X-Men: The Last Stand

Guest Scathane

I like the Paradise Lost reference, it kind of makes sense for the movie, and I'm a big fan of Milton so it instantly gets me psyched.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

I'm a fan of X-Men, and have been very pleased with how the two movies have come out. So, I'm eagerly awaiting the third installment :)

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Guest Scathane
I like the Paradise Lost reference...
Which one's that? :?

I'm a fan of X-Men, and have been very pleased with how the two movies have come out. So, I'm eagerly awaiting the third installment :)
Indeed... :D With X-Men, they bring us one of the most impressive comic stories ever to be seen on screen...

The bit about angels fighting each other. It's the civil war in heaven Milton refers to when Lucifer and his followers are cast down... It's kind of a tragic story really... God I love Paradise Lost.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

I knew this day would come... a third crappy X-men movie- I'll be damned if the first two weren't ridiculously corny and Matrix II and III-like... *Pulls out revolver* farewell, cruel world!

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

You'll say that about X-men but not Star Wars?

Guest Scathane
I knew this day would come... a third crappy X-men movie- I'll be damned if the first two weren't ridiculously corny and Matrix II and III-like... *Pulls out revolver* farewell, cruel world!
I take it you don't like X-Men in general? :roll:

You'll say that about X-men but not Star Wars?

I take it you don't like X-Men in general?

I shot myslef in the head, remember? You guys are talking to a dead man... And hearing his reply. My shadow says that you're crazy.

12/14/07

Its just so terribly cliche, corny, and scientifically innacurate- the concept is cool- people who are born with psychic abilities, and that other people are afraid of these abilities. The idea of surviving a gunshot wound to the head (You can't heal yourself if you aren't alive) and the idea of the renegade mutants trying to kill all of mankind/ one man wanting to kill all of mutantkind is just stupid and cony. The lines are somewhat cliche, and some of the action sequences are drawn out far too much IE the jet chase scene and when Wolverine is having his little match with the she-wolf as I call her.

12/14/07

Guest Scathane
Its just so terribly cliche, corny, and scientifically innacurate...
All of which are applicable to Star Wars as well...

...the renegade mutants trying to kill all of mankind/ one man wanting to kill all of mutantkind is just stupid and cony....
Sure... look at how well we deal with differences less great than that in the real world... :roll:

...and some of the action sequences are drawn out far too much IE the jet chase scene and when Wolverine is having his little match with the she-wolf as I call her.
Ah, now I see... Star Wars doesn't have any of such drawn-out-far-to-much scenes...:roll:

...the renegade mutants trying to kill all of mankind/ one man wanting to kill all of mutantkind is just stupid and cony....

Because Palpatine isn't one man out to destroy the Jedi...

Its just so terribly cliche, corny, and scientifically innacurate- the concept is cool- people who are born with psychic abilities, and that other people are afraid of these abilities. The idea of surviving a gunshot wound to the head (You can't heal yourself if you aren't alive) and the idea of the renegade mutants trying to kill all of mankind/ one man wanting to kill all of mutantkind is just stupid and cony. The lines are somewhat cliche, and some of the action sequences are drawn out far too much IE the jet chase scene and when Wolverine is having his little match with the she-wolf as I call her.

Well Scath and AI already mocked your points so I'll handle the blatantly BEAKable mistakes. "Its" should be "It's". "cony" I will assume based on context was supposed to be "corny". There were a few more mistakes that I noticed but seeing as I've got soap that is in the middle of being made I cannot take long on any one post. I also cannot leave in the middle because I will get sidetracked before I can get back.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"