Is the human species stupid?

Guest Scathane

Is the human species stupid?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Is the human species stupid?

• Yes, most definitely...
    • Of course not, don't be silly...
    • I'm too stupid to understand this question...

Guest Scathane
Well here we have it... And - puhlease - people, I don't want long explanations and boring motivations... Just answer the poll; it will run for 2 weeks and then we'll finally know...

I don't think you can really say yes or no because Humans are the only conscious being we know of, and as such we are the only beings able to apply logic, and our mind to problems... There is no other species in which we can compare our intelligence because all other lifeforms known to us operate on instinct.

Is it stupid that we are destroying the planet? You could argue that because humans are conscious and intelligent they therefore supercede natural selection, but in being such they experience things differently, therefore us destroying the planet is us carrying out natural selection on ourselves...

Meanwhile you have the guy saying "Well God isn't stupid, so we can't be."... And I stand by my arguement of 'it is impossible for something so unnaturally cruel to exist.'

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Guest Scathane

Nope... As I said, this poll is to get it out in the open... We've discussed this long enough and we've all heard enough of each others viewpoints... :) We all know that there are certain difficulties related to the concept...

...and now, it is the time to vote... :mrgreen:

It disgusts me that I didn't come up w/ the idea to start this thread...An EXCELLENT topic Scath!

Oh, BTW: Do I need to tell everyone how I feel in this thread or have I mentioned it enough in other threads?

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

This poll is based on a question that is to vague. What is stupidity? What is intelligence? Genetically we are related to apes, none of whome have penned the equivelent of Orthelo or Ulysses, invented IPods, or used a twig in a more skillful way than bashing something else they come across on the canopy floor. And whilst all the IT department personnel I have had the extreme displeasure of working with may demonstrated capable skills deploying intelligence with computer equipment, in all their levels of arrogance and contempt of non-degree level understanding of said area of expertise lends weight to their stupidity.*

So which possesses intelligence or stupidity? Man or ape?

*May of had bad experiance with IT arrogance in the distant past, but try running an office with a sales person who can't view a .jpg because IE isn't installed on their PC, and approaching IT department to question this...to a barrage of IT arrogance in response. :roll:

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

So which possesses intelligence or stupidity? Man or ape?

Neither and both. Neither possess intelligence and both possess stupidity. Granted there are exceptions in both species I'm sure. I just haven't encountered enough to convince me to change my mind.

I guess my opinion has been stated in yet ANOTHER thread...Anyone have any idea how many that makes now?

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Neither and both. Neither possess intelligence and both possess stupidity. Granted there are exceptions in both species I'm sure. I just haven't encountered enough to convince me to change my mind.

But your mind isk not youf mind isk it?

http://www.brianedwards.co.uk/b3ta/freudidcard.jpg

:lol::wink:

English, please, J? Well, i have pure, undeniable proof that humans are stupid: http://www.cowabduction.com/ Read through there- you'll bust a gut (Not a great idea when you have a cracked breastbone)

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Like I said you can't really define intelligence among life as of now. Certainly human beings are genetically superior and have skills that set them vastly apart from other species, and these skills have allowed us to survive as a species. Also the fact that humans are so diversely different individually we can't begin to grasp the ultimate potential of our race, especially when we have only just barely scratched the surface of the infinite number of possible genetic patterns, each of which yeilds different strengths and weaknesses.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

"A person is smart.

People are dumb.

Everything they've ever "known" has been

proven to be wrong. A thousand years ago

everybody knew as a fact, that the earth

was the center of the universe. Five

hundred years ago, they knew it was flat.

Fifteen minutes ago, you knew we humans

were alone on it. Imagine what you'll know

tomorrow."

-Agent K, Men in Black

English, please, J? Well, i have pure, undeniable proof that humans are stupid: http://www.cowabduction.com/ Read through there- you'll bust a gut (Not a great idea when you have a cracked breastbone)

Great site Tofu :lol::lol::lol:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

English, please, J?

Should have wrapped that in Freudian-accent mode...but forgot... sorry Tofu dude! I'm fluent in gibberish, not German. :wink:

()()()()()()000000000000000OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo... Now I get it! I thought I had it, but I wasn't sure if I did or if it was a series of odd typos. :)

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, this is late, but I can't help it...

Well here we have it... And - puhlease - people, I don't want long explanations and boring motivations...
8O 8O 8O

I am aghast!!!

8O8O8O8O8O8O

No explanations?! No boring motivations?!

8O8O8O8O8O8O

Scath...how could you!

Does not compute...does not compute...does not compute!!!

:x

AHHH!!!!!!

:?

Guest Scathane
Well, we already had an extensive debate about the matter..., I just posted this so we could finally see the outcome...

Well, we already had an extensive debate about the matter...

I think it was actually 1 debate in about 3 different threads. Most of that was probably my fault. I am rather vocal about my opinions concerning your species...

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Well, we already had an extensive debate about the matter...

I think it was actually 1 debate in about 3 different threads. Most of that was probably my fault. I am rather vocal about my opinions concerning your species...

We couldn't tell... :roll:

PEOPLE ARE STUPID!!!