Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO)

Guest Scathane

That's awesome. The more we know about that planet, the better. Because in a few hundred years, this planet will be trashed, and humanity is going to need a new home.

Although frankly, if we can't take care of a great world that was handed to us, I somehow doubt we will do any better with a world we have to jumpstart back to life.

And yes, I have a very dim view of humanity as a whole, and its long term chance of survival.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Cool links Scathe! :) I vaguely remember seeing something about this last night when I got back from the pub, but my brain was a bit borked.

And yes, I have a very dim view of humanity as a whole, and its long term chance of survival.

I'm ever the optimist when it comes to humanity. Sure we've done a good job of trashing great swathes of this beautiful moss-covered rock we're on, but there's masses we haven't trashed yet, and as science involves, cleaner means of power will gradually ascend. As for warfare, well there's gradually less and less of it if you look at history in the long term.So I would like to think our chances are quite good. :)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I agree with Jahled on this. When humans have to, they'll rise to the occassion, and if life itself is being threatened (assuming we could fuck the planet up that much) I have to believe that humans would find a way. Also as Jahled said, we are coming up with cleaner power, and we have a lot of land that we haven't ruined so, one day we'll be living on that land with cleaner power while Earth goes through it's natural cycles, thus cleansing itself.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

I agree with Jahled on this. When humans have to, they'll rise to the occassion, and if life itself is being threatened (assuming we could Jihad the planet up that much) I have to believe that humans would find a way. Also as Jahled said, we are coming up with cleaner power, and we have a lot of land that we haven't ruined so, one day we'll be living on that land with cleaner power while Earth goes through it's natural cycles, thus cleansing itself.

:)

A year or two ago I remember a couple of scientists announcing they had achieved a fusion cycle; but apparently short of community proof. To bad! But it will happen, because the physics are in place. The challenge is to achieve it! And yay when it's done! :D

Meaning that we have to educate homo sapiens- we need to get the one-in-one-hundred who has what it takes to operate this equipment- the rest get to serve the food.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest Scathane
Getting back on topic.

How long is the Mars Orbiter going to stay round Mars?

4 years... 8O

BTW: you guys do realize that I only blew up that hyperlink because I want to hide the fact that I beaked myself with regard to the subject title of this post?

Meaning that we have to educate homo sapiens- we need to get the one-in-one-hundred who has what it takes to operate this equipment- the rest get to serve the food.

Don't understand your point DF! :)

BTW: you guys do realize that I only blew up that hyperlink because I want to hide the fact that I beaked myself with regard to the subject title of this post?

FYI: I changed a little in this part to make it a little easier for everyone else to read.

Decide to BEAK yourself before I got back to a computer that is connected to the 'net Scath? (I've got Spring Break until the 19th so I (probably) won't be posting everyday between now and then.)

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to that site before on several occasions. There are definitely interesting things to learn there :D

From me J: great reminder :)

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?