Parkour/Freerunning, for those of you who don't know...

Aenivae_Ikeda

This is my sport... Because only an idiot like me does stuff like this. There are better videos of David Belle (Founder of Freerunning/Parkour) but this is the only one that I can find that doesn't require a membership somewhere. This is the Russian form of Parkour... Watch all of the video because it gets really good.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=515642196227308929

Freerunning is basically a combination between cross-country running, and gymnastics using an urban environment... Anyways just thought I'd continue spreading the word.

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I have a small layer of tempur material that my family doesn't use so I used it to learn to do standing flips, and somersaults. Also there's a small business building next to my house with a ledge that's higher than my roof (To prevent people getting on their roof) and I can use that to practice my jump. The building itself is very useful, has some good corners, and a rock-type wall on one side... It's dandy.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

It's the only good thing in this city. Everywhere else is hell. Although the mall is fun, but I don't enjoy running from security and dodging through hordes of people while trying to do stunts... So yeah.

Ah, Agressive jumping/running, am i right? Can't watch the vid at school, but I'm assuming that's what it is... I'm nowhere near coordinated enough to do anything like that...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I've seen that video before, somebody posted it in another Forum topic awhile back. Unfortunately, I don't remember who or what topic. But I'm thinking it was ... maybe ... Mad? :? There was also a video of a French guy having extreme difficulty with a 5 foot wall :roll:
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

It says the province type thing at the begining of the video... Certainly not Moscow or St.Petersberg... But yeah, it's fun!

Just watched it... Damn... 8O If you can do 1/4 of the stuff those guys were doing, remind me never ever to get on your bad side!

12/14/07

Well I'm not quite so stylish, and I'm not quite as fluent but I can distance myself from a given point fairly fast. Besides, Parkour is calm feeling, it's not so easy to do most of it when you are really pissed... I know, I've fallen before while trying this stuff pissed off... ah... Good times.

There was guy who used skills like that to evade the police in a city near where I live. He almost got away, until he decided to jump a ledge without knowing where it led. I'm guessing the guy driving the car that hit him was a suprised as the runner when he hit the freeway.
I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Further proof to support my theory...Thanks BS.

What theory, the theory that Darwin was right?

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Guest Scathane
Wow! We have a traceur in our midst?! Great! I've seen a lot of parkour video's and think it's one of the most impressing things I ever saw. I would really like to become a traceur... but since I broke off my gymnastics training when I was 18... :roll:

I wouldn't think of it as 'people being stupid' mith. Granted that there are some dumbass Parkour people who use the techniques for stupid things, like showing off, and running from the cops, and these are the people who always wind up dead, or severely hurt.

Whereas you take the (Dare I say "Zen") parkourers who aren't doing the moves in desparate situations, and therefore have more control, and are more aware as to their surroundings.

It kind of makes me giddy (As sick as this will sound) to know that people who use freerunning for stupid things (Showing off, evading police.) usually end up in a world of pain. You don't find that in a lot of other sports.

Yeah, well, you qualify as the most sadistic person on these forums, so, uh... Yeah... *Runs off to check on meatloaf!*

12/14/07

Was there any doubt after my first 100 posts? Of course I'm the forum's Sadist. I become the resident sadist everywhere I go. It's a cultural thing from my home planet.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Was there any doubt after my first 100 posts? Of course I'm the forum's Sadist. I become the resident sadist everywhere I go. It's a cultural thing from my home planet.

That doesn't work- if your whole planet is sadistic, there is no way for you to become the resident sadist as that would merely be the norm- you would have to be more sadistic than everyone else, which would essentially be like being happier than everyone else to us Terrans, thus making you quite the opposite of what being a ssaddist would suggest, therfor making you an alien queer. :lol: ...And this is all sound logic... *RUns off to check on the meatloaf again*

12/14/07