The Undead Have Risen!!

JediHunter

What would you do in the case that the undead have risen?.. there are many options.. and you dont have to stick with one.. instead of a poll i say we discuss it... and maybe Formulate a plan for when the day DOES happen.. 8O:lol: ... i would personally first raid a guns and ammo shop.. or even wal mart for some shot guns.. and then steal a good car... or use my own... and get the hell out of dodge... but thats too easy.. and boring.. hehehe.. but for some excitement.. i would hole up at the tower of the UT campus.. or something comparable near me.. (sorry for small size.. best i could find) and snipe some zombies for awhile.. at least for half my rations worth... then maybe go out.. kill some.. and then head out of town.. lol.. if i could..

a fun simulator.. look for the variations for fun.. hehe

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey you on the right lines JH, but I'd save a couple of survivors (ahem most likey hot chicks), and then head out of town.

R.I.P Daur lost in the great SWRebellion shake up of '06'

"no one will remeber you"

Alec Guinness would of kicked Ewan McGregor's arse, if he was still Obi Wan

First, guns and ammo, shotguns and automatics, having a garand is nice, but you have to hit the zombie in the head. Mines would be nice.

second, canned food and matches, not a camp stove, that will run out of propane before the town is out of matches. Though almost more important, a can opener.

Third, other survivors (hot chicks, ex-military types) for power in numbers, and that one really irritating guy for bait.

Fourth, a structurally sound building that can take a shake or two. Prefferably with two intrances on opposite sides of the building.

And an optional fifth, if you live in the wilderness, like me, some camo suits for expeditions for more food and guns. And deoderant.

Disregarding all new evidence everywhere.

I'd try to get to the nearest island, assuming the zombies cannot swim. However, in Romero's latest movie: Land of the Dead, the zombies gained some intelligence and were able to go through some deep water.

http://www.geocities.com/xenogears23/Jokersinsigmgs.jpg

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - Katharine Hepburn

Correct me if I'm wrong, but being, you know, undead and all, wouldn't it be impossible to kill a Zombie? Just saying.

As for me- I live on an island in a relatively flat area. Closest area that would be a cool defense is Kennedy Space Center, so I suppose I'd head over there. Can't exactly crush Zombies in the crawler (Top speed: one(1) miles per hour.) but can still have some fun blasting any that get onto the launch pad. :twisted:

Suppose I would like to have some military types with me- matter o' fact I think I'd stop by the local airforce base and get a couple of fighter pilots and their planes to help me out along with a couple of bombers.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I played Urban Dead for a bit, then quit it.

As for me, I would definetly have to raid a sporting goods dealer and stock up on ammo and guns. I would also bring one of my swords in case there are any "close encounters". Then I think I would hunt them, rather than wait for them to come to me. I would drive through town, stealing a new car as gas ran out or the car was damaged or whatever. Just stop the car, shoot em all up, and then drive on. It would be real nice if I could get my hands on a flamethrower, because that would mess the zombies up!

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

The dead are rising?!?!?

Damn . . well, seeing as we don't have guns down under, I'd have to grab what ever's on hand and make use of my cunning skills as a . . . designer to kick some zombie ass . . . crap :wink:

But, if I were at home! I could grab one of our axes, take my brother's track car . . . ok, let's not - I'd like to have a spine after driving down a road. Better yet, my brother's Audi 80 Quattro - then drive to my mates house and recruit him and his new 4x4 and bull bar and start saving the city.

"Women and children first! . . . Ah, scratch that - women only." :P:roll:

Ah, movies work wonders on the imagination.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

First I'd stock up on as much gasoline as I could (lots of deisel in the gas out here.)

then I'd bust into a mall (cliche I know.) raid all of the following;

A gun store: Handguns mainly, some carbines, and a shotgun on a sling. Lots of ammo.

A Leather Store: Get a good motorcycle jacket with lightweight mesh underneath. Those suckers are tough to bite through. Maybe some leather leggings too, probably rawhide.

I'd let in whatever survivors there were, dispose of the infected and then set to work making napalm with styrofoam and the gas I stole. Then I'd spend the rest of the days picking off the dead by dropping canisters of napalm on them, and shooting the crap out of them. We'd be all right for food and such for a long enough time, but yeah.

That's all I'd really be able to do. There's nowhere to escape to in the desert. Except the mountains and the caves, but thats lame and wouldn't last long. So I'd rather take my chances trying to kill off a city's worth of zombies until they were all gone.

I

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

What would really be cool is if you had a tank, then you could just run the zombies over. You just pretty much go wherever you wanted, and you'd only be vulnerable if you decided to get out for whatever reason. If you did want to get out, just make sure you run over all of the zombies first.

http://www.geocities.com/xenogears23/Jokersinsigmgs.jpg

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - Katharine Hepburn

What would really be cool is if you had a tank, then you could just run the zombies over. You just pretty much go wherever you wanted, and you'd only be vulnerable if you decided to get out for whatever reason. If you did want to get out, just make sure you run over all of the zombies first.

There's a problem there buddy.

Gas.

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

• SWR Staff - Executive

Hmmm are you talking about Dead Rising?

Just the most mind-numbing going-around-and-killing-things game... only entertaining when my mind is already shut down

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I was actually thinking about what to do in the event of a zombie uprising a few weeks ago. I came to the conclusion that I would lead an expedition to Fort Henry. One of the largest and oldest fortifications in the area. Right next to the Fort is the Royal Military College and there's a major Forces base with an artillery range nearby.

The Fort is ideal as it's manned most of the year except for parts of the winter. A reenactor's bayonette will do just as much damage to a zombie as a real soldier's one. Plus these guys know how to do the British fighting square/box formation... thing.

Hmmm are you talking about Dead Rising?

Just the most mind-numbing going-around-and-killing-things game... only entertaining when my mind is already shut down

I'm pretty sure this is just some crazy, hypothetical "What If" thing - What If zombies attacked you, and not to do with that game.

... well . . . at least I HOPE it's hypothetical 8O

*Huddles into a corner with an axe*

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

AI certainly seems to want his leather jacket. It's just as well- being a piece of cow and possibly even soaked in brain juices the Zombies might like it. :twisted: (Seriously, one of the oldest tanning methods of all time involves using deer brains on what you want to tan)

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Scratch my first post on this topic, but I think Loughborough which is in the middle of England somewhere would a great back drop for a Zombie movie, we have all the great elements, Police Station with Armed Police unit (would be Swat in America), so nice gun looting there, we have "Astra" which is some Crazy Labratory, a Leather shop, the Abandoned School, the Market place. The Gun Store, 5 supermarkets for food, The T.A unit (which is the Territoral Army, I think its National Guardmens in America), which has a Tank and other usuful Vehicles. the is only one drawback though, we don't either a Abandoned Circus or Zoo. oh! and one more thing!, we have some nice tall buildings to hide in.

Also I surpose I'd have to Save my Girlfriend lol.

R.I.P Daur lost in the great SWRebellion shake up of '06'

"no one will remeber you"

Alec Guinness would of kicked Ewan McGregor's arse, if he was still Obi Wan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but being, you know, undead and all, wouldn't it be impossible to kill a Zombie? Just saying.

I think we are all going off the "fact" that zombies still use their brain (even though very small) for some lower functions such as the limping around and moaning.. and the only way to kill them is with a shot that severs the spinal cord and brain... or at least thats what im talking about...

now i know this may sound silly to all y'all.. but.. I'm trying to be as realistic and as optimistic when it comes to this.. i mean.. i think the last thing to happen would be a military base being infected or even accessible to those trying to survive. In all reality I find it possible that ground zero of infection would indeed become just that... ground zero... to a nuke... if i were President or whatever.. thats what i would do... kill the few to save the many....

but beyond that.. I'm thinking practicality.. if you noticed a zombie in the road on your way to work.. you dont have a lot of time to act really... because its probably already to far gone... all youve got is you, your car and whatever else you happen to have with you.. i dont think it would be a simple task to go pick up a tank.. or gallons upon gallons of gasoline... or for me to kill my cities worth of zombies.. you are talking two million people for me... thats tough just to have that many bullets!.. let alone have that good of luck that you kill them all without being biten.. you may think me crazy by this point but i was thinking we could discuss probable contingency plans for the unlikely event that my dead grandma wants to eat my brains.. (lol) but.. yea.. im sometimes a kill joy like that.. or weird.. whatever it may be...

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

You don't need a million bullets JH, just some friends and some melee weapons.

I have GOT to fix one of my swords. They're both crap. The well built one that I've been looking at buying is going to be $300.

I chose the old Fort not really because of it's proximity to a modern base, but because it could survive a seige and there are lot's of bladed weapons on site. :twisted:

(I don't think Zombies can beat through three feet of solid stone or climb forty feet up a flat wall... out of a moat. )

see.. for me.. melee.... Baaaaaad idea.. i wouldnt trust my skills... or lack there of... against countless zombies.. now the occasional one or two just moseying around.. id love to take down with a baseball bat.. or sword.. or chainsaw.. or lead pipe.. or ax... or chair.. or..

Let us first evaluate.

1) What is the size of the outbreak? Is it international, national or local.

If it is a small outbreak the best possibility would surely be to hide and wait for help to come to you. If it is bigger a different approache would be needed.

YOu would be needing four things i think:

- Weapons (preferably ranged but melee is important as well)

- Food (CANNED!!! Because you probably won't know how long you will have to hold out)

- Friends or allies (in such a situation you will need support. Not only physical but also psychological. If I was alone in such a situation I think i may go mad)

- An easily defendable hideout (A building with only two or three entries and not too many windows on the ground level. Barricade all the lower level and try and hold out. Killing some Zombies with your guns could kill time also it helps if the hideout is isolated since there should be less zombies)

Once you have these four elements you should be ok. I figure after 6 months the zombies should have rotted so much they wouldn't pose a menace... Then start repopulating (now you understand i also meant female friends :wink:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

I chose the old Fort not really because of it's proximity to a modern base, but because it could survive a seige and there are lot's of bladed weapons on site. :twisted:

(I don't think Zombies can beat through three feet of solid stone or climb forty feet up a flat wall... out of a moat. )

Uh Def, what if said Zombies make like the Zombie-pyramid to scale the walls? Since they're undead, walking through the moat won't be a big deal. Remember the pirates (Arrrrgh :D ) from the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie? They walked on the sea floor then climbed up the anchor chains. They could just walk along the bottom of the moat to get to the wall. Of course some grenades or such could be used to blow away the Zombie-pyramid from time to time :wink:

... If I was alone in such a situation I think i may go mad

But you are "MAD" :lol: (I couldn't resist)

Edited by DarthTex
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

hehehe.. i knew somehow you were gonna get to that whole.. adam and eve type of deal.. hahaha.. seems everyone is more concerned with procreation than with salvation.. :lol: .. but in all seriousness.. that sounds pretty good there Mad.. i would just assume big breakout and wait for news that its small... chances are though.. it wouldnt be... anyone run that simulator?.. or the variations of?... its pretty.. erm... prophetic?.. if it were to happen.. at least i think so..