My Avatar

Master_Xan

• SWR Staff - Executive

Aye that was almost too easy :)

Orson Scott Card is definitely one of my favorite authors

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Hey! I said no google! You cheated!!

CHEATER!!

Anywho, yep its Bean from the Ender's Shadow book cover. I'm surprised you guys got that so easily. That's my favorite book series though, through its combination of adventure, feelings, and thought-provoking situations. Plus it just makes me feel smart afterwards... if that makes any sense at all.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

Fans of Card need to read Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus.

Ender's Game is good. I have yet to read the rest of the series. :cry:

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Ender's Game is good, but its sequels aren't the same sort of book. Obviously Card wrote them, but they are different from the original. Deeper, heavier material. Lots of people don't like them as much. They were ok, but the ones I really got into were actually those of the companion series... the one featuring Bean, which began with Ender's Game's "sister book", Ender's Shadow. Same timeframe, but from Bean's point of view. Very good, and its sequels are the same sort of books.

• SWR Staff - Executive

The trilogy for Ender has a more philosophical and religious feel. It deals with Ender 3000 years in the future, in another situation where xenocide may be the only answer. There are a lot of new characters, as the story couldn't support with just Ender and Valentine. This is an adult Ender but you can still relate to all the characters. Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, Children of the Mind

Ender's Shadow is what OSC calls a "parallax" - a parellel telling of the same events in Ender's Game. Bean is the primary character here, you will see a lot of how he influenced the events. It is quite good, and it flows well with the original. All the characters are there including Graff and Mazer Rackham, and some new ones. It stands on its own as a book though, so you won't be disappointed.

The trilogy for Bean deals with a near-future Earth after the Buggers have been destroyed. It is more political and military. Nations are preparing for war again as they use their new genius children against each other. Minor characters from Ender's Game play a more powerful role here. You'll also see Ender's brother, Peter, becoming an important character.

Shadow of the Hegemon, Shadow Puppets, Shadow of the Giant

OSC is working on more books. One will be a bridge between the Bean and Ender trilogies. Another will be focused on Mazer. We'll see whenever they are done :)

I have read some of Card's other works... his Homecoming Saga takes a more religious tone, but it still very character driven. I could connect with it. Will try reading the others when I get the time.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Well, hop to it you two! Read Ender's Game first, if you like it, check out either Ender's Shadow or Speaker for the Dead after that, depending upon which series you want to start with. I recommend Speaker for a deep read, and Shadow for a lighter, more adventure-driven reading.

I haven't read any of his other books, though I've been meaning to do so. Just never really got around to it. Maybe I'll give them a shot this week.