimed to exist in so many different countries, with varying names, colors, sizes, etc. Here in the states and I think parts of Canada its called Sasquatch. But there are some different variations of it from state to state. I was curious to what everyone thinks, and also what it is actually called where you live.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it possibly could exist, no matter how arrogant the human race is.. we have to admit we dont know everything. But, that being said I can't say it definately exists just due to the lack of evidence. However, you will never catch me saying that it doesn't exist. And in my parts its called bigfoot / sasquatch.

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

Unless bigfoot is sentient and really wants to be left alone, he doesn't exist. I voted that you're on crack, Rob, but that was just on general principle. :twisted:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Actually that option for just for you Tofuties.

@ LLF and J: Are there any "sightings" by you guys? I know I never heard of one in England (since the Sasquatch was probabally kicked out by giants and fairies) or Hungary.

My Website

BigFoot was a story invened by the British settlers in Canada so that the French and the Americans would leave the country alone, thus allowing them to exploit this rich land for all it's resources.

At least that's what my gramma told me after she told me that story about how StoneHenge was the remains of the third little piggy's house after the big bad wolf gt tired of huffing and puffing and decided to call in a Nazi airstrike on it...

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

if i may add something.... people were debating the existence of the giant squid only a few years back.. and we were certain it was impossible.. it was only a myth... and now?.. we have specimens measuring up to 10 meters!... maybe its not exactly what some people speculated about or wrote stories about.. but it still exists and we were proven wrong.. my point is.. that we should never discount something outright just because it seems improbable.. i think we owe it to ourselves to be open to the possibility that something exists beyond our comprehension and knowledge... such as bigfoot. dont have to say it exists.. but i would think its at least possible. Its a pretty big feat to talk in certainties.

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

... Its a pretty big feat to talk in certainties.

"Absolute power, corrupts absolutely"

Well, I can (probably) say safely, Bigfoot doesn't live in Texas. Not that we wouldn't mind having him stay here, but it's probably too hot for him and I think all of the illegal aliens running around would creep him out. They sure don't do anything to make me feel secure :evil:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I still think bigfoot is just a wookiee... :lol:

There you go.

Sightings? We have no mountains in our country since 1920... so barely. Anyway where are those sightings usually? (if there are any).

A giant squid is one thing, but a bigfoot would be a yet unknown species.

So if anyone thinks that Rob is not someking again, please start to define what a bigfoot actually is :)

Giant Squid vs. Bigfoot: Two totally different topics- The primary reason we never captured a giant squid was because they live so far beneath the ocean that it's extremely difficult to find one, and even moreso to capture it. The Earth is 2/3 water (Which kind of makes you wonder at the name), thus the giant squid had a huge playground to hide in.

I stand by what I said before- bigfoot would have to be sentient to have remained hidden from our overcrowded planet.

... That said, I have heard a theory that Bigfoot is the evolutionary desendant of the mysterious Neanderthals (Who, in fact, were smarter than the Cro Magnon (Modern human))

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Giant Squid vs. Bigfoot: Two totally different topics-

Not really.. both were at one time highly popular mythical creatures, both not thought to exist. Perhaps different circumstances.. but not different topics.

The primary reason we never captured a giant squid was because they live so far beneath the ocean that it's extremely difficult to find one, and even moreso to capture it. The Earth is 2/3 water (Which kind of makes you wonder at the name), thus the giant squid had a huge playground to hide in.

I stand by what I said before- bigfoot would have to be sentient to have remained hidden from our overcrowded planet.

I never said bigfoot wasnt sentient, but even so.... to persist that just to hide from the human race you have to be sentient?... cockroaches are a known species yes, but how many times have you seen one?.. and there are THOUSANDS in your house probably more.. (depending on where you live.. its NOT dependent on your living conditions).. stray cats are abundant in my apartment complex.. (only since I hear them at night do i know this) and yet, I've only seen one. and these are all places that we are around ALL THE TIME.. go to the sierras or the rockies.. how many people are there? not very many... we may know of the rockies.. we may have technology that can see them and measure them.. but i can guarantee you not every square mile is watched or even explored to the fullest extent.. hell.. i bet you that there are cave systems above and below ground that we have yet to even discover.... which a non sentient animal could hide in.

Sightings? We have no mountains in our country since 1920... so barely.

There you go, Bigfoot exists. They moved and took LLF's mountains in the great migration just before 1920 :D

You would have figured they would be easy to spot since they were taking whole mountains with them :? An obscure theory (generated by the Chupacabra people) is that Bigfoot fur has the same properties of an invisible cloak, thus hiding them in plain sight 8O

LOOK OUT ROB!! THERE'S A BIGFOOT BEHIND YOU!!

Oh, nevermind, it's just a shadow ... from ... something :P

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

What about sightings and adventurers? I'm sure hundreds of bored people already tried to find the beast. Yet with no luck. Not even a bone was found. Or was it?

The squid is still a different topic I think, as we knew that there were large squids before. There is no great difference between normal sized squids and the huge ones, except that those grow bigger. It can grow to 10 meters, but it could be also 2,3,4,5,x meters long. A Mountain-Wookie is a different thing as there are no ancestors , no relatives.

Neanderthaler men did exist and mixed up with cro magnon people, most of them probably were slain (but there are proofs, that half neander half cro m. were actually born.) It is an interesting thought. But the problem is, that those people were wandering to the west (upon bones found), so the last of them lived somewhere in Western Europe. I don't see any chance to find one in the US.

I never said bigfoot wasnt sentient, but even so.... to persist that just to hide from the human race you have to be sentient?... cockroaches are a known species yes, but how many times have you seen one?.. and there are THOUSANDS in your house probably more.. (depending on where you live.. its NOT dependent on your living conditions).. stray cats are abundant in my apartment complex.. (only since I hear them at night do i know this) and yet, I've only seen one. and these are all places that we are around ALL THE TIME.. go to the sierras or the rockies.. how many people are there? not very many... we may know of the rockies.. we may have technology that can see them and measure them.. but i can guarantee you not every square mile is watched or even explored to the fullest extent.. hell.. i bet you that there are cave systems above and below ground that we have yet to even discover.... which a non sentient animal could hide in.

Stray cats and cockroaches aren't about seven foot tall and similar to apes in physique by the accounts of the Bigfoot myth; that means it's not just virtually impossible for it as a species to have remained hidden for so long in the environment where the myth has reported it to lurk; North America and Canada, but more importantly not to have an effect on the ecosystem around it to have gone unnoticed. Being that big requires quite a lot of food, the more so in evidence if it was a herbivore. It simply doesn't make any sense scientifically. You've got bears in your neck of the woods, right? That's probably your Bigfoot legend.

And Tofu put it perfectly about giant squids. We've only had the technology to wade from the shallows into the depths of 2/3 of the planet to discover new species of living creatures realistically within the last decade; despite the hints turning up as scars on beached sperm whales from their encounters with these awesome creatures. Wikipedia has reasonably good entry on the giant squid btw.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

One theory is that Sasquatch is actually an alien. You see, aliens are here, on earth. They constructed underground bunkers where they bide their time, studying the human world, until the time is right to strike. Sasquatch is placed in the area of the underground hangar by the aliens as a guardian. And just so you know, this is full of truthiness since I read it in a book. And books don't lie.

My Website

One theory is that Sasquatch is actually an alien. You see, aliens are here, on earth. They constructed underground bunkers where they bide their time, studying the human world, until the time is right to strike. Sasquatch is placed in the area of the underground hangar by the aliens as a guardian. And just so you know, this is full of truthiness since I read it in a book. And books don't lie.

Yeah, I saw the same thing on TV long ago, I think it was a double episode of The Six Million Dollar Man :lol::D:P:wink:

Edited by DarthTex

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a339/mugatu123/squirrel-odd.jpg

Gentleman, I think the debate is over. :lol:

Oops! Not by me! :):wink:

Edited by Jahled
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif