Ever Broken a bone?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Ever Broken a bone?

• None, I'm Superman.
    • One
    • Two
    • Three
    • More (Let me out of this body cast)

Finally found where you first mentioned losing your left arm "From mid-humerous on down." Congrats- not many people know that that is the name for the bone running from your shoulder to your elbow. I broke mine and, consequentially, learned what it was called. (Doctor: What the hell? I've only seen old men and women break this bone before! Me: Shut up and give me meds, dammit!)

So I was thinking; who here has broken a bone (or several) so far in their life?

As far as I've been able to tell I haven't broken any regular bones in my lifetime. I may however have broken my tailbone without realising it when I was 11.

"You ok?"

*Sniff* "I'm OK. Owie, ouch, eeee it hurts."

I've broken both of my collar bones. At different times, but ... both from playing (American) football. Missed out on two seasons :evil: That new safety equipment (shoulder pads) used now would have been a Godsend back in the day :D
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I broke one of my collar bones at three, my thumb when I was 18 for sure.. meaning a doctor told me i broke them and i wore what i could to fix them.. and i believe i broke my wrist sometime in my past without knowing or doing anything about it.

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

Never broke any bones. But a few years ago I was on my quad driving through the woods, and I was going up a hill. Only I didn't go up fast enough, and the quad flipped over. It landed on my foot, but that was fine. However I received a small scar when my chin landed on a rock.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I've broken the same ankle twice.

Once when I was 11, doing stoopid eleven year old stuff and the other when I was 24, playing beach volleyball. The sand shifted under my feet when I landed after spiking the ball and I fell. I fell hard.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

I've broken the same ankle twice.

Once when I was 11, doing stoopid eleven year old stuff and the other when I was 24, playing beach volleyball. The sand shifted under my feet when I landed after spiking the ball and I fell. I fell hard.

8O8O8O Wormie returns! A forum member thought to be dead, but apparently very much alive! 8O8O8O

The dead are rising... Scath will be back soon...

Erm, right... As you all know, I broke my humerous (Don't make the obvious joke. It sucks, and I heard it 800+ times when it was in a 'shoulder immobilizer')

Didn't know that it was broken until the following day when I got it X-rayed after a sleepless night that consisted primarily of "SSSSSSTTTTTHHHHH! AH! SSSSSSTTTTTHHHHH! AH! SSSSSSTTTTTHHHHH! AH! SSSSSSTTTTTHHHHH! AH!..."

Nine weeks in the damned thing, and I wasn't even allowed to run because there was a fear that doing as much would shift the bones out of allignment, meaning that I'd have to get some of my marrow drilled out and a large metal rod stuck in its place. >.< Not fun...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

[quote="DarthTofu

"SSSSSSTTTTTHHHHH! AH! SSSSSSTTTTTHHHHH! AH! SSSSSSTTTTTHHHHH! AH! SSSSSSTTTTTHHHHH! AH!..."

quote]

Tofu is Vader! it all makes sense now.

The closest I ever came was when my sister swung a bat at me as hard as she could. I barely could move that arm the next week cause of the bruise.

Disregarding all new evidence everywhere.

Well I have a fused left wrist - fused after they rebroke it twice. I have plates and rods in my neck from shattering my first three vertebrae in a car accident and broke my shoulder at the same time. My right pinkie finger was cut off in the accident and sewed back on minus part of the bone. Thats it for me dudes. - Grand Moff Conway

I can't remember ever needing to go to the hospital for anything but visits.

You're lucky then. I remember a bee stung me in the eyelid and I had to wait around for hours before I was even looked at. And the whole time I was waiting my eye kept on swelling and swelling until I looked like Rocky at the end of Rocky 1

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

"SSSSSSTTTTTHHHHH! AH! SSSSSSTTTTTHHHHH! AH! SSSSSSTTTTTHHHHH! AH! SSSSSSTTTTTHHHHH! AH!..."

I figured thats what you were trying to quote... no offense here Tofu, Im just ranting about Family Guy (which i used to love).. that joke is so freakin old.. it was used in an old episode of family guy back in like the 2nd season.. and it was hilarious then.... the first time.. and maybe the second i saw it. but now.. Seth McFarlane (creator of Family Guy) has used it at least twice more in his "new" episodes.. and its just annoying.. the show has lost its edginess and its comedic value... they shouldve left it dead.

You're lucky then. I remember a bee stung me in the eyelid and I had to wait around for hours before I was even looked at.

8O ... you livin in Canada dude?! 8O i remember when i was living there the only way to go to a doctor was to go to an emergency room and they were packed.. you were guaranteed at least a 2 hr wait...

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

8O ... you livin in Canada dude?! 8O i remember when i was living there the only way to go to a doctor was to go to an emergency room and they were packed.. you were guaranteed at least a 2 hr wait...

2 hour wait ... man, what speedy service! Do you know how "critical" broken collar bones are? It's simple ... they aren't! Average wait time for me was 5 hours!

Doctor: Sorry it took so long. Does this hurt (* pokes & prods me *)

Me: YES!

Doctor: Well ... there's nothing we can really do but immobilize it. Put this sling on and you'll be ready to go in 6 to 8 weeks. Oh, and the soreness should diminish over the next day or two. NEXT!

Don't even get me started on knee ligaments :evil:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Yep.. I'm living in Canada. The medical care may be free, but that means that people go to the emergency room for trivial things. And it's a first come, first serve basis.. unless you're missing body parts, or growing new ones. Bur it shouldn't have taken hours to see me, I mean, I was stung in the freakin eye!!

Bur it shouldn't have taken hours to see me, I mean, I was stung in the freakin eye!!

When I was in Calgary I had to go to the hospital for my broken thumb... and there was a person.. sitting there... bleeding.. and they waited at least a couple hours...

... My dad was in the Navy, thus I have access to military hospitals- severely reduced costs, severely decreased wait-time. I plan to join the Sea Bees partly because of that benefit....

12/14/07

my eye kept on swelling and swelling until I looked like Rocky at the end of Rocky 1
*has a flashback of seeing wormie tumble around, screaming Aaaaadriaaaaaan* :lol:

Right, now for the part about broken bones and where it applied to my index finger's central joint.

Let's say it was a basketball pass that ... failed ... to pass my hand just by a bit. A bit of that joint in the finger broke loose, but luckily my fear of losing mobility in it didn't come true.

At first I didn't think it'd be broken and since we were in the middle of warmup in a gym class I kept going. Afterwards, throughout the Volleyball game I wondered if it might be sprained, since it kept swelling, so I took a timeout and told the teacher I'd see a doc about it. After changing my clothes, I let a very thin jet of cool water dribble down it and it felt like the finger was struck by a hammer.

Clenching my teeth I thought "Ok ... maybe it's broken...." :roll:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

my eye kept on swelling and swelling until I looked like Rocky at the end of Rocky 1
*has a flashback of seeing wormie tumble around, screaming Aaaaadriaaaaaan* :lol:

More like "AAAAAAAAAAALDERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"*Disolves into fits of laughter*

12/14/07

Let's say it was a basketball pass that ... failed ... to pass my hand just by a bit. A bit of that joint in the finger broke loose, but luckily my fear of losing mobility in it didn't come true.

At first I didn't think it'd be broken and since we were in the middle of warmup in a gym class I kept going. Afterwards, throughout the Volleyball game I wondered if it might be sprained, since it kept swelling, so I took a timeout and told the teacher I'd see a doc about it. After changing my clothes, I let a very thin jet of cool water dribble down it and it felt like the finger was struck by a hammer.

Clenching my teeth I thought "Ok ... maybe it's broken...." :roll:

Amazing how its always after the class that it starts to hurt. :wink:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

I broke a bone in my hand, quite badly in fact (you can still see the lump from where it healed crooked). this was most likely due to heavy consumption of whiskey..

Then their was cinco de may (err mayo? maio? whatever) when i got drunk and did a faceplant onto a concrete garage floor, but thankfully only broke my pride and my lip.

More recently I fractured my wrist (err i believe thats what happened to it) while punching my friends rock hard abs while drunk off my a**

Now that I think about it about 95% of my injuries have been drinking related. mmm beer

http://nordwindranger.com

I should really make a flashy banner